“modern room, good service”
Review of GLOW Pratunam

GLOW Pratunam
Ranked #88 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
singapore
“modern room, good service”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed in this hotel over the easter holiday, the hotel was opened last August so the room is relatively new and comfortable. The hotel staffs are friendly and service is good. However, bear in mind that the nearest sky train station is a good 10-15mins walk in dark street with dimmed street light off and on. It is located opposite the Platinum Fashion Mall which also means that traffic is horrendous. Most taxi drivers do not want to switch on meter. We had to pay 150 thai baht to go to Chinatown, double of normal fare, which is frustrating. If you plan to spend your time in Bangkok around Platinum, Central World and dont mind walking further to Siam Square or paying more fares to taxi drivers to take you elsewhere, then this hotel is recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I believe this is a newer hotel, but they give first class service. The rooms are very nice and the bed is very comfy, the view is adequate, and I believe we received a good deal for $80 a night. That rate couldn't make me happier, honestly, this hotel could charge much more for the quality of this place. The lobby looks like some lady gaga video with the all the walls protruding into shapes, its pretty cool. The breakfast isn't something to brag about, but it will fill you up for the mourning. The location is decent for walking around, as there are markets and malls in the vicinity, and the hotel is located on top of a mall which isn't to nice but does have places to eat if you need a quick bite. Central Mall is a great one to check out and its not that far, it can be reached by walking. The hotel also includes free wifi. Dont lose your room card as you need it to reach your specific floor with the elevator, and somebody else's card wont work unless they are on the same floor as you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 1 April 2013

on my busy day and urgent trip to Bangkok last minute for booking to this hotel all is complete very fast, when we are on the way and it is a bit late night we call to check them for keeping our reservation sound of staff seem to alert and help our feeling better that they will keep room for us.....when arrival great greeting on about midnight satff still awake and smile with fresh hospitality for us..all tried and weakness was gone.......and more comforatable is 24 food shop at ground floor help us again due to we missed our dinner..so we are too hungry....here...you can find 24 hours McDonald...good enough for those we have last minute plan

Room Tip: close to heart of Bangkok and many attraction area around
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Although Glow Pratunam Hotel is only a new hotel, the customer services they provide to their guests is definitely comparable to those four to five-star hotels in bangkok.
Their hotel staff are very friendly and approachable, including their housekeeping staff as well. You can see them wearing a smile everyday greeting guests and responding to guests' requests. The staff will always remember to remind us to be careful of our handbags whenever we shop in the crowded places. Special Thanks to the Duty Manager, Mr BenQ for his friendly assistance in providing us details on where to shop, eat etc. He is indeed very knowledgable.
Hotel rooms are very spacious and clean. Their beds and pillows are soft and comfortable.
Limited choice for Breakfast buffet spread but the food is delicious. Good accessibility to pratunam whoelsale market and other whole shopping malls eg. platinum fashion mall. Great and cheap food all around the area too.

I will definitely choose Glow Pratunam hotel as my choice of hotel for my next bangkok trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynnlow
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Great location (near all shopping centers) and great value for money - 80 EUR gives you high-class >10 floor room with beautiful view, also including breakfast and pool access. Gym is not sufficiently air conditioned. Service at the reception top quality.
Beware of the travel agent at the reception - he is a crook! Do not let him invite you to any travel agency to arrange anything for you!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Glow is a vibrant modern hotel situated in the hub of the shopping area. Platinum is almost opposite the hotel. There is a weekend market outside Platinum. Central World is a 10 minute walk and Siam Paragon a little further down.One can reach the Patpong night market by BTS, however the station is a little far (near Siam). MBK is a 100 baht cab ride away. And the hotel itself is in a mall.The hotel's rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. (although i cant say that for the extra bed). Vegetarians will find the breakfast a bit of a problem (not much choice). Staff is friendly and efficient. All in all, it was money's worth. I will certainly recommend it.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mansi_24
Singapore
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I was offered by my travel agent to try Glow Pratunam hotel, and after reading the reviews here, I decided to try it out. After staying for 4 nights, I find it to be average...

What's good about the hotel is that the staff are friendly, which goes a long way for them. The staff also gave themselves names, like I was greeted by the duty manager named BENQ, ushered to my breakfast table by BELLE, and another day by PINGPONG, and had my eggs done by PIGLET. I think it is something they do to help guests remember them better.

The hotel also has good security, with someone at the ground floor all the time, as the hotel lobby is on the 7th floor. The keycard will only allow you to access the floor that your room is on.

The hotel is located opposite Platinum mall, which is great if you are going to spend lost of time there. The hotel is also situated above the Shibuya 19 fashion mall, where there are 5 floors of fashion outlets and the 6th floor being a food court. At the ground floor, there is a Starbucks and McDonalds.

However, for a hotel that was opened in 2012 (which is about 1 year old as I write this review), there are areas that they certainly need to look into.
- The toilet water was whitish murky when I entered the room. I had to flush it away.
- The room used laminated wood flooring, and there was a big stain on it.
- The lift and common area carpets were stained.
- I killed a baby cockroach about 1 cm in size in the room table.
- Some of the built in furniture in the room looked worn.
For such a new hotel, I believe they have to look at their housekeeping and cleaning department.

When I was there, the aircon was way too cold and felt like I was in a meat freezer. After one night, I told the staff and they had a man change the console, but it was still very cold when I set the temperature to 32 degrees celcius and low fan. I believe they had other complaints about the aircon, and only on the 4th night was it fixed.

TV Channels
This hotel's TV channels is not fantastic. Though they boast of cable, there were no movie channels. I have stayed in hotels where they had a DVD player in each room, and if the hotel had DVD players, it would be a great plus point for them.

Breakfast
The breakfast spread was not great and nothing to shout about. The quality of the breakfast food was not really good too. I would say that the good things they had for breakfast was the egg station and some fresh fruits.

Location / Transport
Glow is situated along a very busy road. Sometimes, taxis may not want to go there because of the traffic jams. To get to the nearest train station, it takes about 15 minutes to the Ratchathewi BTS Station. The other station would be to walk through Central World to Siam BTS Station. I do not mind walking, but when coming back at night from the Ratchathewi Station, you will have to walk along darken streets.

Wardrobe / Bathroom
The wardrobe is built as a partition between the bathroom and the bedroom. It is a good idea as you can access your clothes both from the bathroom and the bed room. However, there are no locks on either side of the wardrobe, and that would make privacy of using the bathroom an issue for some. Also, it was strange that the shower area was using a cool white light while the rest of the room and bathroom was using warm lighting. I do not know if it was done by design, or that the bulb was changed wrongly to a cool white light.

Sleep Quality
This is a personal preference here, and I prefer to sleep on a hard bed with firm pillows. The bed was soft but still acceptable, but the pillows were way to soft for me. I asked for firm pillows, but they had none, so I had to add towels to make things firmer.

Personally, I would not go back to this hotel for the price I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple