“For the hip and trendy”

Ranked #41 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Durham, United Kingdom
“For the hip and trendy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Chic hotel and quick service. I was hoping for the Thai hospitality but that was missing. Perhaps it has to do with the W brand. Had an upgrade from wonderful room to spectacular room coz I'm a SPG gold member. Room was clean and tastefully designed. The view was good. The water in the standing shower took a while to drain. Check-out was efficient. If you are looking for a chic place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank joshdes
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Hi joshdes,

Thank you for your feedback.
We do a subtle Thai hospitality because I hope you can agree that with the W brand, we cannot be traditional.
It is good to hear that you enjoyed design of the hotel. I will discuss with my team about the water in the standing shower.

We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you next stay with us at W Bangkok.

Nick Heath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

From start to finish, this hotel was a wonderful five star experience! The check in staff were attentive and helpful. The process was swift and effortless, made all the better with the complimentary drink in the lounge (card members only). The room was excellent, with the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept on. Complimentary bottled water was placed around the room, the mini bar was exceptionally well stocked with every conceivable item you could wish for! The hotel is relatively new and it shows. Pristine, immaculate and ultra modern. The gym was not busy at all and the pool I had all to myself. A marvellous experience, and one that I shall be repeating for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hi RoyalNavy1964,

Thank you for your great feedback. It is good to see that you had a wonderful stayed at W Bangkok.
We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bangkok

All the best

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The W was well briefed on the fact that it was my birthday we were celebrating and they delivered.
We had used the Suite Night Award to upgrade to a Marvelous Suite and were given a room on the 21st floor, with a sweeping view of Bangkok.
The room was beautiful in W style and the bed difficult to get up from in the morning.
Breakfast was very enjoyable with a chatty trainee who gave us lots of tips for a forthcoming tip to his home country.
The bar was not very busy and the hotel did not appear to be particularly busy which for a week end is surprising considering the typical clientele demographic.

2 Thank JohnSINSG
Hi JohnSINSG,

Thank you for your comments. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our Marvelous Suite with panoramic city view. Our Executive Chef Sarah and the team had worked really hard on the breakfast buffet, I’m happy to see that you loved our breakfast.

We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you return to W Bangkok.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

we were stayed at w bangkok for 3 nights at last august.we were 2 adults plus two toddlers. the hotel is super stylish, the staff are very friendly and helpful.
rooms are gorgeous and spacious.
breakfast is super yummy. one of the best! even it's a little over pricey (800 bt each) you must try it!
expecting to visit there again and again...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Einay R,

Thank you for positive review. Your comments put a smile on my face as it seems we definitely gave you the true W experience and look forward to doing the same on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bangkok in the near future.

HK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

if you're reading this, then get this, the TA rating is still low only because this is a new hotel, yes there are many exceptional hotels in Bangkok, but none are as new, so give it try if you don't have your eyes set on something else already or you "must" live near Chit Lom (fancy shopping area)

let's get the downside out of the way first... for there's only a few...and I'm very picky
1. open washroom - this includes the toilet, eh... last bit of privacy when doing the nasty please? the curtain between the washroom and room leaves foot wide gap, which would be a problem for me because I need a hazmat for mine... no matter, I did my business in their 2nd floor, which is very clean.
2. Awesome that skytrain (BTS) is right next door, but the only thing within walking distance is the chained "Healthland Spa" (which I have my reserved opinion), everything shopping/sightseeing related you must hop on the BTS or Taxi, which is not bad but I wouldn't use the word convenient.
3. None of the Taxi I hopped into (except from hotel) knows where the hotel is... only because the place is new...

now the PROS!!!
1. Exceptional whatever/whenever service - I emailed them ahead about being my wife's bday, and on her birthday, they sent a little chocolate munchies and a hand written card to the room at night. (I actually thought they've forgotten). which totally made her day (and mine). cheers!
2. Exceptional whatever/whenever service - we left our luggage at the airport because they were delayed due to bad weather, the hotel staff was on it like a hawk (credit goes to Cathay's services too), but since we're talking about W here, another way to go!
3. My wife loved their toiletries, did I mention making her day makes mine too!
4. I especially liked their glass work-table, it's long and not right in front of the TV, it also have desk-mounted sockets for all my electronic gadgets.
5. excellent shower.
6. awesome in room control, a 7 inch tablet that controls AC, clock, lights, & privacy sign
7. exceptionally clean room (because its new), which is awesome
8. Excellent selection of breakfast - specially made yogurt, fresh fruits, pastries, chinese, asian, western
9. very nice swimming pool (20m?) and pool side amenities.
10. location - yup, it's good and bad at the same time, a few of the better known restaurants are actually nearby (still need a tuktuk/taxi) and since BTW (Skytrain) is just around the corner, it's accessible to pretty much everywhere.

