“Faultless stay & great experience @ W, Bangkok”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having just stayed for 6 nights on a business / holiday trip, I can honestly say, my experience @ W was fantastic. The hotel itself is an awesome design, very modern, trendy and an enjoyable environment to be a part of... I stayed in a 'Wonderful Room' which was also very cool - a tablet to control the lights & aircon, trendy design, lots of complimentary water, great shower, a couple of cheeky macaroons sitting on the desk as a welcome... One tiny criticism is the ironing board - it was pretty flimsy & difficult to use - a small thing but something that you notice as a business traveller who always needs freshly ironed shirts. I ordered several meals through room service - all arrived hot each time & really tasty so no complaints there. (the Kitchen Burger is worth a go)
And then arguably most importantly is the staff. They were excellent - always doing things to make life easier for guests. They have a great 'Whatever Whenever' desk & contact number which makes life easy. Whenever I requested something extra like shower gel / DVD's, I got it quickly. The excellent service also extends to the restaurant on the 2nd floor. The breakfast spread was extensive and very high quality. Staff were always great and on the one evening when eating in the restaurant, I had everything I needed and served with a genuine smile. They've managed to master the fine line between being attentive, but not over-attentive. I also recommend the braised lamb!
I would strongly recommend this hotel - mainly for the younger demographic (<40/45) due to the 'funky' nature of the place & downstairs bar converting to more of a club at night. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Richard K,
Thank you so much for taking your time and writing us a wonderful review. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our talents work extremely hard to satisfy every guest from their first step into the hotel and we try to provide our Whatever/Whenever service culture to all of our esteemed guests. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback about the braised lamb to our chefs. We are looking forward to welcoming you in near future for you wonderful second stay with us.
Nick Heath

Write a ReviewReviews (2,678)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just had a wonderful experience at the W hotel bangkok. Service was fantastic, concierge was knowledgable .
Rooms were very clean and the food was good. Breakfast had a great variety.

One of the best sleeps i had in hotels.Can i ask what is the brand and model of the Mattress and bed linen used? Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi Aprillim28,
Thank you for your wonderful review on us. I can see that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling. I’m glad that our talent has done a great job in looking after you by our Whatever/Whenever service culture. W Signature beds are the custom designed bed exclusively crafted for W Hotels which you can find from W The Store from this website http://www.whotelsthestore.com/. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime, enjoy your new bed if you purchase it.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the W Bangkok. It is a lovely property with heaps of amenities. The pool was our favorite. We blew off a whole day of site seeing just so we could enjoy sunbathing and swimming. The only annoying thing is that my rewards program said we'd have a comped breakfast for three days, and the W wouldn't honor it, which we thought was ridiculous. Had we known it wouldn't be comped we'd have gone out and not spent $60.00 total for 2 people on one breakfast alone. It was a good breakfast, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy with a coffee and a dumpling, which could have been had anywhere for 20ThB. Also, everything in the room is "for sale" which is kind of annoying. I go to a hotel like that to relax, not to buy stuff.

Room Tip: The beds at the W are amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi Janine R,
Thank you for your great feedback and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stayed with us. I’m so happy to hear that our WET is your favorite place to hang out. Next time if you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had to go back to this place and luckily got an upgrade on my room.. Amazing views, soundproof, clean and the bed is heavenly! Pool and gym are really nice and the location might not be super central, but with taxis in front of the hotel and the bts station around the corner that's no issue at all :)

• Stayed: May 2014
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hi Sander B,
Thank you very much for your great feedback. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with the upgraded room and amazing Bangkok view. The location is in the Business district but there’s only 2 minutes walking distance from the BTS Chong Nonsi and near many big shopping areas which are only 3 stations away to Siam Paragon (Biggest Shopping area center).
Thank you very much for staying with us and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a cool corner room in the W in BK. We had our share of luxury hotels, but this hotel is definetely in our top 5. The room is great, the location is perfect, the Bliss amenities are amazing, but what probably was best is the breakfast. So many things too choose from and everything looks so tasty! WOW! I would definetely recommend this hotel, and make sure you book a breakfast included room.

One minor thing that could be improved, you have to pay for WIFI. This is the 21 century and a five star hotel should offer complimentary in room WIFI. This will however not keep us from going back to the W next time we are in BK.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi LittleBirdFrannie,
Thank you very much for your great review on us. It is good that everything here meets your expectation and we are happy to hear that we are one of the top 5 hotels on your list. Our Executive Chef and the team have worked really hard on the breakfast buffet, I’m glad that you enjoyed it. Free WIFI is available in all public areas. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is stunning!
The room was spectacular, the decoration very cool. Super modern. The reception area is very nice with Thai decoration. The swimming pool is very nice!
Would love to stay there again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014

Hi Veronica W,
Thank you for sharing your great feedback and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can see that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling. We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you again at W Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have traveled a lot, and I have to say this is the BEST hotel I have stayed at in a very very long time. These guys have thought of absolutely everything. The rooms are impeccable - super clean, stylish and comfortable. Gym is also well equipt and open 24 hr. The staff were helpful and friendly. To put it simply, you cannot go past the W at Bangkok. Thanks for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Scottc84
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Scottc84,
Thank you for your positive review on us. We’re thrilled to know that we are the BEST hotel that you have stayed in. I can see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us especially the room facilities and the service with our Whatever/Whenever service culture.
We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you return to W Bangkok.