“Not a fan”

Ranked #5,983 of 10,969 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American
“Not a fan”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I went to Corn Dog Dude twice to be fair. The first time was about a year ago when they first opened. The second time was today as I was having a chili dog craving and decided to give them another try. Now, I know why it took me a year to go there again. I remembered them being less than satisfying, but that is an understatement. The hots dogs have no bite or snap to them. They are a mushy rendition of a hot dog with an overwhelming flavor of liquid smoke with no texture whatsoever. The dogs are so soft you think you are biting into the bun. The chili has is bland and flavorless with a chalky texture. The only good part was the mustard (French's). The first time I went there the owner upsized my drink without asking me and tried to charge me extra for it. I found his service to be annoying. The second time, thankfully, the owner was not there and the staff was pleasant and helpful. But the dogs are so mushy and off-putting I will never go there again. I was there at 1 p.m. and the only customer, so I think a lot of people are agreeing with me and staying away from this hot dog joint.

• Visited May 2013

Bangkok, Thailand
“Ok but there are better”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stopped in once and was impressed with the concept, but the product didn't match. The corn dog wasn't bad but nothing special, either. Was disappointed that they don't offer cheese sauce for dipping, and the day I was there they were out of wings, as well. Check out Fatty's Diner for better corn dogs (plus cheese sauce) and other American classics.

• Visited October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Alternative to restaurant dining at k village!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

In an almost restaurant only dining environment at k-village, this offers value for money (set of hot dog/ really good fries/ drink for <150 baht). Service is really personalized with the owner always ready to offer you a good suggestion of fast food. Try the fries - it's sinful but if you really want to indulge, the fries are really worth the gym visit after. Good variety of hot dogs to go with (love the nacho dog). Try it the next time you're there!

• Visited December 2012