Room Tip: - higher floors have better view (15 or higher) - make sure the taxi ride from/to airport is metere...
1 Thank echo-i
Hi echoi,

Thank you for your feedback.
You were staying in a Spectacular room which is the only room that correctly said does not have a bathroom door. There are only 106 rooms out of the total hotel of 407 rooms. We are looking into resolving this concern but while we do you can stay in our Wonderful room or spoil yourself with our suites.

Being a new hotel it takes time for taxis to get familiar but we have done extensive campaigns with the taxi companies so we will become a recognizable name soon. I am happy to see that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling with our Whatever/Whenever service culture. The teams are definitely an asset for us and I will be sure to make mention of your comments to the Talents.

We look forward to welcome you back to W Bangkok in the near future.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in Sept. Hotel is located near Chong Nonsi BTS but it will take a few interchanges to reach there by airport express/ BTS, so we just took taxi. Hotel is still new so not a lot of drivers know where it is. We paid 520baht (excl highway tolls) on our way to hotel from the airport, which seems expensive as we only paid 240baht (excl highway tolls) on our way from hotel to airport on the day we left. We arrived at the hotel at about 12nn but got a room right away, Check-in was smooth. We got a room on the 23rd floor with a "blue" theme which is nice cos blue is my favorite color!! Room had a view to Sathorn Sqaure and overlooking a little bit of the Chao Phraya. I really like the room was filled with many universal adapters that you can just plug in the sockets from your home country and save the hassle to bring few more adapters to charge phones/ cameras!

Our package didn't come with breakfast so we went to the nearby Dean and Deluca to grab our morning coffee; we tried the hotel's breakfast on the last day though and it was great! Different choices of fruit juice, salads, eggs/omelettes made to order & noodle station. We also used the pool with an underwater speaker, which was a nice touch so you can enjoy the music while swimming! On the day of my birthday I got a nice surprise from the Whatever/Whenever team and even had a handwritten birthday card from Tee, it really made by day! On the last day of our stay, we went out for last minute shopping and bought a lot, when we reached the hotel we borrowed some duct tapes and scissors for packing them away. A staff brought the duct tapes and scissors for us, she even offered to help packing! We then went for lunch but the weather suddenly turned really bad and it started to rain. We didn't have an umbrella with us and was worried how were we going to walk from Sathorn Sqaure back to the hotel without getting soaking wet even if it was a 30 seconds walk. Worry not! Cos the Welcome Ambassador was kind enough to bring us 2 umbrellas to make sure we wouldn't get wet on our way to the hotel!

Just a thought, we were on the road getting a taxi from Siam but not all the drivers know where is the location of the hotel, I then reached for the key card holder hoping to find the Thai address for the drivers but couldn't find any. It would have been great if we could have the hotel addr in Thai upon check in as we didn't take taxi when we went out and wasn't aware we should have asked the welcoming team for this.

We had a really wonderful stay, though there is not much to do/ see in the business area around the hotel, but it was just a 10-15 mins time to travel to Siam or Saphan Taksin pier, we will definitely be back next time we are in Bangkok! Thanks everyone for making our stay a Wonderful and an enjoyable one!!

Hi Marissa97,

Thank you for your feedback.
We have done a huge campaign to all taxi companies to ensure this point raised becomes a thing of the past. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also like our breakfast buffet. Executive Chef Sarah and her culinary team have had a large focus on breakfast. It seems like you definitely received our Whatever/ Whenever service culture, I will be sure to pass on your comment to the Talents.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The location is convenience to reach either by skytrain or taxi, all staff are friendly including front desk, gym and restaurant. I didn't book breakfast from hotel but I'd tried delicious breakfast from public food market just on the other side of the main road. The guest room and The gym facilities is great and its part of the high lights. Unfortunately they didn't provide free wifi even I stay there for 3 nights, the swimming is nice looking but now very good for swimming since its not big for guest, besides, the food from restaurant is just so so which is below 5 stars hotel standard.

Room Tip: actually there's only city view of this hotel, just request higher level and away from lift lobb...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hi Jims12345,

Thank you for your comments.
The Talent is definitely key in offering the Whatever/ Whenever service culture at W Bangkok. I will be sure to mention your comments to the team. We also provide a package that includes room and internet for a special price.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations when you next stay with us at W Bangkok.