“Night to remember :)”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown / Yaowarat
Description: Nang Gin Kui is a private guerrilla dining lounge at Bangkok's amazing River Front spoiling guests with a million dollar river view.We serve thai fusion full-course dinner set menus including flowing beverages and wine pairing on selected evenings. Please email us if you are looking for a truly one-of-a-kind experience for special dinners and events. ** Reservation ONLY **
Reviewed 4 June 2014

we started the night by meeting florian and the other guests at royal orchid hotel, it was a meet and greet dinner me and my girlfriend and two other couples. so it was us 2 from norway and 4 from the US. the Food was great, lots of fun things to eat which tasted really good. but the athmosphere we made during the night was excellent probably the best dining experience of our life. we came in as strangers went out in the end as good friends. it was the perfect match of people, and of course Florian really set the mood, he is a really good host. please Keep this at number one in TA:)

Stunning View as well, bring your camera it is a night to remember!! :)

1  Thank ThomasAntonsen

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Best Thai food ever. No doubt about that.

We ate here on one of the romantic evenings, just the two of us, on our honeymoon. There were quite a few staff in the kitchen including the main chef Goy and Florian was the perfect host.

The view from the window is wonderful, watching the boats going up and down. You eat the first few courses looking out of the window, tasting great and unique food. There are lots of courses, something for everyone to like, explore and devour!

The food is excellent. Many different courses with just about every ingredient you can think of matched together perfectly ranging from salads to tofu to curry.
Wine flows as much as you want to drink and the attention to service is spot on perfect.
I even got a gift of flowers.

This really is 3*Michelin style food, at a fraction of the price and is a must do in Bangkok.
Thanks Florian and Goy.

3  Thank Shelley14
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Highly recommended to expirience. Different than the usual restaturants.. Especially if you come accross other nice and funny customers in the same evening ;-))
Many courses / step menu, beautiful view, friendly host and accomodation. You will remember it!

4  Thank YanaPareva
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had dinner there with my wife a few months ago. Need to apologize for not writing earlier. The recent award brought Goy and Florian back to my mind. I do not need to repeat what dozens of others have written. The food is very good (not the best in Bangkok, but embedded in the whole package surely worth being called no. 1 in BKK), the "venue" (Goy's and Florian's apartment) interesting. It is a basic apartment in a basic building in a basic neighborhood, yet with spectacular view of the river and the whole area. The most amazing part was the kitchen, nothing more than an open area adjacent to the living/ dining area, with only a 2 heater electrical stove to cook a 12 course menu, that is, very obviously, rated no. 1 in BKK. The price is quite high, yet they buy fresh, in small quantities only the best ingredients, so surely very acceptable. It is almost a miracle what this kitchen can make (sorry, of course it should say what Goy & team can make). You are proof that you don't need fancy equipment, if you have heart and passion, that is just fine.

What makes this package so outstanding, is the sharp contrast between the basic environment (yet very "un- basic view") and the hosts Goy and Florian. I have never been treated with so much heart, never so genuine and never so overwhelmingly fantastic. The sharp contrasts are very confusing (meant very positively), probably the reason why I did not write before.

Imagine an architect by profession and (forgive me Goy for not remembering your original trade) at some stage tour guide in Austria, are preparing a 12 course meal in (forgive me again) nothing more than make shift kitchen, with the outcome of being rated no 1. A real miracle!

The whole experience is so "weird", so strange, so out of the ordinary, it is absolutely worth experiencing. Be prepared to sit on the floor at a traditional low Thai table (very uncomfortable for me, but no other table would fit into this picture).

If you were to write a book about the perfect hosts, or the perfect way of doing things in the service industry, then you would write a book about Goy and Florian. They are role models in this industry and I am surprised, I have not heard of them yet in a uni (the perfect business case) or seen them on TV.

I strongly advise everyone who wants to eat top home cooked food in the most welcoming environment, visit Goy and Florian!

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. The food was and view were absolutely breath taking. Great place to go and relax with friends and family.

2  Thank johnfranks99