“5-star Experience with a Modern & Unique Vibe”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #22 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had never stayed at a W before so was looking forward to a new experience. I also had no concept of what kind of hotel to would be other than that it was a Starwood property. So I knew it was going to good. However, I was pleasantly surprised by by everything that happened and at every touch point starting with the Mercedes S Class airport pickup to the flawless and fast checkout.

Th entire hotel is uniquely styled with a very modern interpretation. The lobby almost resembles a disco in the evenings with loud music and subdued lighting. But all of this is perfectly balanced with the excellent service and in no way jeopardizes the 5-star treatment you would expect. The hallways have music playing and there are lights in all the right places giving you almost, but not quite, sensory overload.

The rooms also have very modern styling but deliver on all the luxury and hotel amenities necessary. The room is controlled through a touch screen pad and allows you to adjust all the lights in the room, the AC, and also functions as your alarm clock. All very cool! Like in most Asian 5-star hotels, the bathroom is spacious and modern with separate toilet, shower, and bath. The room service was efficient and the food very good.

Breakfast was another highlight with a good selection of fruit, eggs dishes, cereals, and Chinese and Indian breakfasts. It was vey nice that the waiters took egg orders at the table and didn't have to stand around at the buffet waiting. The only issue was the way the booths were arranged because it required people on the outside to continually having to get up for those sitting on the inside.

On balance, a unique hotel with a niche clientele looking for something with a cool vibe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Hi DHWShanghai,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the design and ambiance of the hotel.

Executive Chef Sarah and her culinary team have worked really hard to create one of the city’s best restaurants and I am glad to see that you really enjoyed it.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay at W Bangkok.

Nick Heath

Write a ReviewReviews (2,507)

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was a bit skeptical about staying here, due to I was on a business trip. The hotel is very well kept, staff is very nice altho some are just not knowledgeable. I will be returning to Bangkok in august and most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Hi Pedro S,

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Still at the hotel now, first stay at a W hotel. Must say it's very disappointing. Should have stayEd at to my regular hotels in Bangkok.

Firstly the cab driver have no idea where the hotel is. Wasted time.

Check in was slow. Even though there was no one ahead of me at reception. No welcome drinks, nothing. Not a very warm welcome. I had better service at other bkk hotels.

Room is actually very small for this price range. Tries to be high tech but I still need to manually pull the curtains. seriously??nothing much in the room. No nespresso machine for example. decor is so so.

Definitely doesn't offer much extra. In fact I don't know what extras it offer compared to other 5 star hotels.

probably will never stay in a W hotel after this experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank weiyang

Hi Weiyang,

Thank you for you feedback.
We have now done a mass campaign to taxis in the city so W Bangkok should be more familiar very soon. The welcome drinks we have set right next to the waiting area in W Lounge. Also the tea & coffee machine is also set in every guestroom.

I will look into all of your comments as all feedback can only help us improve our services .We do have more traditional brands that might be more to your taste under the Starwood when you next return to W Bangkok.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed there just about six months after its opening but we could find imperfections in the lift lobby and in the room and stain on the toilet floor. This is not the W standard we expected.

We took more than 3 hours attempting to go from Thonglor to W Hotel on a Friday afternoon, because the taxi and tuk tuk drivers as well as the BTS staff didn't know of its location, a helpful local pointed us to the wrong BTS station and the stagnant traffic on the road. That was a painful experience with the luggage on a hot day!

And we notice other W Hotels provide a daily sweet treat but not W Bangkok, a bit disappointed!

Luckily other W elements remain like the smart and beautiful staff, the wow design and yummy food.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle C

Hi Michelle C,

Thank you for your comments. We have done a mass campaign to taxis in the city so W Bangkok would be familiar to taxi drivers. I am happy to see that you liked the design and style of the hotel.

I do hope you reconsider when you next stay in Bangkok to stay with us as we are always happy to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

It's one of the newest hotel in Bangkok and I'm sure this hotel will be one of the best in bkk, very modern hotel very stylish,clean,fashion,calm & wonderful. The room very comfortable the bed I don't sleep in my life like I slept on this bed you enjoy every minute you stay on mattress my room was a studio room in the28 floor you'll enjoy the view especially from the bath tub or when you take shower and see the city from window. Something happens bother me and made me unhappy but I don't want to talk about it and will not mention it because the way of apologize make me very happy again. The pool is fantastic & I enjoy swimming and enjoy the music under water . The spa wonderful but it's new opening so not all treatment is available but I enjoy too much there,check in chech out very easy I recommend this hotel for every one go to Bangkok

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Motaz1,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the design and ambiance of the hotel.

We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at the W for 3 nights in Bangkok this mid May. I have stayed at many W properties, I travel extensively, usually for work and rarely write reviews. This was my first time to Thailand and at first I thought the friendly, attentive, perceptive staff was due to the Thai culture. However I soon realised it wasn't just the Thai staff that had grace and charm it was everyone. Every person we met at the hotel anticipated your next question, or need. What became clear is everyone who works there from the cleaners to concierge takes pride in their job. They all seem as though they want to be there. The breakfast is one of the best buffets I have seen. The hotel is very new and the rooms great. The location is excellent as it is close to the skytrain. Loved this hotel and kudos to the GM for a consistent superior staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sabrinax99
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Hi Sabrinax99,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.
I will pass your compliment to the Chef regarding the excellent of food experience you had.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Rarely do I write hotel reviews... but this place was amazing! I could not get over how warmly I was welcomed (anyone complaining must be coming in with a chip on their shoulder) and to top it off, had one of the best meals of my life at Table... The chicken tajine dish there is second to NONE. W Bangkok, keep up the good work! Will highly recommend....

Room Tip: splurge for an upgrade to a suite!