“Clean , New , a little far from BTS”
Review of GLOW Pratunam

GLOW Pratunam
Ranked #87 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed in Glow Pratunam for 4 nights. (during songkran period). Room was clean and spacious. Value for price in comparison to nearby hotels. (eg: Grand Diamond) Staffs were friendly and able to converse well in English. One road across to platinum mall (5 mins walk away). BTS is about 12 mins walk away, not too far but may be a hassle if its raining. Taxis in BKK are easily available if BTS is not an option. 24 hours Macdonalds right below hotel. quite a number of choices for Breakfast. As the hotel lobby is on the 7th floor of Shibuya building, some taxi driver may not know the place. The trick is to tell taxi driver opposite platinum mall or Shibuya.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently went on a leisure tour with my Family of 3 during 27-29 March and had a good time staying with Glow Pratunam.

Some of the positives from the stay include the following:
- Seamless check in and out
- Room is spacious with compact and well-designed furniture without compromising the needy amenities
- View from my room is glorious
- Always smiling, polite and helpful staffs who makes you feel welcome at anytime
- It's located conveniently diagonally opposite Platinum Mail which is one of my Family's favorite shopping area and also easily accessible to some of the biggest mails in the vicinity; it's also a short walk to Pratunam Market
- Massage centre is just 1 floor below the receptionist which is convenient for us to ease our 'pains' from all the shopping; the pricing is very affordable and they are professional too
- Facilities are really new and seems decent (gym, swimming pool and etc) though I didn't quite get to utilize them during my stay

As for the 1 negative I have to mention which surprisingly turned into a positive aspect of the Hotel, days after I returned from the trip was the 1 email i received from their Manager -

I had previously wrote that as a small con (on Expedia which I booked my stay with), the Lift ventilation should be look into as its emitting really warm air. Days after my review was posted, the Manager wrote a personal email to me and thank me for the feedback which he will look into the issue with the maintenance engineer. I must say I am pleasantly surprised at receiving that personalized email as not many Hotels take such remark seriously since it's not directly relative to the Hotel facilities.

For the above, this Hotel and her staffs is sur.e earn many return trips from me in the near future and I be sure to recommend this Hotel to my friends and families when they are planning trips to Bangkok

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne L
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is my first visit in Bangkok, so i was being recommended by my fren to stay in Glow Pratunam Hotel. Strategically located at the central of the city, easy find and reach. i stayed at Glow Hotel for 4 days n 3nights during the songkram festival n it was totally comfort like home becos of the super friendly staffs and ambiences of the hotel. I m really appreciated for the help of the front desk staff that generously guide us to the point that we wanted to visit. The limo service at Glow hotel oso provided a good services from airport to hotel as well as the private limo service to the attractions. A great thanks to the staff at Glow Pratunam Hotel again for the excellent services during my stays at Bangkok. See u all again for my next visit:))

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've always stayed at Pratunum everytime I visited BKK. The last time I went, which is in Jan this year, I saw Glow and I made it a point to check out the hotel, and I wasn't disappointed.

I believe it qualifies as an excellent 4-star hotel with the friendly staffs, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and a great view. The bed is so comfortable, I had a hard time choosing to stay in bed the whole day or to go shopping. Haha.

The location is fantastic too. Platinum mall is just opposite and the pratunum wholesale market is just round the corner. Food choices are in abundance as well.

The spa and massage at the hotel is also decent. Not a lot of choices and I believe you can get better price elsewhere. Not an issue to us at all.

I will be visiting BKK again soon. This hotel is definitely on my list of favourite places to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My trip to Thailand from 7-11 Apr with first night in Glow Pratunam, second night in Pullman hotel Pattaya and the rest in Ibis hotel Siam. My memory for the hotel stay only stay at Glow Pratunam. What is there to say? Comfort bedding, full toilet amenities, friendly staffs, good shopping area.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank godblessyou23
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It was my first trip to Thailand so I basically wanted to avoid the worst hippie-traveler kind of places and wanted to have even a bit of luxury during my stay. I was traveling with a reasonable budget so I didn't want to pay for golden faucets etc.
For this kind of traveling, Glow Pratunam was an excellent hotel. The staff was kind and courteous, the prices were reasonable and the facilities (pool, gym, shopping mall, restaurant etc) were great too. First of all the lobby was beautiful and modern and everything in the hotel seemed to be new. The rooms were quite big and everything seemed to work great.

Most of the time we travelled by skytrain. The station was something around half a kilometer from the hotel and it was easy to take a tuk tuk too as the traffic around the hotel was absolutely insane. We were able to walk around a couple of kilometers from the hotel but it was too warm outside so basically we took taxis and tuk tuks to get around the neighbourhood. The staff even called us a taxi (a nice old man who left his card when we arrived to Thailand) when we left to the airport. Some drivers weren't too eager to drive during the afternoon traffic jams...

All in all, Glow Pratunam was an excellent hotel and whenever I'm gonna visit Thailand again (hopefully soon), I'm staying there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The A/C is a bit hard to get used to at first but when you get it ajudsted...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Henrik H
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was the second time I've stayed at Glow (the first time was in Silom) and again I wasn't disappointed. The room was large, the bed soft and super-comfy and the view (over the city) magnificent. The bathroom was very modern and it was all spotlessly clean. The only negative was that the AC was a bit noisy, but it didn't disturb my sleep. There was no noise from the road in my room either.
The (small) rooftop pool is gorgeous, with very comfortable sunloungers and towels provided. An oasis amongst the towers! i didn't have breakfast as the hotel is very central and in the middle of the shopping district, so there are lots of places on the doorstep. There are many major shopping malls around the hotel, as well as a street market. It's a great place for shoppers and very central.
The entrance isn't on the roadside as it appears, but just round the corner. The hotel is on the 7th floor. On this floor there is also an area where you can have a massage (communal), in English terms it's quite cheap, but be warned, Thai massages can be quite painful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo