“Non-existent Customer Service”

Ranked #286 of 670 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Non-existent Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I have yet to visit this place and I hope that I won't have to. I have written numerous emails and messages on Facebook to Loft 77 to cancel my booking with them and I have not received a word from them, not even an acknowledgement. In fact, I made the effort to call to ensure that the booking is cancelled and requested for a written confirmation and I have yet to receive anything!! It's been 2 weeks. This is very frustrating. I even noticed that they've removed my post on their Facebook page. The last thing I need is for my card to be charged because of some ignorant and irresponsible staffs!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brooksbankphoto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

We slept 2 nights in the loft77. The rooms are clean and big, the beds are very hard but that seems to be the standard here in Thailand.

We were in Bangkok waiting for our flight and already went to all major sights. So a hotel outside the center did not matter to us, but loft 77 is extremly far. The advertised 5 minutes to the sky train is more like 15-20 minutes depending on traffic and almost all taxi drivers refuse to take you on even if you show the map and instructions posted on their website.

If you plan on visiting any sights or do shopping do not stay here as it far outside the city. If you just need to wait a few days for your flight loft77 is a good choice.

Tip: from the hotel take a shared minivan on the street instead of a taxi. Cheaper and just as quick.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ManonChiel
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I was very very disappointed with choosing this hotel after all the amazing reviews. This was the final hotel of our stay in Thailand and I was hoping for a nice and economical hotel. This choice was the worst of my entire 3 week trip (4 other hotels).

Location: horrifically inconvenient and not close to anything of interest unless you want to be near homeless people sleeping in the streets (there were plenty). They advertise this place as near airport. I guess a 25 minute taxi ride (with no traffic) is considered near the airport to their standards.

Rooms: clean and meager is the best way to describe it. I wasn't expecting a 4 or 5 star resort but I do expect an actual mattress on the bed. This place gives you a box spring with a 2 inch pad covering it. Yup, that's your bed, try having a good nights rest by sleeping basically on wood.

Service: when asked about a good dinner option, the front desk suggested 7 11. We had a room with breakfast package. Never received our breakfast because it starts at 7. When asked if we can have something prepared 30 minutes earlier since we had a flight to catch we were told no.we asked to call for a metered taxi and the front desk again refused and wold only offer their private taxi option for 1000 baht. We got our own metered cab that cost us 130 baht.

This place is not worth even at the low price they may offer. Too many better options. I feel everyone who has reviewed this hotel before me must have very low standards. I personally would prefer to sleep in a car next time instead of this place.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MarcinoG

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Hey all..

if i want to say about loft in simple terms - its "Superb."
Awesome services by Bay,Annie and Boom.. u guys are wonderful..
Luv u guys..

The hotel is clear like crystal and looks brand new..infact its NEW.

Cost wise- cheap..

Location - great.

What else you look for..

We got all info about the whereabouts in bkk.

I would definitely recommend all of you to try this.

If someone from India, planning to go - we have a hindi speaking indian in next door(shop)

What else!!!!

Explore BKK.

regds,
Raghu-chennai - 9894572567

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank triptobangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The good:
1) quite (we were on the 5th floor)
2) very clean
3) excellent security (security guard was really nice too :))
4) nice sized rooms

The not so good:
1) location to explore Bangkok is awful (15 mins to BTS by bhat bus, allow at least 30 mins if heavy traffic).
2) Some staff simply gave the impression all they wanted was money out of us.

1st example: I cut myself shaving and had a small amount of blood on the towel (5 or 6 small blood spots). They wanted 200 bhat to wash ONE towel. When we say no way the lady backed down and said ok. When checking out the following day, they again said it was 200 bhat to wash it. Again we said no way, and spoke to the manager on the telephone. He said “They make no money on it as that is what they are charged (yeah right!!!) and if we don't pay it, it will come out of the staffs wages.” When I told him again no way we will pay 200 bhat to wash one towel, instead we will either give them some money towards it or we will go buy him a new towel as it would be cheaper, he hung up on us. Ridiculous behaviour from a so called manager.

2nd example: Before the towel incident, we asked them to book a bus to Chiang Mai for us. They wanted 1250 bhat per person. When we said no, they came back with a counter offer of 900 bhat. When we said no again the previously friendly receptionist simply put the phone down on us after mumbling “fine”. We went to Mo Chit station direct and got a ticket for less than 600 bhat per person on an excellent bus. I'm happy to pay some money extra for a ticket when booked through a hotel as its only fair but double the price?? Forget it.

Overall 900 bhat for a double room with A/C & breakfast is a really good price for this standard of hotel in Bangkok, but I wouldn't stay here again if I was offered a million bhat (mind you I could buy them some new towels I guess!) due to the extraordinary behaviour of some of the staff (I must stress some of the staff were lovely) and the location.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank melbourne1973
navapan, Owner at Loft 77 Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
1. The location is definitely 10-15 minutes to the BTS Skytrain Onnut depending on traffic.

For the towel incident, We have house rules policy at our hotel that if guest/s damages any of the items or property there will agree to pay the damage cost which we have put up a sign on top of the safety deposit box.

We do not sell tour but we recommend our client if they have trouble booking it or would like everything done convenincely. Certainly the price would be higher due to the tour company we have to take responsible for guest/s

We would like to apologies for any misunderstandings or any other inconveniences that may have concern you.

We want to revise our review

We have some question that guest who review this but he still come back to vote this review again by himself and give rate poor for us which same people can give only one review
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is a very nice hotel. A great new place to stay with nice rooms and a very friendly staff. Bedrooms are spacious and bright. There is a safety deposit in the room. I recommend this place and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DerkF
navapan, Owner at Loft 77 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thanks for the great comments. We are delighted to hear from you. It’s great to see that you rate us on Trip Advisor that’s put us on top of the ranked b&b. So thank you my friend for the time to recommend us Now we have so many guests that have read the comments from the previous stay and have made a lot of booking for the upcoming dates. We will keep on developing and update our latest news, special promotion and improving the hotel for the future. We hope to see you again on your next visits. Thank you and See you soon!
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Though this hotel is situated a bit far from the centre of Bangkok,it is a small,neat, well kept hotel, cozy in its look and feel.The staff is friendly and very helpful and thanks to their help, we could get around the city very well.Since the hotel is new, the taxis were unfamiliar and we had to show the address given by the hotel staff for the way back.A small cafe is attached to the hotel where you can get breakfast and lunch.The rooms are neat and clean and the bathrooms too.You may encounter small bouts of mosquitoes around but thats a small thing compared to other good things in this hotel.The hotel is situated near On Nut sky train station so getting to the city is not quite a problem.Vegetarians may find it a bit difficult since neither the hotel nor restaurants around offer anything vegetarian.Overall I liked this hotel and would recommend to others too.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple