“Funky hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Funky hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The W hotel is a very funky hotel and at a very convinient location. Rooms are great, but be sure to ask for your preferred color: blue, magenta and gold. Fantastic bathroom with the coolest black wash basin tabs. Breakfast was ok, but nothing special and the eggs didn t turn out well ( I love eggs benefict) . Music in the lobby is a tick too loud in the evening, you feel more you enter a bar than a hotel. Overall the staff was incredibly attentive and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Hi doritg888,

Thank you for your comment. It is great to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and the design was your liking. Music is one of W Hotels Worldwide passion points, so everywhere in the hotel will always have music in the background. The W Lounge is next to WOOBAR and every night we will have our resident DJs spinning at WOOBAR so you can hear the music from the W Lounge as well. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the chef and to all the Talent regarding their attentiveness.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nick Heath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff. I go there all the time for business. Very professional and friendly staff. Of course it is a W so you need to like the atmosphere. The rooms are great, excellent wifi and efficient business center. Very near to the BTS so good connectivity.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi Paoloc0211,

Thank you for your great review.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed the W experience and the hotel design was to your liking. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the Talent.

We look forward to welcoming to back on your next business trip at W Bangkok.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

It was good more than i expected!
I used us W hotel in Korea, but Bangkok W hotel is totally different class.
little bit far from center of city, and if you tried to go out from hotel without car it looks like difficult.
but few minutes way have BTS. and all the quality of service, room, foods, etc make other thing forget. recommend !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PTYE
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Pros
1. 1st experience and BEST experience
2. Everything is good
3. 2-3 mins walking distance to Chong Nonsi BTS/Bangkok BRT
4. Near to Lalaisap Market & Sathorn Square
5. Central location in Silom/Sathorn
6. Breakfast & Lunch at Restaurant is good - fantastic breakfast buffet
7. Service is excellent at restaurant and concierge
8. Requested for a local taxi to a local office building and the concierge helped me print out a Google map in Thai for safe keeping plus explained throughly to the taxi driver where is the building and how to get there (exact route and highway to take)
9. Cleaning lady is excellent - I told her to come back during lunch time and she did. Even asked if there was anything additional I required for the room
10. The style is very modern, chic, funky and state of the art technology in the room - a definite must if you are young, fun loving and from the new generation

Cons
1. Nothing is bad
2. I hope they keep the prices below USD200

Recommendations
Please ensure you stay at W Hotels anywhere in the world!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi Sweeteners,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your stay. It is good to see that our Talent has did a great job in looking after you and that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling with our Whatever/ Whenever service culture. For the rate, go onto our website www.whotebangkok.com where you can get the best available price at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is my first ever W experience. And this sets for me personally the W benchmark to a whole new level. And many reviewers who have stayed in many W establishments world wide says that W, Bangkok is not as "great" compared to the W in Taipei or in Hong Kong. I can't wait to see how much "better" can they be. Because W, Bangkok was perfect in every way for me and my family.

Here's what stood out for us:

Service - Genuine, friendly and warm. From the driver that picked us up from the airport to the bellboy that helped us with our luggage when we checked out. Everyone we met were so friendly.

Housekeeping & Maintenance - Housekeeping was amazing. Our room was clean and everything was perfect after the morning clean up and also after the turndown service. (we had a 11 month old baby that was turning the room inside out) And they knew from the first night onwards we would require 10 bottles of drinking water for the night, so they had them all prepared on subsequent nights. That is what I call housekeeping with an initiative. Maintenance also repaired our slight sliding door malfunction and even left a personal handwritten note to let us know that the issue was fixed. This was a first for me in all my years of travelling.

Concierge - These bunch of gentlemen knew everything you need to know about bangkok. From cheap shopping destinations, to fine dining restaurants. They not only know where exactly they are they will also share other guests review of those places. They also did a great job ensuring all the taxis that picked us up used the meter.

Room Amenities - TWG teas and Bliss products. Nuff said. And they were also nice enough to provide bath amenities for my little one including an infant bath tub.

WooBar - I only had the chance to have a couple of drinks on the last night of my stay. The cocktails were really really good and the waiter's recommendation were spot on. Do try the W signature cocktails from the world over.

My only comment for the Hotel is they need to improve on their breakfast. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty good spread but I would expect them to at least change a few items on the breakfast line instead of just offering the same items day in and day out.

I will definitely be returning to W, Bangkok. It's just a matter of when.

Room Tip: Ask for high city view floors. Don't be fooled there are two corner rooms one has a great layout...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SnappyFingers
Hi SnappyFingers,

Thank you for your positive review.
I can see that you had such a memorable experience with us. Reading your comment put a large smile on my face. I am proud to see that our Talent looked after you so well, this is exactly what we try to do for all our guests through our Whatever/ Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Talents. On our breakfast, we will look into your comment and discuss with our Executive Chef.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay at W Bangkok.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

W Bangkok - non stop excellent service from beginning to end. You never have to ask twice. The pool and fitness center is very well laid out and spacious. Conveniently located and a short walk to the skytrain to get around the city. The breakfast - full of choices to meet everyone's taste and well done. I highly recommend the W if you want something fresh and easy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indo_chine00
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Hi indo_chine00,

Thank you for your great feedback. It is great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I am happy to see that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling with our Whatever/Whenever service culture. Our Executive Chef Sarah has worked really hard on breakfast buffet, I am happy that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to exceeding all you expectations when you return to W Bangkok.

uae
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first experience of a W Hotel and if they are all like the W Bangkok I have clearly been missing out. The first positive thing that happened was before I even arrived. On my booking I put that I would be arriving at 2am. To ensure that there was no confusion the hotel emailed to clarify exactly when I would be arriving and then confirmed back to assure me my rood would be ready for me when i arrived. A small detail perhaps but showed a high level of customer care.

Arrival in the hotel is quite a sensory explosion with the decor and the lively bar near reception. I had a very warm and friendly welcome and was quickly up in my room which was exquisite. Loved all the little touches like the gold boxing gloves on the bed. Sometimes it was hard to pull myself out of the room and go and see the city!

All the staff I met were super friendly and helpful. I got the impression that the staff genuinely enjoy working here and that fun and enthusiasm transfers itself to the guests.

Breakfast was always smooth and efficient. Arriving 30 minutes before closing on a Sunday in some hotels can be a less that pleasant experience, but not so at the W. Whilst it was very busy I was seated efficiently, served promptly and there was still a full selection of food in the buffet.

Whilst it is a bit unfair to single out any of the staff as all the ones I interacted with were truly wonderful, I do have to say a special thanks to Connor. His natural friendliness and helpfulness put that extra sparkle on what was already a truly awesome vacation.

For sure this is where I will stay next time I am in Bangkok and I am also sure the W deserves a higher rating than it currently has on trip advisor. Maintaining and building upon the current level of service should ensure the W is soon at the top of the list.

As for value for money I found the hotel excellent value and the rates very reasonable for the standard of accommodation provided. I pre selected the breakfast and wifi package which made it even better value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank britinuae
Hi britinuae,

Thank you for your great feedback. I can see that your experience was truly a memorable one and now you have become a W fan. Reading your review put a large smile on my face as this is exactly what we try do for all our guests through our Whatever/ Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comment to them. Executive Chef Sarah and her culinary team have worked really hard on breakfast buffet, I am happy that you liked our breakfast.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.