“Amazing hotel”
Review of Mode Sathorn Hotel

Mode Sathorn Hotel
Ranked #139 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel made our stay in Bangkok much more pleasant. From the hip and modern rooms with shower and really cool bathtub, to the beautiful infinity pool overlooking the city, this hotel did not seize to amaze us. When we arrived in Bangkok it was late, they got us in our room right away and because it was late we decided to.eat in their restaurant The Satorn. Wow the food was absolutely amazing, we were very pleasantly surprised. We then decided to go to their rooftop bar The roof which had really good drinks and ambiance. The hotel is very centraly located and the staff were great. Our breakfast was inclued, it was continental. The last day we decided to try the bistro for breakfast and the food was absolutely delicious. Loved this place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arleen A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed in Mode Sathorn Hotel on April 2014. It was located just right in front of Surasak BTS station, at the quieter part of Sathorn Road. Once I entered the room I was impressed with the view behind the large window just next to the beds and the bathtub. My room overlooked the opposite Eastin Hotel and Sathorn Road, which boosted my already happy mood right away.

This hotel had chic design with dominant violet color. The building and furniture was new. The room had separated toilet and bathtub/shower rooms, each with mirror and wash sink, which helped a lot with the queue with your roommate in the mornings and evenings. It provided abundant amenities, such as towels, bathing kit, slippers, etc just anywhere you think you'd need one.

I got complimentary breakfast for all the 3 mornings I stayed there, it was basic but I got all I needed: coffee, oats, danish, and fruits. The gym was small but had all the basics for cardio and weight training. The pool had infinity design, overlooking Sathorn Road which you would be tempted to take a selfie from. The hotel had a rooftop bar with 360 degree view which was undisputably nice for hanging out with your travel mates in the early evening.

Within walking distance there was a seven eleven store, but other than that there was not much to go to. That shouldn't be a concern at all since you can hop on to a BTS which can take you directly to Silom or Siam or Samphan Thaksin (if you want to continue with water taxi) in less than 15 minutes. If you need a taxi, just go to the lobby and the staff will call for one through a radio. Taxi fares in Bangkok is cheap but sometimes you got drivers who don't want to use the meter. The taxis I got from this hotel somehow all used meter. I did not even have to ask.

All this amazing stuff I enjoyed during my stay did not cost me much. I paid hardly US$100 per night. I hope this rate will hold for a while, and I will, without second thought, go back to this hotel. I visited Bangkok quite a few times and here I finally found the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: not sure if all rooms have city view. just mention it in your bookings so you won't miss it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank vincenterritory
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The location is good. Hotel is clean, swimming pool is nice. Staffs provide excellent service and i was being upgraded to the excutive room. The only thing need to improve is the supply of hot water. Seems that every time i need to wait few minutes before i can get hot / warm water for shower.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alvin L
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was simply perfect. The staff is extremely kind and makes everything to make you comfortable. Rooms are classy, wide and with all you need to feel better than at home, and the view over Bangkok is breathtaking. Facilities are great too, food is good, services are meant to fullfill all your needs. The position is right in front of surasak skytrain station, making it easy to visit the city. In addition, even if personal, I really enjoyed the style of the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefano R
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great and in a great location. Walking distance to the rainbow pier and the sky train right outside. Also walking distance to the Myanmar embassy. The hotel is clean and the room was large with a bath and seperate shower (theres also a huge window so you can look out while showering or in the bath). Breakfast is nice. We had the continental. We also ate at 2 of the restaurants and it was tasty. The staff were very helpful until we checked out and its for this reason i will not give it 5 stars. When we checked in we asked if they had printer facilities and the staff were more than happy to help us with printing the docs we needed to get a visa for Myanmar they said it was free and seemed v.happy to help. Upon check out i asked if they would be able to print out plane tickets for us and the gentlenan seemed happy about it untill he would not give us our print outs unless we paid 50baht!!! This was a different person to when we printed stuff before. I told him that i wasnt charged before but he did not seem to care. We stupidly paid the money as we were in a rush to get to the airport.. what shocked me the most was as we were walking out i turned back and saw him putting the money in his pocket! This has really soured my experiance here and was going to come back when in bangkok in Aug but i will not now.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nedley118
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were staying over one night when travelling from Oslo to Auckland. Since we arrived very early I had booked the previous night as well to ensure they would have a room ready when we arrived, but they thought we wouldn't show up so we had to wait an hour for the room. As compensation they upgraded us to an executive suite, and included free breakfast and free late check out! The room was fantastic with a really comfortable bed, big bathroom, separate bathroom and separate wardrobe.
The service was impeccable, the staff extremely friendly and helpful.
We didn't try the restaurant, but had a well made champagne mojito at the rooftop bar - which has a fantastic view.
Girlfriend loved the swimmingpool, but I preferred to stay in our luxurious airconditioned room.
Never been to Bangkok before and didn't stay long, so don't know if the location is good or not, but there was a skytrain station just outside so I imagine it's easy to get around without a taxi.

All in all one of the best hotel stays I've had!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I loved everything about this hotel.

The rooms are beautifully designed and the location is fantastic. The BTS skytrain is right outside, which is very convenient.

The staff were also very helpful and friendly.

I would stay again!