“Great hostel, most amazing staff!!!”
Review of Pridi Hostel

and 1 more site!
Pridi Hostel
Ranked #145 of 1,245 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Vienna, Austria
“Great hostel, most amazing staff!!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed in Pridi at the beginning of our travels through southeast-asia and were absolutely amazed. Expecting the basic, run-down kind of hostel one is used to when travelling on a low budget we came here with little to no expectations only to find this little jewel of a guesthouse here in Sukhumvit. Everything is nicely designed, brand new and perfectly clean. The fact that it actually IS a little bit far from the center - 20 min by Skytrain - is not really a problem because you´ll get to see another side of Bangkok away from the tourist places and it is great if you get into town on a late flight, as it is easily accessible from Suvarnambhumi airport.

The owners of the business are absolutely great people that REALLY REALLY REALLY care about their guests and go out of their way to help you around town and give you tips about everything from cultural differences to how to save money and get around town very cheap on public transportation, with songthaews etc (Best thing they told us: store your luggage for free in one of the big supermarkets/malls - pretend to buy something and use the lockers provided for customers - for free and guaranteed safe).

The breakfast they serve is nice but small - but hey, it´s free, and it´s all day - so there´s another big bonus!!!

Room Tip: The doubles are really nice! On the inside of the building with no windows, what means no street noi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bentravelingtheworld

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at Pridi Hostel in April of 2013 and I was extremely impressed. The hostel does not feel like a hostel, but more like a home. Though not in downtown Bangkok, the fact that it is a little bit out of the way is actually quite refreshing, as not only are you closer to the airport, but you can also keep things a little quieter at night after a long day of hustle and bustle.
The brother and sister who own Pridi Hostel are two of the most friendly and helpful people I've ever met in my life. They are determined to make your stay in Thailand and enjoyable and comfortable as possible, and they will go the extra mile to make sure you're well informed of things to do in Bangkok as well as the best and cheapest ways to get where you want to be. Additionally, they serve a small breakfast in the morning free of charge!
The design of Pridi Hostel is tastefully done, and there is even a lounge with leather sofas, a flat screen tv, and a computer for you to relax at the end of a long day. Additionally, each room is equipped with a highly-effective air conditioner, an absolute must in Thailand's intense heat and humidity.
I would definitely recommend Pridi Hostel to anybody looking for a place to stay in Bangkok. Comfortable, affordable, and unparalleled service.

Room Tip: -Bring ear plugs if you get woken easily. The streets of Bangkok are very noisy at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JWoods92
Siem Reap
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at Pridi for about three weeks and was very pleased with my stay. The owners are wonderful people and extremely nice to talk with. They are fluent in English, and have a lot of knowledge with regards to various tourist destinations and the local area.

The hostel itself is well cared for and clean. The rooms are quiet and there are onsite snacks and drinks if you get hungry. Also, it is close to the airport, so if you have a late night flight, or just need to reorganize after a long trip; Pridi will give you the respite you need!

Perhaps my only warning is that its location is outside the central tourist area. However, it's a quick jaunt up the road to the skytrain (BTS), and from there you can get to where ever you want quite easily. Personally, I really liked the location as it felt more like an authentic Bangkok experience (plus I could walk down the streets without constantly being hounded to buy a suit or hop in a tuq tuq).

Overall, I would gladly recommend Pridi Hostel to friends and family!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SEAexplorer53
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I started my travelling in Southeast Asia in Bangkok and I stayed in Pridi Hostel. I was travelling with 2 friends and we didn't know anything about Bangkok so this place provided everyhting we needed. Staff was really friendly and spent a lot of time giving us some tips about the city and even arranging taxis to and from the airport and Cambodia.
The rooms were quite basic but very clean and confortable and as well as the bathrooms that we really big. The location is not ideal (30 min from the temples and kao son road) but on the other hand if you want to experience where the locals of BAngkok live, the location is perfect. You don't see that many tourists there and it's much cheaper than the rest of Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Quityourjobbuyticket
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 December 2012

A friend and I originally booked only two nights at Pridi- thinking I would want to move closer to the center, but we ended up staying there for all six nights! The owners are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about all things Bangkok. We would sit and talk with them for hours, and every morning she gave us ideas of what to do. There is also a nice little room with a couch, TV, and free internet- we spent a lot of time relaxing there. The beds are also very comfortable and the bathrooms kept impeccably clean. My favorite part is that the first day I was there I realized that I had left my credit card at the airport bank- the owner immediately called the bank for me, spent close to an hour arguing with the man telling him to look for and not to destroy my card, and sent me on my way back to pick it up. Just one example of how they go above and beyond. EXTREMELY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ssl332
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I've stayed in hostels all around Europe and Southeast Asia, and this is by far my favorite one. The brother and sister that own the hostel are incredibly kind, welcoming, and extremely knowledgeable about the city and how to get to and from other destinations. They go over the top to help out anyway they can, the customer service is excellent. The rooms are extremely clean. The hostel is a little way out of the city center, but it's extremely easy to get to and from with public transit. It's actually nicer than staying in the center since it is less touristy and you have more interaction with locals and more options of local food and stores. I have come back and will keep doing so every time I stay in bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Gboden87
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Great customer service the owner and receptionist went over the top to help us planning our stay in Bangkok. Clean rooms and decoration. Rooms are modern and everything is brand new. Breakfast included and family attention made our stay very special. Walking distance to stores. A little far from main attractions but well connected to mains of transport and airport.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple