“Trendy, Friendly & Nice hotel in Bangkok - W Bangkok”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #41 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong
“Trendy, Friendly & Nice hotel in Bangkok - W Bangkok”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

A brand new hotel which opened on 7 December 2012 so I decided to stay two nights on 13 & 14 December 2012. The hotel is trendy with very cool decoration, love the colours of the decoration and the room was spacious and comfort. The staff were really friendly and helpful, loves their smile and energetic attitutes. Special thanks to the reception counter team leader Bee Bee, she is so sweet, thoughtful and help me a lot. The hotel is just 5 minutes walk to the Chong Nonsi BTS station and it is only three stops to Siam area. I will definitely back again and recommend my friends to stay there when they travel to Bangkok.

2 Thank Eva K
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Hi Eva K,

Thank you for your great feedback and I have passed on your special thanks.

We are always happy to welcome you back to W Bangkok

Nick Heath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We decided to stay at the new W Bangkok because I was very impressed with the W Retreat in Samui & it did not disappoint.

Check in was breezy and friendly. Since the hotel is only opening in stages we were assigned to the 9th floor which promised an average view. Was told that the best views were the rooms ending with number 16, 17 and 18 facing the main Sathorn Road on higher floors which are the suite rooms.

The breakfast experience was a joy which included freshly cut fruits & even a request of your own freshly blended fruit juice of choice. The cold cuts section with freshly shaved Jamón ibérico & Parma was exceptional in quality. Only set back is that the kitchen had issue in serving my eggs omelet which was too dry. Otherwise its a very pleasant experience.

Since the hotel is barely a fortnight old, we discovered that many of the taxis did not know where the hotel was located. The hotel management explained they have yet to do the orientation for the taxis. Since the hotel was so conveniently located close to the Chong Nongsi BTS that wasn't an issue for us. The guest could connect direct to the sky-bridge for the station within minutes from the lobby. The pool adjoining the gym had an exceptional design & did have design flaws; the door frame which have caused many to trip. I really hope that the management will rectify this flaw asap.

Barely a fortnight old, the genuine warmth of the front-liners at W Bangkok really made a very lasting impression on us. They made us welcomed which made our stay memorable despite the minor set-backs usually experienced by hotels which are opening in stages. I believe the level of hospitality really sets W Bangkok apart from its competitor which will sets new standards for the industry to follow. We will be back again next year!

Room Tip: The best views were the rooms ending with number 16, 17 and 18 facing the main Sathorn Road on high...
6 Thank sonnysan
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Hi Sonnysan,

Thanks for your positive feedback, the Talent (W employees) really appreciate it.

Great to hear you enjoyed the variety of the breakfast and the Chef has taken note of your omelet to ensure we satisfy all our guest needs for the future.

Thank you for your understanding with realising we are a new hotel and taxis are still not familiar with us, this will get better with time and our Marketing department is working on ways to ensure that the drivers will become better acquainted with W Bangkok in the near future.

We have added more caution signs by the pool entrance to ensure that people can see the door frame and we are discussing internally on a more permanent solution.

The Whatever/ Whenever service culture is there to make sure you leave with a positive lasting impression and we look forward to doing the same on your next visit to W Bangkok.

Punggol, null, Singapore
Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days and never missed home at all. From the moment I alighted the cab at the lobby, I was impressed. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Always smiling and making you feel at home.

The rooms are spacious and the beds are huge.

The BEST hotel I have ever stayed in. Will definitely be back here. :)

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank DilzayS
Hi Dilzay S,

Thanks for the positive feedback and we will strive to make sure you have the same experience when you return to W Bangkok.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 15 December 2012

W = Wow! Although the hotel was only open for a week, they impressed us every minute we spent here. Nothing is too much effort for the team to take care of. Especially the whatever whenever staff are amazing. (with a special reference for khun Christine and KJ!). Want to have your luggage weight? No problem. Want to repair the zipper of your bag within 24 hours? No problem. Bar too noisy because of the opening party? You can have your magnificent cocktail in the lounge. Want to know the best Japanese restaurant in Bangkok? They will guide you there. And all this with the biggest possible smile. The location is great in the Silom district and you can actually walk from the BTS station Chong Nonsi into the hotel lobby.
And finaly they deserve a special recommendation for the breakfast which is the best I have ever had!

5 Thank Hans V
Hi Hans V,

Your positive review puts a smile on all our Talents faces as we put a lot of effort in making sure we are all trained and ready to look after all our guests needs and making sure you are all happy during your stay with us.

Glad to hear you like the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you to W Bangkok in the near future,

Hongkong
Reviewed 12 December 2012

The hotel just opened recently and I decided to stay for 2 nights. The hotel is beautiful and it has a nice vibe going on. The staff are smiling and very helpful whenever you ask for help. Check-in took some time, which was quite annoying standing there while they were working on my room keys.

The room is very nice, I loved the colors and the view I got. The bts is close by hotel around 3 min walk which is very convenient when wanting to explore the city. Had breakfast in the morning, the variety is good, even though I would have liked some more fruits on the buffet. The fruit cuts were a bit strange also, I woud have liked more thin cuts but thats my preference. There is a lot of juices to choose from in the fridge, which are individually bottled. I really liked that idea. Food was good for dinner as well , and service friendly and attentive. They told me that they are opening more restaurants & bars in the old building outside, which is needed since I feel having one restaurant does not give you enough variety to choose from during your stay. I pool outside is not comfortable for a swim, as I wanted to go but when I saw it changed my mind. The pool area is more like a lounge, which can be nice in the evenings.

I would love to come back once the hotel is fully open, as I think it just can get better. The construction outside right now can be quite a nuisance during your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Jason S
Hi Jason S,

Thanks for the great feedback, it is appreciated and I know the Talent (W employees) appreciate it.

Our check-in time is getting better as the team is now getting familiar with the systems as it was our first week of being open. We have since had new furniture arrive at the pool including 3 cabanas where you can relax so it adds a more relaxed touch.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bangkok

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Since W Bangkok has just open, I decided to give it a try as I have a very good impression of W HK, unfortunetely, my first encounter with W Bangkok is one of dissapointment, check in time took 15 mins despite I was the only customer they were serving, the signage for the hotel needs improvement, better to put up a signage to guide new arrival to the lift; there is a step leading to the bar area in the pool, I nearly fell over when I walk to the bar, perhaps the management should use a different color to highlight the step; there is construction work outside the hotel, when u go unwind in the pool, it is really distracting. I do hope if I come back next time, W Bangkok can live up to its reputation

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Zhenhua1224
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Hi Zhenhua 1224,

Thank you for your constructive comments during your stay in our first week of opening. It is appreciated as we can only improve if people let us know their experiences.

We are glad you are a fan of W Hotels. Being a new hotel means that training is key and we are constantly learning so that other guests and you will have quicker check-in times and allow you to explore W Bangkok sooner. We have looked into the signage and we have added additional signage around the hotel to make it as easy as possible to find your way around as well as adding a color strip by the pool entrance to make sure the step is visible at all times.
The construction noise you hear outside is beyond our control but we have spoken with the project company to minimize the noise as much as possible.

Please do let us know when you are planning a return trip to stay in W Bangkok.

All the best,