“Modern and very spacious rooms”

Best Western Premier Sukhumvit
Ranked #174 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This fairly new hotel has very modern and spacious rooms with all the amenities needed (I had a king size room). The pool on the rooftop (8th floor) is a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day sightseeing or shopping. The serve drinks and little snacks there. The breakfast buffet has a huge selection that gives one the perfect start into a busy day. The location is also really good, within walking distance to the Ploen Chit Skytrain station, a good start for visiting the cities sights. And the best really is that all this comes at a really very good bargain. I was amazed how little I had to pay, considering you're in Bangkok. I would definitely go back and stay there. The only thing that really need improving is their selection of DVD movies (way too many sic-fi and shooting films).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kluane
Michael L, General Manager at Best Western Premier Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities.

We have just purchased the latest top 20 DVD’s to add to our collection so hopefully we are able to offer you a bigger assortment of movies to watch on your next visit.

Look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Sukhumvit in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here while being treated at the hospital. I find this is a best hotel to stay if you go to the hospital, its just a matter of crossing a lane. We felt very comfortable in these large rooms. Wi-fi was also good. However the Thai food there was not authentic, but we only had their breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mangkaru

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad to see that you enjoyed our facilities, location and services.

Sorry you did not find our Thai food to be authentic, for breakfast we try to deliver local cuisine in a European format to satisfy the mixed nationalities of our guests.

Hopefully I have will the opportunity to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Sukhumvit in the near future when I will be able to show you true Traditional Thai cuisine.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

If you are looking for a truly magnificent get away in the magical city of Bangkok then you won't be disappointed with this Hotel. Opulent and contemporary this city centre hotel offers a perfect retreat for those looking to be pampered in stylish surroundings. Service is 5 star and the food is varied and sumptuous . Ideally situated close to one of Asias finest hospitals, Bumrungrad International, access to Bangkoks sights and markets is relatively straight forward.
A five minute walk and you can be on the Sky train, or bartering in the many Market Areas of the city.
The bedrooms and bathrooms in this hotel are also Five star and the roof top swimming pool and fitness centre is a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. Definitely go again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

At the end of January I had some appointments at Bumrungrad hospital and wanted a hotel close to the hospital. I had previously stayed at the FuramaXclusive, and was planning to stay there again, but came across a great rate at the Best Western Premier Sukhumvit and decided to give it a try. I was glad I tried it…..

My room was spacious and nicely furnished with an LCD TV, refrigerator and safe. The bed and pillows offered western style comfort. The room was well maintained and the bathroom came with an abundant supply of the common amenities. The room lights could be a little confusing.

Although the pool on the roof was not spacious there was a nice bar and it was a relaxing place to have a beverage and/or a bite to eat. It was also a good place to get a view of the area. Sometimes the music was not always to my liking.

The breakfast buffet offered a decent selection of western and Asian foods and it worked for me. The coffee was good.

If you don’t want to walk far for food and/or coffee, the hospital has a Starbucks on the Sky Lobby floor of the international clinic and on the first floor of the main hospital. Also, there were some decent food establishments, including Thai, Japanese and a sandwich shop, on the second floor of the main hospital. There was a nice food court in the international clinic that was accessed via the Sky Lobby floor. I also had several very good 1.5 hour foot massages at Boonsita Massage: exit the hotel, make a left, and then walk towards Sukhumvit Road. But, before Sukhumvit on the left will be Boonsita Massage. It’s a little secluded so look for a large tree. I noticed that Bumrungrad employees frequent this establishment. Public transportation was a short walk away and it really wasn’t a bad walk to Terminal 21.

While I was there the intersection of Sukhumvit and Asoke was closed down by protesters but I found the atmosphere to be more like a festival with bands playing and lots of people selling t-shirts. I felt very safe and comfortable walking around. The hotel arranged a 500 TB taxi to the airport for me. I have previously done the negotiation thing (e.g. who pays the tolls) with “metered” taxis and have decided life is too short to worry about small change and now just go with the flat rate.

The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am a frequent traveler to Bangkok and this hotel is the best I ever stayed. The hotel design was very modern and nice and equipped with modern items. I stayed here for 2 nights and It was a nice stay. My room was very clean and nice. Staff was very friendly and attentive. They helped my for taxi and money exchange. The breakfast was ok with average choices, but it was delicious. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: But I had a problem, not involved with the hotel, I was cheated by a taxi driver. I took a taxi whil...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Imii80
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at Best Western Premier before. It is a conveniently located, relatively small 3-4 star hotel with an OK restaurant. Rooms are good, no-nonsense with decent bathrooms and comfortable beds. The pool is very small as is the fitness room, which has quite sparse facilities and equipment. The breakfast buffet has a limited selection.

What is most offputting is the apparent lack of management at the desk. The concierge and reception staff are uninterested and not very helpfull - unless they can make a buck or two.

We had them order a taxi for us three times before we understood that the bellboys make a 50-100 baht on each trip, which means that you have to deal with severely pissed off taxi drivers, who then try to recover their money from you. Quite offputting. A hint - do not pay extra for a studio. They are way smaller and frankly not as well designed as the standard rooms.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on the southern side, they are more quiet and without direct sunshine. Go standard or s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Although the hotel is not located in big street and takes you 10-15 minutes walk to BTS, their staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is OK, but considering price, it's a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends