“Cute place, amazing owner!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Littlest Guesthouse
Ranked #178 of 1,241 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Cute place, amazing owner!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is cute, very small, boutique - no complaints there. Also, its location near public transport is great. The rooms are big and have balconies. Breakfast was great - and served in the room.

Ann (the owner) and her sister went totally out of their way to help me with directions, make sure I was comfortable and recommend things to do for my one day in Bangkok - they were great!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 3days 2 nights. I think this guesthouse very cute. The room is big, clean & have balcony. Very near to bts-sathorn & the owner very nice to us. The price per night is super cheap. Location was ok. Breakfast just nice. Def will stay there again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had seen a Trip Advisor post that Anne, the Littlest Guesthouse owner has some rooms for rent in nearby residence buildings. I called directly for more information about a very reasonably priced “little” room near the Littlest Guesthouse. Originally, I booked one of her Rooms in the Thai CC Residence for just 2 weeks. Actually I rebooked and was there more than a month (with a travel break in the middle. Why?

Value for Price, Great Location, Clean & Bright, Decent Shower and AC, Great Wifi.

The location is just behind the large modern Thai CC office building, at the BTS Surasak behind the Blue Elephant Restaurant and Cooking School. This small room (507) and bath is just as pictured. It has an end location and tiny balcony that gets the morning sun. There is great overhead lighting & the Ikea decor. This is a bright, clean, cheery room. The shower stall is separate from the toilet and has a curtain, decent pressure and hot water. The room has drawers and a closet armoire for your clothes. I unpacked and put my large suitcase in the top closet, out of the way. There is a nice refrigerator and a hot water pot. And a small table with 2 chairs, which I used as a desk. The drying rack was handy and the clothes I rinsed out in the bathroom sink would dry very quickly in on the porch in the morning sun. The tv does not have cable and the stations don’t come in very well. I didn’t need it, but that would improve this room if Anne can add that without having to raise her room price.

The Thai CC Residence building was friendly and fun to stay in (Thai immersion). There is a coffee, smoothie shop just outside, the Thai CC office building Food Court is steps away and offers all kinds of cheap food. I found Yoga for Life on the 25th Floor of the Thai CC Office Building and kept up my practice with great Indian Yoga teachers. Thank you Guru Dev and Jeff! There’s a convenient post office, ATM machines, office fax & printing shops and a 7/11 in the Thai CC office building lobby. There are street vendors on Sathorn Road around the BTS, and a you’ll find a Foodmart, Beauty Salon, and Flower shop right at the base of the BTS steps.

Anne has a few other rooms that cost a bit more than this one, in buildings with a pool and other amenities. She was very hospitable to offer me the use of the pool at one of the other locations but I didn’t go see it. I came to Bangkok to visit my son, daughter and little grandson (and they are members of the British Club; I had the pool there.) They were not far and I liked the location. I can’t imagine staying comfortably anywhere in a major city for under $50 a night, without renting an apartment by the month. I decided to try this (900 BT a night direct booking), to free up my budget for Bangkok lifestyle spending and was very happy with my stay. When I needed to rebook, and change things around, Anne went out of her way to move other booking locations to make this same room available to me for my last 18 days.

This room is great for a solo traveler, especially if you are staying for more than a few nights. I think it would be small for 2 people for a long stay, but adequate for a short visit if you are on a budget. If you are coming to Bangkok and looking to stay in the Sathorn Rd or Silom (Holiday Inn- Jewelry trade Center) area, contact Anne at the Littlest Guesthouse and she’ll find a good fit for your needs and budget! Thank you Anne. I hope to see you again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank photostoryteller
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have chosen Littlest guesthouse based on reviews on TA and location. On previous trips to BKK we stayed in different hotels but this time we wanted something different and guesthouse was a great choice. Conveniently located with less than a minute walk to Surasak BTS and hidden away from hustle and bustle of great city we found peaceful oasis. The only downside was mosquitos. We got bitten here more than in our 3weeks of travelling around the islands -in spite of mosquito repellant.
Since we were travelling with 2children and a friend and stayed only 2nights we just needed clean and big enough room and baby cot. We booked 2rooms (and got 1downstairs and 1upstairs) and both of them were big and clean, but must say the rooms upstairs are much better. The downstairs room was dark and it smelled but the upstairs was bright and smelled fresh, nice. The upstairs room had a balcony whereas the downstairs had no extra outdoor space. Breakfast was nice but nothing special.
There is a lady present 24/7 but she doesn't speak English (she makes breakfast and cleans up) and I think Anns sister (she is around most of the time)-she greeted us, helped with our questions and on our departure arranged us taxi to the airport.
Overall the guesthouse worked for us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dam123
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This guesthouse offers greats hospitality within a cosy homely environment.

Our room was really large and had 2 different areas: sleeping area and also a louge / living room area with couch, coffee table and desk (with good WIFI!). There's also a balcony with a table and chairs, nice to enjoy the outdoorsy feeling (downstairs there's more sitting in the garden area too, but the balcony is private and rather cosy).

The bathroom was equally spacious and very clean, nicely decorated with plants and with great hot shower.

I really enjoyed the breakfast that is served in-room (such a luxury!). We could choose between a mix of Western style and Thai breakfast. Although I enjoyed the western style breakfast (omelet and toast) I'd recommend the Thai breakfast (you're in Thailand after all!!), which is truly delicious: rice soup with meat and vegetables. The fresh fruits were always very good too.

The location is great to get around Bangkok: 1 minute walking from Surasak BTS and there's plenty of amenities around: a 24/7 convenience store, restaurants and plenty of street food vendors too!

Highly recommended place to spend some time in happening Bangkok, but within a serene (yet super central) environment!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The room was very clean, very large, beautiful and with a small terrace where you could not believe you were in the heart of Bangkok because you could enjoy a wonderful vegetation just opposite us.

The location is superb, just a few steps from the BTS, in one of the best neighborhoods in Bangkok's business district.

Furthermore, our host was incredibly friendly and nice. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Bangkok is busy, noisy, chaotic, crazy etc etc...so to stay at the hidden gem of the littlest guesthouse is a perfect relaxing end to a day out in the city that never sleeps!

Ann and her sister run the tiny white guesthouse tucked away down a alleyway behind a bigger hotel (king royal garden). The house is lovely, 3 big rooms, a little kitchen and an office. It also has a small court yard which is nice and private due to the plants and trees that surround it. We had the ground floor room, lovely decor, very large and with a fantastic huge shower room. However it was pretty noisy. We had a boiler/generator outside the room that did not shut up! It got very annoying. You can also hear the people above walking around.
Also a let down was the breakfast. The only option was eggs and toast. If your staying a few days it could get a bit dull.

I had broken my ankle before heading to Thailand and asked Ann via email if she could recommend a place that I may be able to hire a wheelchair, she was very helpful and hired one from the local hospital. It was waiting for us when we arrived. She was out of town but constantly in touch via email. She also sent the directions for the taxi which was very useful. Her sister was running the place but was never around during the day. The housekeeper/cleaner was always there but spoke NO english at all. This was a bit difficult at times when trying to explain things!

Its a lovely little place and in a great location for exploring the city.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room for less noise