W Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$373
US$294
2,844 results
All reviewswoo barspectacular roomsathorn squaremarvelous suitetrendy hotelchong nonsi bts stationspg memberbusiness districtconcierge teamlobby baramazing hotelpool and gymbreakfast buffetcorner roomtuk tukwoobarboxing
Reviewed 8 June 2013

couldn't agree more with a recent review. the breakfast buffet was amazing, the pool was great, gym even better. the rooms were large and beds were comfy as usual for a w. it was located near the train station, but you can't really walk anywhere besides that, except for one of the 20
7-11's within a block radius. i agree with taking the hotel address with you wherever you go, as it is new and a lot of cab drivers might not know where it is . overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYC200999
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Hi NYC200999,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad that you had a great time during your stayed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at W Bangkok.

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

For the last 5 years I have made it a point to visit at least 1 new W. It's a kind of a birthday present to myself. This year; would have missed my annual ritual but for my sudden trip to BK.

Booked a Wonderful room with 2 double beds that could hold my family of 4. Since my son turned 13, I was told that would have to pay an extra TBht 1000 per night - which I guess was fine.

The hotel is barely 6 months old and is offering fab deals. It's a design marvel right from check in to the room. Clever use of reflective materials like glass steel and stone blended to design perfection. No wonder I hate staying at other hotels that have started cloning themselves under what is called the cookie cutter design.

Large bathroom with 4 fixtures is a delight.

The "kitchen" serves nice food and the soft shell crabs are not to be missed. The poolside is very nice with a sculptured pool and terraced landscape. But my favourite was the Woo Bar. On a Wednesday night it's every man's delight as it's ladies night and women outnumber men 3 to 1.

The BTS station is quite close and so is a 7 11 if it's off any interest.

The heritage building in the compound should open soon and its great for photo ops.

My kids voted it as their best hotel in BK and they have stayed at quite a few. Don't know if I will get a great rate once the hotel stabilizes but it will certainly stay on my hot list as one of the most vibrant hotel I have visited.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Umski,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to see that you and your family enjoyed the design and ambiance of the hotel. We also have Cool Corner room which is 47 sqm with double beds and panoramic city view. Maybe for your next visit at W Bangkok. Executive Chef Sarah and her culinary team have worked really hard to create one of the city’s best restaurant.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We booked 2 Wonderful rooms for a 4 night stay involving the kids and my in laws. The room we selected online said 2 Queen Size beds so this would be great for us we thought. We also requested adjoining rooms. Unfortunately on check in we were told that the rooms with 2 Queens were at separate ends of the hotel and for adjoining rooms we would have to upgrade to a Spectacular room. We decided to do so to keep the family together.

The Spectacular room came with a King Bed so they gave us a roll away for one of the kids. It's an open concept room so not quite suitable for families but great for a single or couple.

On our first morning in the hotel my husband made himself a coffee before we left for the day but neither the coffee nor the ice bucket now full of water from the night before had been cleared. The carpet also continued to have the same bits of lint and dirt on it throughout our 4 night stay. On our first night our Toddler cut himself getting into the Bathtub as there is a gap between the floor and tiling on the tub and the tiles are pretty sharp. The furniture in the rooms also have pretty sharp points and edges so watch out if you have small children.

Other than that the room service and housekeeping are fast and service is great! The best and most helpful staff being those in the front of the hotel.

We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hi michgtan,

Thank you for the feedback. I will look into your comments and discuss with my team about the floor and tile that caused your kid to get hurt.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

This one is for fans of form over function. I found that the selfconscious chicness and design of the rooms gets in the way of comfort. You need to be prepared for minimal counter space in the bathroom and a rather small room. That said, the design works well in the public spaces, the staff are attentive and the breakfast very good. This place is not for everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Maddy743

Hi Maddy743,

Thank you for your feedback. 41 sqm is an average hotel room size in Bangkok. We also have bigger room which is 47 sqm with panoramic city view called Cool Corner room for your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Good breakfast, new hotel, new design, great cocktail, modern bathroom, convenience location nat Chongnonsi, small but cosy swimming pool, very useful more gym, bathroom, great WOO Bar, former Rusiian Emabsyy snd turn into japanses

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank DashMen

Hi David L,

Thank you for great feedback.

We are looking forward to give you the same experience in the near future.