“Excellent food, charming atmosphere, and wonderful hosts!”

Bonita Cafe and Social Club
Ranked #49 of 12,102 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Pure vegan cafe/restaurant, serving pure vegan western dishes, managed by pure vegan ultra-marathoner. Non fast food. Home-hand-heart-made slow soul food. (good for vegan people, good for vegetarian people, and good for all people.)
Reviewed 24 May 2014

After being vegan for over 5 years, I've had the opportunity to dine at many vegan restaurants, and my husband and I agree that this is probably the best vegan meal we have ever had. Just by chance we came across this place and were so excited, after being in Thailand for a week and not having any hearty, vegan meals at all. I ordered the Japanese curry, and Nick ordered the pizza. After devouring our entrees, we decided we couldnt resist, and we ordered the burger to share. Amazing, delicious, whole food! And for dessert....blueberry cheesecake. I know that cheesecake was better than the "real thing!" The atmosphere was cozy, and the two hosts were lovely, adding to the overall really wonderful experience. Wish I lived in Bangkok just to eat here again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went to this restaurant through happy cow and some excellent reviews. The menu was very small with quite a few items not available. The soup arrived after one of the main dishes and it wasn't that tasty either. The owner was so friendly and made us so welcome.

1  Thank Sharonfv
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The cutest, most delicious, vegan spot. Easily reached via public transit lines (important as I was on a layover in town). This place has character and an owner with a heart of gold. Come for lunch or dinner, it's super yummy. Food is Western style with some raw dishes (I had an epic sandwich and a delicious soup) .

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I like this place so much! The atmosphere is great with friendly staff.
The burger is good, but don't go for it in your first visit, especially if you are not vegan (with much more options). It's simple... so you could have not the best first impression.
I've been there several times and I had the japanese curry, pancake, pizza, sandwich, burger, cheesecake, chocolate mousse, latte... and I recommend it all! :)
Considering thai prices, I would say it's a little bit expensive. But for good vegan food, it's worth it.
Pictures and more about it in:

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was expecting the food at this place to blow my mind after reading the reviews here but I am sad to say that it`s nothing to brag about.
What I liked: the place is clean, the owner is friendly. They have what they call a little library where travelers can leave books. They promote veganism.
What`s lacking: food is good but there`s nothing that makes you say WOW! and with so many veg choices in Bangkok, I won`t be coming back. We ordered the club sanwich: regular sliced wheat bread, scrambled eggs, bacon, lettuce and lots of ketchup plus about 4 slices of fried potatoes; and the spaghetti in creamy tomatoe sauce: spaghetti and thick sauce. The texture of the sauce was good but again, missing the wow factor.
The portions are filling. Food plus 2 beers, 740 baht.

2  Thank WilmarieGG