“Best place to stay close to khaosan road”

The Warehouse Bangkok
Ranked #26 of 641 Bangkok B&B and Inns
uk
“Best place to stay close to khaosan road”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Modern hotel with great design. Staff is lovely helping with everything including getting best price for tuk tuk. They recommended us to go to the best markets (non touristy ones) and they were stunning. The room are quiet and super clean with western shower!!!!

The kitchen sends out great food and the staff are so good! If you want to stay in bangkok close to kasoan road that is the place to stay, especially after a long trip

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jay g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was attracted by it's interior design so I booked the room. it's kindda Loft, Industrial, Minimum style, the room, the lobby, the cafe are pretty cool. The location is not very convenient but it's closed to the grand palace and Khao San rd. You have to take taxi, tuktuk, or motor-taxi to get here.Staff are friendly and helpful, they give me an area map of the hotel neighborhood and explain the area to me. There's a little defect that I found some stain on the tower and bed sheet. The other thing that bug me is there's neighbor in the house next to the hotel were very noisy at night. It's not the hotel's fault but it made me hardly fall to sleep at night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashleyliu
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Trendy little spot I stayed at in June 2013, Warehouse is an accurate description! It's more like a cozy, updated better than average hostel but with private rooms with safe and security at the front door [good for late night]. Minimalist rooms with LCD, good wifi, mini fridge, and little shops on the corner [7-11??] nearby to grab drinks/snacks. Very short walk to Khao San Rd although you will get bored of that area very fast. I made the mistake of coming here from Angkor Wat so I was done with temple hopping, I went to a few but gave up on that mission due to the heat and insanely long lineups everywhere. Found two really cool jazz spots within a 5-10 minute metered cab from this place after getting bored of all the same ol' cover band dives on Khao Son Rd called Jazz Happens! and Brown Sugar. Def recommend Lumpini Stadium although I heard it was closing down which is a shame. All in all friendly staff, good food at the resto dstairs and decent rooms.

Room Tip: Very minimalist but clean, close to tons of stuff on the 'Old' side of the city
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hashman_TO
Reviewed 30 June 2014

As has already been mentioned this hotel is in an ideal location for Khao San Road, far enough away to miss out on the madness but literally only a 10 minute walk away.

The quality of this hotel surpirsied me considering the price I paid for the room, it is modern, spacious, welcoming and clean. The staff are very friendly and were excellent at organising taxi's, advising on locations etc.

Breakfast was good, varied selection of local and western food and at very reasonable prices although I do echo a reviewers comment, no need to get the inclusive option as the prices don't compute.

Rooms were spacious, clean and included TV, fridge and small safety deposit box. I was in a street facing room and on the 4th floor, I didn't notice any street noise at all but that could of been as I was higher up.

There is a 7 Eleven just down the street where you can pick up water and such like for your room so you are never far away from necessities.

Only issue I had during my stay was the no water in the bathroom when I got back to my room after being out for the evening, it tooka while to sort out but was ultimately rectified.

Would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone looking a short stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I haven't got a single bad thing to say about this hotel, we absolutely loved it from start to finish.
This was our second time in bangkok and the last hotel of our trip.
The location is perfect! It's about a 10 minute walk (although feels much shorter) from Khao San Road, the Grand Palace and all the other attractions.
Its perfect because you don't have all the noise of Khao San Road at night but you aren't missing out on the action.
Anyway when we got there were greeted with friendly chatty staff; they were all amazing throughout our stay!
The girl who initially showed us to our room was particularly helpful and talked to us more like a friend. My boyfriend wanted a tattoo by a monk (Sak Yant) and she told us all about it and booked the taxi for us to go.
The girl with the tiger tattoo on your back, we loved you!
The entire hotel looks amazing, the design is modern and contemporary; the warehouse theme runs throughout and looks awesome.
Our rooms were clean with a balcony and complimentary water, tea, coffee, soaps and even slippers (flip flops).
There was free wifi and the signal was spot on. There was a TV with english channels if you had a long day and wanted to stay in.
The cafe did some great food and great drinks offers, again with lovely staff who talk to you like friends.
Simple things like the fact the shower pressure was good and always hot also is always a bonus.
Just to add, this isn't a rough area not even remotely.

Also if you must get a tuk tuk or taxi back from the grand palace, don't let them con you because it really is a 10 minute walk. If you are lucky enough to convince a taxi to put it on meter then do.

I can't stress how much we loved this hotel, if you get the chance to stay here then do!

Room Tip: A lot of the taxi and tuk tuk drivers hadn't heard of the actual street the hotel is on ('Bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel on two seperate occasions now and both times, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
Staff are friendly, rooms are very spacious, well lay out, nicely decorated and cleaned on a daily basis. Rooms also include a laptop safe.
A few people have mentioned the fact that there tend to be a homeless people sleeping rough and prostitutes working this street but, although this is true - this is Bangkok and unfortunately it happens, it has never been an issue for us and you'll find these people wont bother you.
The hotel itself is located about 15 minutes walk from Khao San Road and in my opinion, a nice distance from the non stop hustle and bustle.
I wouldnt think twice about booking this hotel for my next visit to Bangkok and cannot recommend it enough!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
glasgow
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We loved the place. Rooms are spotless, and comfortable. Staff are friendly, wifi good, and the location is just the right distance from the charming, yet manic Khaosan rd.

We were a little apprehensive about it before arrival, due to many people saying it was it a rough area, but it is def not in a rough area. Yes there are homeless people & prostitutes about, however in 4 nights no one so much as gave us a second glance - if you mind your business, they'll mind theirs.

I would also mention that you can walk down practically any area in Bangkok and see people sleeping rough, and prostitutes going about their business, let's not forget when you choose to stay here, it will more likely than not be because you'll visit khaosan rd at some point, and you'd be more likely to get pick pocketed or shouted abuse at there, so bare this in mind if you're unsure wether or not to book this place.

We'll be back in Bangkok for a couple of nights in 3 weeks, and will almost certainly book this hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple