“Nice artwork!”
Review of Silom Art Hostel

Silom Art Hostel
Ranked #248 of 1,307 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had one night to stay at Silom Art Hostel, and had a great time! We had a room with a double bed and a private bath for $39 USD/night. Room also came with two complimentary bottles of water. If you like art, then this is the place to stay at. Each room was so unique with the chairs, wall art, and even the faucets. The art in the lobby and communal areas were pretty neat. The hostel is down an alley, but restaurants and a morning market is within a 5 minute walk. Amazing food if you stop by in the morning. The hostel is nearby the metro station, but it's about a 15 minute walk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KeroppiQueen

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is the best hostel I've been staying at ever. Great atmosphere, very comfy beds, friendly staff, clean, air cond, amazing roof top terrace....perfect place to stay in Bangkok. I would come back anytime.
It's quite new so spread the word...or keep the secret;)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

actually had hard time finding the place. and plus, i hate and really really hate dogs. so being inside an alley like that really freaks me.

but inside, the place was amazing. i love the design. not sure what everybody else say, but the staff that was there was really helpful.

i love the TV area! thinking of copying the style to my room! haha. but although there are hundreds of channels, almost impossible to find an english movie!

but its too far from the train and eating places, so i just stayed there for nights days.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Halms
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Interesting building and reasonably comfortable rooms, though I kept hitting my head on a section of the ceiling that was too low. My main problem was the poor service and the detached and unhelpful staff. Not even a tourist map available. Luckily for me, the Lub D Silom hostel was nearby and the friendly, helpful Lub D staff gave me all the information and maps I needed. Lub D even helped me arrange day trips around Bangkok. Silom Art Hostel staff seemed completely uninterested in their guests. It was the worst accommodation experience during my Asia trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RogerM141
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We have stayed here nearly twelve nights on and off as we are traveling through Asia and using Bangkok as our hub. We originally picked it due to proximity to where friends were staying and we have stayed elsewhere in the city but always keep coming back when we need 2 or 3 nights of easy familiarity at the right price. The place is super clean, incredibly comfortable and the boys at the front desk are so sweet. Awesome roof deck and only 10 mins walk to Chong Nansi BTS. Better street food options on weekdays since so many offices are around. Sukhumvit is a better location but for the price 1,200 baht for 1 night for twin or king room it can't be beat. Great showers, fast wifi, comfy beds, and funky vibe.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dckatastrophe
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Clean and spacious rooms. tastefully done rooms and hostels. Helpful staff. We would highly recommend. its equivalent to a 3 star hotel. Good value for money. They have a good sit out on the top floor. Chong Nansi station is close, its about 7- 8 min walk. Its close to Siam (50-55 THB by taxi). There is free bus service (77,15) to siam, central world area.

Room Tip: Double bed and Twin bedrooms are very good
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed in Silom Art Hostel for a couple of nights during my stay in Bangkok. The hotel itself is very, very cool. It is extremely well layed out and decorated. There is so much detail in every item and wall in the entire hostel. Even the chairs in the lobby had cowboy boots!

Apart from how awesome the place looked (I could go on for hours), Yoshi at the front desk was nothing short of perfect. He was super helpful with even the smallest of questions and was a joy to chat to. I cannot talk him up enough!

The location of the hostel did seem to be a decent distance from any tourist sights we wanted to see, such as the main temples, Khao San road and most of the "red light" streets. Bangkok is massive and sprawled out though, so it is hard to be close to everything.Luckily there is ample transport to make it pretty easy to get anywhere for quite cheap, so it didn't bother us too much.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hostel. Make sure you check out the awesome rooftop as well, and pay attention to all the little details all over the place. It truely is a work of art. Say hi to Yoshi for me!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple