“Chic and Comfy”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I've stayed in 3 W Hotels and this is definitely the winner. Chic with a sense of humour and very comfortable, I looked forward to returning to the hotel after a day out in Bangkok. Staff were knowledgeable and helpful - the bellboys (all nicely suited up) took the initiative to help me with my shopping, The W Hotel is also conveniently located near a BTS where there's also a shopping mall worth your time if you just feel like staying close. The area at Chong Nonsi is fun to walk around too with many dining options too. I could not recommend this hotel any more!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,678)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Of all the W Properties I have visited (mostly all in the US) - this was the most stunning. Well-designed and a nice location in the city - not far from tourist attractions and business district. Staff was very warm + welcoming, and the food + beverage (especially the breakfast) was incredible! Great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hi Tc00per,
Thank you very much for your great feedback and we are extremely happy that we stood out when you compare us to other W properties. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our intricate hotel design and our location that is just a few minutes away from the BTS Sky Train (Chong Nonsi). Our talents work extremely hard to provide our esteemed guests with great service to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay at our hotel. They will be really appreciated to know that you enjoyed and were satisfied with your stay and their service. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed in W bangkok for 3 nights during my Thailand visit.
I can truly say that if you are considering this hotel do not look any further, go ahead book and rest assured you have made the right decision.
Check in was easy and smooth, all staff are polite and sweet and very helpful. The service I received was exceptional and exactly what you would expect from a W.

Rooms are bright airy spacious and modern, I had a wonderful room facing the city on the 21st floor which was great, the housekeeping team were fantastic and rooms were cleaned thoroughly each day and personal belongings tidied away, and they were more then happy to provide few more Bliss toiletries.

The pool is small but great its not the kind of place where you want to do laps, there are plenty of loungers and day beds which is great, I did not have any treatments at the spa but it did look good, also the gym has everything you need, fresh towels and bottled water also provided.

The restaurant I had breakfast in every morning, it was great and has everything you need and want. I also had dinner there one night the menu has everything from Padthai to biryani so you are spoilt for choice.

Location is fantastic, you are about 30/40min from both airports depending on traffic, you are close to shops cafes and restaurants and the mall and all the sites.

Overall I was very impressed with this hotel as I also went to the Lebua and Banyan Tree and was not impressed at all. If I was to return to Bangkok I will definitely stay at the W again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Ned87,
Thank you so much for taking your time and writing us a wonderful review. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our talents work extremely hard to satisfy every guest from their first step into the hotel and we try to provide our Whatever/Whenever service culture to all of our esteemed guests. The swimming pool is 22m in length but because of the oval shape it does make it seem smaller. The WET pool and our FIT gym are open and available for use 24/7. For your future stay, we would like to recommend you to try one of our treatments at AWAY Spa, as there are several signature treatments with the best spa products and outstanding spa facilities. For the restaurant, we pride ourselves in offering our guests with a wide variety of choices, served in the highest quality possible to ensure the best of flavors. Lastly, our location is one of the best locations as we are situated in town, close to the BTS Sky Train (Chong Nonsi), and close to all the touristic destinations. Thank you very much once again for the wonderful feedback and comment and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our talents. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at W Bangkok.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

What a hotel, what an experience, everything that W should deliver and then so much more. No superlatives will do, it's simple, this is the best hotel in Bangkok. In fact it's out of sight. Stay here and enjoy, all of it, the people here even transcend the magic of the property. The W Bangkok team are outstanding, every single one of them!

Room Tip: I was in a 'spectacular' room. It was.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi Wirelesskev,
Thank you for sharing your great feedback and recommending W Bangkok as the best hotel in town. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the services at our hotel provided by our talents were able to satisfy your every need. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to our talents.
We look forward to your return for another wonderful experience with us.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spend the weekend at this hotel, the overall feel of the hotel are modern style, fun and good. The location of the hotel is right in the main business district of Bangkok and easy reach of local BTS sky train.

The hardware; the overall design the main lobby are resemble a stylist bar ambiance with funky lights and deco. The room are large in size, equip with good amenity, large curve window, good sound proof, lots of multi power points, touch screen control etc. However, I find the room are lack of total privacy specially in term of toilet usage, the bathroom are an open concept and during the wc usage the view will be shared by anyone else in the room.

The software; the Thai hospitality is super warm, polite and accommodating, the breakfast in the morning is super and so does the spa service a good experience.

Please note that on weekend the area surrounding does not offer much to shop, dine or sightseeing some travel by taxi or BTS are needed to get to other part of town

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi Yoong w
Thank you for your feedback and we are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay as well as our decoration style at W Bangkok. I am happy to say that we have installed a mock up door for the toilet in the room you stayed in so in the next few weeks all toilets in the Spectacular rooms (106 rooms only out of 406) will have doors.
It is good to hear that our Talent has done a great job in looking after you, it is our pleasure to provide you the friendly and attentive service which made your trip even more wonderful which exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our talents.
Our location is 2 minutes walking distance from the BTS Chong Nonsi and near many big shopping areas which are only 3 stations away to Siam Paragon (Biggest Shopping area center).
Thank you again for this wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future at W Bangkok.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed W Bangkok the 2nd time and there are some changes compared to the previous time. W rooms are always up to a certain standards and that is what i like about it. Talents at Wheels impressed me the most cos they are always so alert and help me before check in and after check out. However, more talents should be at Woo bar. Only one talent was there in the afternoon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi Bobng80
Thank you very much for your great feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us again.
I have noted on your point about talent at WOOBAR but glad to see the overall Talent looked after you.
We are definitely looking forward to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed here for a relaxing weekend, the pool area and gym are great, the room was fantastic really liked that. It was a property that has so much and a good feel so there wasn't much need to leave it during my stay! The food was pretty good, the service overall was good. They like there techno devices in the room which worked well, where others have failed. They could do with more tech around the property especially in servicing guests, there are some great products I've seen about the place that would work here very well.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hi mike m,
Thank you for your valuable review on us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel, room, food, facilities, the service and especially the technology devices in our room that makes life much easier.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you travel to Bangkok in the near future.