“Great stay”

Ranked #88 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great stay”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We chose this hotel, since our visit to Bangkok was purely for shopping. the postion is excellent, accross the road from Platinum mall and Panthip plaza.
Breakfasts were great and our lunch around the pool was wonderful

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mooks221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My three galpals and I had a wonderful stay at Glow Pratunam.

I actually stayed at Glow Silom last May and when I realised they had a branch in Pratunam, right across from Platinum Fashion Mall, I told my friends that we had to stay there!

Like the Silom branch, the hotel was extremely neat and spacious. Though we had three beds in the room, we still had space for each of us to lay out our bags, and walk around the room. The wardrobe also connects on the other end to the bathroom, so you could always grab clothes hanging in the wardrobe after your shower.

Beds were really comfy, bathrobes provided, and so were toothbrushes and toothpaste. Soap and Shampoo could also be dispensed from the large bottles of it in the shower and in the sink.

Location is prime - right across Platinum Mall, just an overhead bridge away, 2 min walk away from the famed wanton mee on Soi 19, night markets all around, short walk to Central World Shopping Centre. Walk to Ratchathewi BTS on the Sukhumvit line was rather far though, about a 10 minute walk.

The riots didn't affect our trip though we were there in the throes of the riot.

Staff were also extremely pleasant. We could check in early though we didn't request for this earlier, and staff always told us to beware of our belongings before we left. They also don't hang around you waiting for tips, which I really loved!

Pool was on the 8th floor, and there's a gym there too, but the treadmill could be in a better place IMO! way too hot for sustained running with the sun in your face.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank littleteacosies
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a bit of a conundrum for my stay in Bangkok. I added on a few days after a group trip and spent my time in Phuket. I was scheduled to return home first thing in the morning on January 1st, which meant I would need to spend New Year's Eve in Bangkok. There were several challenges I faced: 1) New Year's Eve is a busy time for the city and it wasn't uncommon to learn many of the hotels were completely booked, 2) standard rates were inflated, and 3) some hotels make it mandatory for guests to purchase an expensive New Year's Eve dinner or celebration package regardless of whether they wanted to attend or not.

I had a set budget, which was low given high demand. Almost all of the locations I found within my price range did not get glowing reviews at all. The common complaint was that the hotels were filthy and may even have had a cockroach infestation. I came across Glow Pratunam while searching online and the reviews seemed genuinely positive. I decided to ring in the New Year there.

Pros: #1 The staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful. When your taxi brings you to the building there is someone on the street level to welcome you and take your luggage. They then tag your luggage and inform you that everything will be sent directly to your room later. #2 There is free WiFi both in the lobby and in your room. #3 The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. #4 I loved the bathroom. There is even one of those "silent shut" toilets where all you do is pull the lid closed and it lowers itself softly at the end. The result is a quiet closing where you don't hear the toilet lid slam shut. #5 The bed was incredibly soft and luxurious. Just about every single bed I slept on throughout my trip was hard and felt like sleeping on concrete. The Glow mattress was plush and felt like a warm hug. I was sorry that I only had three hours of sleep in it. #6 The hotel left a cute NYE package on my bed. It came complete with a mask, crown, noisemaker and small festive items to ring in the New Year.

Cons: #1 The hotel is located several floors above a mall and you may have to navigate through a crowd when coming and leaving. #2 Unless you have eyes like a hawk it can be easy to completely drive past the hotel. There are signs but the signs blend in somewhat easily with the other competing signs for all of the stores in the mall. Look out for a McDonald's and you will know you have gotten to the right location.

Recommendations: #1 If you decide to walk around, be sure to take all of your valuables and anything you need out of your luggage before you leave. Your luggage may not be delivered to your room until later in the day. #2 If you contact the hotel directly and they tell you they are sold out, don't be afraid to check other hotel booking sites such as hotels.com.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank appetite4trvl
Purcellville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a very western hotel with good service, but we were disappointed by the cleanliness of the room given the cost. Still though - we had a great view of Bangkok and the staff is very friendly. If you are into the knock-off shopping, this is a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My friends and I visited Glow last September and we got the triple sharing room. It was a comfortable room where they put 3 huge single sized beds in. The toilet was clean and spacious. It was a short 10 minutes walk from the airport-city link. The staff were very helpful and took good care of us. There was something wrong with our lights and the technicians were quick to respond to our calls. The bell boy made sure that we got into cabs that travel by meter. Kudos to Glow!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank liSalicious
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

In a tour of Thailand which covered North, South, East and West, this was by far the most comfortable and best hotel I stayed in. It was the most expensive (£70 a night) but was easily worth it. Polite staff on entry, a brilliant comfortable room more then big enough for 3 travellers, a nice swimming pool area. Did not try the food, but it looked reasonable. A friend got ill on another part of the trip, so returned to Bangkok to stay here in comfort until he got better. would highly recommend it. Is above a shopping area which include a Starbucks and McDonald's and is within a 5 minute walk of the Central World Plaza.

Only negative is the distance from Khao San Road, however, we went their at the end of the holiday and stayed closer. Ideal for a 1/2 night stay after a long flight before continuing your holiday.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

if you need or want to be in pratunam (for shopping?), glow pratunam is your best choice!

from the moment we arrived, the bell boy taking care of our luggage and welcoming us, directing us to the elevators (hotel lobby is on level 7 of shibuya mall), served tea while waiting for them to sort out the rooms, the entire check in experience is first class.

rooms are large and well designed. really liked the closet connecting bathroom and bedroom. they gave us plenty of bottled water (4 per day, 2 in the fridge). and all the usual toiletries you need. bed was comfy and pillows adequate. not much of a view from our windows facing west, but you can still see a view of bangkok whichever room you get since we are right in the middle of the city in a tall building. we did not try the pool or sauna but it looked very good (on level 8).

the area is known for bargain shopping, for clothing and bags etc. we found that pratunam markets were a little hard to navigate and too crowded for comfort. so we ended up buying most of our stuff at platinum mall (5 mins away). you can also cross the river and get to the central world, siam paragon, even mbk (but that would be a 30 mins walk). the only inconvenience is really the lack of public transit (bts skytrain). for airport transfer, if you only have a small luggage, you can still take the airport train to phaya thai or ratchaparok station and take a taxi from there.

tip: meter taxis are hard to find here. unless you are fluent in thai? so get the hotel bell boy to flag one down for you and insist on meter fare. no tuk tuks, unless you are into the experience of course. even then, once is enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple