“Horrible service and hospitality, Nice apartment But still NOT RECOMMENDED AT AL!!”

GM Serviced Apartment
Ranked #472 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Haifa
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Hotel is brand new and beautiful, with a pool, saunas, gym, but that doesn't compromise the horrible service and attitude we got from the hotel workers. It was bizarre for me that for such a luxurious hotel, the management hired workers with little to none experience. All the workers from the receptionist to the room attendants were unpleasant, inpatient, antipathetic, and with a severe lack of a "warm attitude" as you expect to get from a tourist's heaven like Thailand.

They treated us horribly. firstly, the Indian receptionists were no help to us at all (they couldn't even confirm our flight, not to mention the elaborated task of giving us extra blanket with a sheet cover - which only took them 2 days to fulfill). they could barely tell us general information about the area we were staying at. Secondly, they didn't give us the type of room we had precisely ordered - 2 room apartment with a double bed and 2 single beds. instead, we got 2 double beds which was very inconvenient to us. though he promised to move us to a different room, it was all lies because he didn't intend to do it at the first place

At the check out, we paid with cash (dollars). 500$ and 50 baht, was the price after a thorough call the receptionist had with his bank, because he was worried about the exchange rate and wanted to be sure he does not lose even a single baht on us. Ok that is legitimate and we had no problem with that. We have paid the full price and got a receipt. a few hours later, when we returned to claim our luggage back and load it to our taxi, the "so called" accountant of the hotel demanded an additional 100 baht and threatened us that he will not give us our luggage if we don't pay him this instant, though we have already checked out and got a receipt. I told him that I have already spent all my bahts except the taxi fair because I was leaving that day, and if he had told me that earlier i would have gladly paid him, but he didn't care and kept insisting and threatening us with his poor English. I had to walk to the supermarket and cancle some groceries I had bought earlier for the ride, while my family was waiting in the lobby with these hideous men.
we didn't really care about the 100 baht, but the way they treated us and the stress I had to deal with at the end of my vacation because of my baht shortage (I had dollars but he wouldn't accept them for some reason) was far too much even for a humble tourist like me.

Because all of that, I highly recommend you to stay away from this hotel, Terrible service that doesn't worth your precious holiday days.

Room Tip: None, because you are not going to get what you have ordered anyways.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank rakefet s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Never stayed in a serviced apartment before so no idea what to expect. I loved everything: swimming pool, gym, sauna, breakfast (but only ate eggs and drank coffee - both good). Staff all super helpful and friendly. Beds very comfortable, water, coffee, tea, biscuits all replaced every day along with towels and sheets, shampoos, soap, washing up liquid all provided. Well equipped kitchen with washer and dryer. Got a balcony off the kitchen. Several of us stayed so I can tell you that Wifi worked on 9th floor but not on 24th but 2 computers for clients use in reception. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank panama27
Limerick
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Great new apartment style hotel, in a good location near plenty of bars and restaurants yet at the end of the Soi so is quiet. Walking distance to Asok BTS, about 10 mins or so. Very handy if you want to cook something as has fully equipped kitchenette. Has televisions in both the bedroom and sitting room with plenty of English channels. Lovely pool but has limited number of sunbeds (6 when we were there) though we never had to wait too long before one became available. Breakfast was fine, eggs cooked to order but could be improved for vegetarians. Staff very helpful and friendly, provided us with a welcome drink of water and presented us with a gift of two cushion covers when leaving as a New Year gift. Would have no hesitation in staying here again at current rates.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rodge1968
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The building is almost brand new. Nice and comfortable entrance and reception area. Tastefully furnished apartment, equipped with flat screen TVs, DVD player, modern kitchen and washing machine plus dryer.

Cozy pool area, but closely surrounded and overlooked by the neighboring buildings. I found it too crowded most of the time.

Service: Most staff seem to have little or no experience in the hospitality industry. I was particularly taken by surprise with the attitude of the reception staff: Three days in a row, my room was cleaned only in the late afternoon. On days two and three, I asked in the mornings to have my room cleaned earlier. It never worked. When I complained about it one day at 4pm, the Indian receptionist first asked me if I had switched on the “please make up room” light. Yes, I had. But even if I hadn’t, it should be enough that I asked his colleague in the morning to take care of it. He explained in a rather unfriendly tone that the cleaners were going to come later since they were doing other rooms first.

Cleanliness and housekeeping: Streaks and smear on glass doors, remains of cleaner fluid and dried water drops on water taps. Dishes and cutlery in the kitchen were not put back in the drawers or cabinets, but just left lying next to the sink – with stains and some food left on them (I uploaded some pictures so you can see everything for yourself). A kitchen towel or cleaning equipment was also not provided. One day a bottle of orange juice fell over in the fridge, but the housekeeping did not clean it. Things like complimentary instant coffee, sugar or cotton buds were not replaced and empty water bottles not removed, towels and a floor mat not exchanged and a bathroom not cleaned.

Breakfast is horrible. The small breakfast room looks like a school canteen. Two middle-aged Indian women are in charge of the food, and there is only one helper to clean the tables, which is not enough. Dirty dishes on most tables, and people lining up for a seat. Food didn’t look good, so I decided to have breakfast outside (for a good European or American style breakfast I recommend “Bei Otto”, which is just a 5 minute walk away, also on Soi 20).

On the last night the aircons all stopped functioning in the middle of the night. The electrical system in the room is anyway a bit crazy. When you insert the key card, all lights turn on and you have to turn them all off again separately in each room.

Like one of the previous reviewers already wrote, this property lacks professional management and is in danger of quickly deteriorating, because it is not taken care of properly. I also can’t imagine that many guests are willing to put up with the poor service that I experienced.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank GeniesserSaigon
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Firstly, the other reviewers are correct in saying that the building is new, the rooms are large, bright, modern etc and the property is great value from that perspective. My issue is that the employees here all seem to not really know what they are doing and as such over time the place will fall into disrepair. For example, despite being a new building we had issues with drainage in the shower (it was clogged with previous tennants hair etc.) which resulted in a bad smell in the bathroom as well. The airconditioner stopped working because the filter was clogged. These are things that wouldn't go wrong in a 5-star establishment because they would be checked. Also, the apartment is not really what I would call "serviced". There is no washing detergent for the washing or dishwashing machine, or for the sink. There are no washcloth's, dishtowels etc. When we asked the management for these things they told us to go buy them - not good enough.

To the owners/operators: It's hard to give great service if you yourself have never received great service. I suspect this is the issue with the staff here. Please spend a bit more money, bring in an experienced european/western hotel manager who can provide training and mentoring over the course of the next year because this could be a top 30 establishment in BKK with a bit of investment.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank PeterJForster
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I have travelled around the globe and cannot find anywhere as good as this apartment. The apartment is brand new and rooms are larger than hotels around the area.

We spend 5 nights and had a great time, will definitely be back again next year

• Stayed December 2012
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This place is extremely clean, new, great staff, great Tuk Tuk service and overall a great stay. I will put this place in the 5 stars. The swimming pool is clean and the lights are a great asset to make the place beautiful. We stayed there for 4 nights and every nite that we went to the swimming pool was empty! The breakfast is not that great but the decor of the rooms and the cleanliness makes it all worthy! I will recommend this hotel to any one that wants to have a quiet holiday. There are some restaurants around the area but at night gets a bit crowed..... over all excellent, one of the best places I've stayed in Thailand.

Room Tip: The studio is great for a couple, the 2 bedroom is huge seriously! and beautiful with oven and washi...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business