“Surpassed Expectations”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #16 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at the W for 3 nights in Bangkok this mid May. I have stayed at many W properties, I travel extensively, usually for work and rarely write reviews. This was my first time to Thailand and at first I thought the friendly, attentive, perceptive staff was due to the Thai culture. However I soon realised it wasn't just the Thai staff that had grace and charm it was everyone. Every person we met at the hotel anticipated your next question, or need. What became clear is everyone who works there from the cleaners to concierge takes pride in their job. They all seem as though they want to be there. The breakfast is one of the best buffets I have seen. The hotel is very new and the rooms great. The location is excellent as it is close to the skytrain. Loved this hotel and kudos to the GM for a consistent superior staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sabrinax99
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Hi Sabrinax99,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.
I will pass your compliment to the Chef regarding the excellent of food experience you had.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Nick Heath

Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Rarely do I write hotel reviews... but this place was amazing! I could not get over how warmly I was welcomed (anyone complaining must be coming in with a chip on their shoulder) and to top it off, had one of the best meals of my life at Table... The chicken tajine dish there is second to NONE. W Bangkok, keep up the good work! Will highly recommend....

Room Tip: splurge for an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MMAOC

Hi MMAOC,

Thank you for your great comment. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you next stay with us at W Bangkok.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed at W Hotel on the 8th June for 1 night, Allocated a Wonderful room and it was really wonderful... although the view was not spectacular compared to W Taipei, the service was top notch. Breakfast at The Kitchen Table was good, service again was top class. 1 of the really major negative factor of W Bangkok is its location... it's far from the city area (Siam and Sukhumvit) and really nothing much to do at night over there, except for Woo Bar. The pool is small and nothing spectacular compared to W Taipei again. Curtains in the room are manual, not automated. This hotel is newer than W Taipei but its facilities seemed much older..W Hotel should seriously consider offering complimentary WiFi in its rooms, charging 240Baht per day for its Wireless service in rooms are way too expensive for the rate they charge for their rooms.

Good hotel, but negative factors are HUGE no-nos

*Tip: a road down from W Bangkok is Health Land, awesome place for Thai massage.. better than Away Spa which I tried in Taiwan*

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jimmylkw

Hi jimmylkw,

Thank you for the feedback.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay with us at W Bangkok

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The W bangkok team had made my fiancee and my stay marvelous. I contacted the assistant manager, Pat before the stay and made a request to have my proposal in the hotel room during my 1st night stay. Everything was fantastic from the decorations to the daily surprises provided, which made my proposal a success.

On the 2nd night, the bangkok team surprises us with a complimentary snack which we find very caring and nice of them. Overall throughout our stay, all staff provided wonderful services whenever and wherever we were.

Once again, we will like to "Thank the Bangkok Team" and Pat for the fantastic experience and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi jock9432,

Thank you for your great feedback. I can see that your experience was truly a memorable one.
Reading your review put a large smile on my face as this is exactly what we try do for all our guests through our Whatever/ Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your thanks personally to Pat and the rest of the team.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

couldn't agree more with a recent review. the breakfast buffet was amazing, the pool was great, gym even better. the rooms were large and beds were comfy as usual for a w. it was located near the train station, but you can't really walk anywhere besides that, except for one of the 20
7-11's within a block radius. i agree with taking the hotel address with you wherever you go, as it is new and a lot of cab drivers might not know where it is . overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYC200999

Hi NYC200999,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad that you had a great time during your stayed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at W Bangkok.

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

For the last 5 years I have made it a point to visit at least 1 new W. It's a kind of a birthday present to myself. This year; would have missed my annual ritual but for my sudden trip to BK.

Booked a Wonderful room with 2 double beds that could hold my family of 4. Since my son turned 13, I was told that would have to pay an extra TBht 1000 per night - which I guess was fine.

The hotel is barely 6 months old and is offering fab deals. It's a design marvel right from check in to the room. Clever use of reflective materials like glass steel and stone blended to design perfection. No wonder I hate staying at other hotels that have started cloning themselves under what is called the cookie cutter design.

Large bathroom with 4 fixtures is a delight.

The "kitchen" serves nice food and the soft shell crabs are not to be missed. The poolside is very nice with a sculptured pool and terraced landscape. But my favourite was the Woo Bar. On a Wednesday night it's every man's delight as it's ladies night and women outnumber men 3 to 1.

The BTS station is quite close and so is a 7 11 if it's off any interest.

The heritage building in the compound should open soon and its great for photo ops.

My kids voted it as their best hotel in BK and they have stayed at quite a few. Don't know if I will get a great rate once the hotel stabilizes but it will certainly stay on my hot list as one of the most vibrant hotel I have visited.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Umski,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to see that you and your family enjoyed the design and ambiance of the hotel. We also have Cool Corner room which is 47 sqm with double beds and panoramic city view. Maybe for your next visit at W Bangkok. Executive Chef Sarah and her culinary team have worked really hard to create one of the city’s best restaurant.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We booked 2 Wonderful rooms for a 4 night stay involving the kids and my in laws. The room we selected online said 2 Queen Size beds so this would be great for us we thought. We also requested adjoining rooms. Unfortunately on check in we were told that the rooms with 2 Queens were at separate ends of the hotel and for adjoining rooms we would have to upgrade to a Spectacular room. We decided to do so to keep the family together.

The Spectacular room came with a King Bed so they gave us a roll away for one of the kids. It's an open concept room so not quite suitable for families but great for a single or couple.

On our first morning in the hotel my husband made himself a coffee before we left for the day but neither the coffee nor the ice bucket now full of water from the night before had been cleared. The carpet also continued to have the same bits of lint and dirt on it throughout our 4 night stay. On our first night our Toddler cut himself getting into the Bathtub as there is a gap between the floor and tiling on the tub and the tiles are pretty sharp. The furniture in the rooms also have pretty sharp points and edges so watch out if you have small children.

Other than that the room service and housekeeping are fast and service is great! The best and most helpful staff being those in the front of the hotel.

We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hi michgtan,

Thank you for the feedback. I will look into your comments and discuss with my team about the floor and tile that caused your kid to get hurt.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bangkok in the near future.