“Sick Masseuse, Poor Technique, Didn't Feel Good”

The Touch Therapeutic massage
Ranked #31 of 455 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Chiang Rai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sick Masseuse, Poor Technique, Didn't Feel Good”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

First, my masseuse had a cold (or worse). Really, she shouldn't have been working when sick. Second, she wasn't that friendly (though this might have been because she was sick). Third and most important, this was not a pleasant traditional Thai massage. I know that Thai massage can sometimes be painful, but I've also experienced Thai massage that is intuitive, pleasurable, and relaxing. I couldn't relax at all with this woman, who kept stretching my legs into impossible positions. In fact, I left half-way through the massage, the first time I've ever done so in hundreds of massages. Granted, this center is big, so I could have just had the wrong person on the wrong day. Nevertheless, I can't recommend the place.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Metro Manila, Philippines
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Excellent Massage Great Value for Money”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this place for reasonably priced professional massage services. I have had thai, oil, and foot massages on different occassions and rate this place as one of the best based on the overall experience - highly recommend it if you are in the area.

Warsaw, Poland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best massage, that I ever had”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you want to go for Thai or relaxing massage you should definately go there. I took Thai massage and foot massage for 450 THB only. Girls are professionals !!!
Also the place is very nice and massages are taken in very good conditions. Light are dimmed, there's a relaxing musing played and you're separated from othe guests. Only foot massage is taken at ground level with the other guests.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank malan40
Sopot, Poland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“the best SPA in this area in Bangkok”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've been here a couple of times. The reason is that I was surprised because of the reasonable prices, service, atmosphere and the quality of the massage there.
I'm really recommend this place for excellent massage in Bangkok

Visited November 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 333 helpful votes
“Great Price / Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Massage establishments abound Bangkok thus a lot of research by my husband and me led us to The Touch Therapeutic Massage. We felt like we made the right decision as soon as we entered this establishment which is a short walk from many of the Wireless Road hotels and the Ploenchit BTS Skytrain station.
Though the lobby is very modest (“not super cozy”), one feels comfortable and safe here. We were warmly greeted by the receptionist. She handed us a book of options that included “Aromatherapy” (the art of using oils extracted from aromatic flowers, herbs, spices, woods and fibers to enhance health and beauty).
Our 90 minutes began upstairs with a one-hour couples’ massage. The room was not luxurious, but it was tastefully decorated, comfortable and clean. For the price, we were not expecting indoor waterfalls and gardens. If one wants that, they need to go to the five-star hotels and pay five-star prices for their services and ambience.
Both of our masseuses were wonderful and professional. They definitely knew what they were doing and were sensitive to our needs. My husband felt so much better after the massage as he felt his 31 hours of flying had disappeared with his therapy. In my case, I had a shoulder injury that my masseuse gently worked around and treated. She was so good that I tried to get her for another treatment, but she was off that day.
Our full body massages were followed by a 30-minute foot massage. This was down downstairs, in their lobby area. For some people, this may make them uncomfortable as it is done in a public area. From our foot reflexology experiences in Southeast Asia, the location is quite normal. The session started with soaking our feet. A gentle, but rewarding massage followed.
We have had massages in various parts of the world, and ours were some of the better ones we had – especially for the bargain price at The Touch Therapeutic Massage. Before leaving, we tipped our great masseuses. One of them hailed a cab for us, and told the driver in Thai where to take us. How’s that for service?

Visited August 2013