“Good food!”

Description: It is very close to the BTS Asok and MRT Sukhumvit
Penang, Malaysia
“Good food!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The food is really good. Lovely atmosphere. Friendly staff speaking English.
A few dishes contain onion & garlic, but they are indicated in the menu. Just avoid them if you are a Buddhist vegetarian.
It was a pleasant experience. Love the yellow curry and the fried chicken with spicy sauce. They serve vegan ice-cream too! Will visit it when we go Bangkok again.
It would be better if the price can be lower though.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JessieLimWeiSin

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Canberra
“Wonderful vegan food and amazing vegan icecream”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely menu of good quality and delicious vegetarian/ vegan food. Loved all of it. And the vegan icecream is awesome. The mocha was my daily special. Friendly helpful staff and nice clean restaurant. Would recommend it to anyone. They ahve quite a few dishes of fake meat which might appeal to non-vegetarians but I prefer my food to not look like meat. Plenty of tofu options though. The vege burger with fries rocks.

Mississauga
“So glad we found it!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We love vegetarian and vegan cuisine and it was with great pleasure that we found May Veggie Home. The restaurant is new and quite large with many tables and we went on an off hour so there weren't many people but we were pleasantly surprised with the food. It came out quickly, was very flavourful, and there was a wide variety of things to choose from on the menu all vegan options with traditional Thai dishes! We have been back three days in a row now for either lunch or dinner and we will be back again tomorrow before we leave Bangkok to try new things on the menu. The coconut ice cream and 'steak' burger are our favourites so far. The prices are reasonable. The food is great. The place is neat and clean. The staff are friendly and even danced with us before we left last night. Definitely go have a nice home cooked veg meal while you are in Bangkok, you won't be disappointed.

Bangkok, Thailand
“New look & great choice of dishes”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I visited this vegetarian restaurant twice lately. They used to be at Thong Lo. They have now moved to Asok/Sukhumvit intersection on Ratchadaphisek. They occupy a much larger space. Their card offers many choices of food & drink. I like their curries best. Their Mint Lime Juice is great. Prices are reasonable although Vegetarian restaurants tend to be more expensive than others.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“After high hopes such a disappointment.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After much searching I finally found May Veggie further down Soi 16 than I expected. The restaurant was clean but a little empty for a Tuesday lunchtime, I ordered the Fried Shitake Mushroom Spring Rolls with Tamarind Sauce starter and as a main an Oyngi Mushroom Massaman Curry with Rice, for a drink I ordered a Lemonade Mint Leaf.

The drink arrived first and was very refreshing but a tad strong on the mint. The starter and main arrived at the same time which seems to be the Thai way as I have had this happen many times before. The 4 spring rolls were a little over cooked but OK, unfortuneately I was unable to find any evidence of shitake mushrooms in them, they were just like any other spring roll! The Oyngi Mushroom Massaman Curry was quite unlike any massaman curry I have ever seen and instead of oyngi mushrooms it had tofu, looking at the dish it appeared to be something completely different to what I had ordered, green beans, leaves, carrot slices etc with a sauce at the bottom, I took it back to the counter and said it was the wrong dish, the waiter checked his order and showed me that he ordered the massaman for me, I pointed out the lack of mushrooms and the excess of tofu, the dish was taken back and I was told the proper meal would be served soon. After about ten minutes a similar looking dish arrived this time with mushroom other than that it was the same. I am unsure what this meal was but it sure wasn't massaman curry as I know it or as it is shown on the various menus of May Veggie I have seen. I again returned it saying it was not satisfactory and asked for the bill. Although I said the massaman was not satisfactory I was still charged for it, bad PR

• Visited June 2014