“Absolutely superb hotel in Bangkok”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #15 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel in February 2014 for one week. We were a large group, attending a wedding. Hotels are usually a place where you only sleep, when you are in a foreign city, but this time it was very different. Bangkok is an amazing city on its own, but to us, the W played a big part of the whole holiday experience. We planned to hang out in the city, but in the end, we spent a lot of time at the hotel, because everything was so inviting. Especially the pool area. It is the best feature of the hotel. Meeting in the morning with our friends there for coffee and a swim, it was priceless. So we often extended this coffee time till lunch. Same story in the evening.
In one word, the hotel is superb! Every single bit of it, it is superb. It starts in the driveway. The hotel looks impressive from the outside, the black modern design is very appealing. The lobby is excellent, very beautiful. The rooms were very comfortble, the beds on of the best I have ever slept in. We liked the whole system in the room, which is controlled via a tablet pc. The bathrooms were also spotless.
The staff is excellent, every one of them. They are so friendly, always trying to give their best for your comfort.
The area in which the hotels is located was at first not the best, but we later figured it wasn’t bad at all. Quite the opposite. The BTS skytrain runs nearby, which takes you to various places in the city and in walking distance is also located the Silom – Patpong area.
If I ever come back to Bangkok, which I sure will, I will for sure choose this hotel again and I can only recommend it to anyone else. But I think it is not for older people. They could find the club music (playing all day and all night – everywhere) and the open bathroom design annoying. But to anyone else – go for it, you won´t regret it for a minute.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi damjan v,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. Reading your review put a large smile on my face as this is exactly what we try to do for all our guests through Whatever/Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the talent as they will be appreciated. I can see that you love most of the aspects in our hotel specially the hotel design, ambiance and hotel facilities. This hotel was built for anyone who loves music, fashion, and design.
We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.
Nick Heath

Write a ReviewReviews (2,624)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

What a fnatastic hotel. From the moment you arrive you are swept in by very pleasant and helpful staff members who are all too glad to assist and with a smile. The main foyer truly makes a statement and is a hint of what the rest of the hotel is like.

Nothing was ever too much for any of the staff with any request we had. Most of the staff spoke english quite well with only one or two struggling to understand, and if they didnt they would transfer you to someone who did. Not a bad location, however Peak hour traffic can make it difficult if you want to cab it out of the hotel. 7/11 downstairs was very conveniant and handy.

Pool and Gym fecilities were very good.

The bedding was extremely comfortable, the only gripe we had was the contemporary styling of the bathroom meant that privacy and praticality was overriden by style. Not so practical for friends or family more for couples.

Would still definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Chromeo89,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can see that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling. I am sure that your comments will make our respective talents happy and ecstatic to hear. We W Bangkok aim to provide the best quality and services possible to ensure that our esteemed guests receive a wonderful hotel experience. Next time you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed for five days in mid-May 2014. The hotel is fantastic - great modern design with lots of funky decor features. Room was great - certainly different to all othe five star hotels I have visited. Pool area was welcome relief to Bangkok's hot weather. Breakfast was superb - it had something for everybody and ranks as the best hotel breakfast I have had. Hotel staff were cheerful and helpful and I would definitely stay here again. Only glitch was that there was something wrong (I think) with my room access card - it sometimes needed to be swiped several times before I could get the elevator to function and when in my room, the lights and power would go off and the card needed to be remove and re-inserted in the reader.
Other than that, the W is a fine hotel that I happily recommend.
My only bad experience was that as the hotel is very new, a few taxi drivers and a tour company had difficulty in locating it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Clive H,
Thank you for your feedback and sharing you experience with us. We try to ensure on a daily basis that our respective talents work together and professionally to provide you a wonderful and unforgettable stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that occurred with your keycard but we will make sure this will not happen again. It is good to hear that you think our breakfast is the best you ever had. Our Executive Chef and the culinary team have worked really hard to provide the best quality food to all our guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in your next stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

They could not do enough for us, they did not know we were on our honeymoon until we got there, but instantly upgraded our room and gave us champagne! The hotel was amazing with loads of gadgets in the room, the best being a free Hand Phone for you to use whilst staying at the hotel with 3G, we used this to get around Hong Kong, it was a great little touch. Very modern and funky place to stay!
Staff were really friendly and the whole hotel was modern chic!

Room Tip: Remember this is Kowloon, but trains are fantastic and cheap and train station is in the same shoppi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi ColinBmiles,
Thank you for the great feedback and I am happy to know that you were satisfied with your overall stay and enjoyed our hotel. Our talents work hard to provide all our guests with the best service quality with our WHATEVER/WHENEVER service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Team.
We are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having just stayed for 6 nights on a business / holiday trip, I can honestly say, my experience @ W was fantastic. The hotel itself is an awesome design, very modern, trendy and an enjoyable environment to be a part of... I stayed in a 'Wonderful Room' which was also very cool - a tablet to control the lights & aircon, trendy design, lots of complimentary water, great shower, a couple of cheeky macaroons sitting on the desk as a welcome... One tiny criticism is the ironing board - it was pretty flimsy & difficult to use - a small thing but something that you notice as a business traveller who always needs freshly ironed shirts. I ordered several meals through room service - all arrived hot each time & really tasty so no complaints there. (the Kitchen Burger is worth a go)
And then arguably most importantly is the staff. They were excellent - always doing things to make life easier for guests. They have a great 'Whatever Whenever' desk & contact number which makes life easy. Whenever I requested something extra like shower gel / DVD's, I got it quickly. The excellent service also extends to the restaurant on the 2nd floor. The breakfast spread was extensive and very high quality. Staff were always great and on the one evening when eating in the restaurant, I had everything I needed and served with a genuine smile. They've managed to master the fine line between being attentive, but not over-attentive. I also recommend the braised lamb!
I would strongly recommend this hotel - mainly for the younger demographic (<40/45) due to the 'funky' nature of the place & downstairs bar converting to more of a club at night. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hi Richard K,
Thank you so much for taking your time and writing us a wonderful review. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our talents work extremely hard to satisfy every guest from their first step into the hotel and we try to provide our Whatever/Whenever service culture to all of our esteemed guests. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback about the braised lamb to our chefs. We are looking forward to welcoming you in near future for you wonderful second stay with us.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just had a wonderful experience at the W hotel bangkok. Service was fantastic, concierge was knowledgable .
Rooms were very clean and the food was good. Breakfast had a great variety.

One of the best sleeps i had in hotels.Can i ask what is the brand and model of the Mattress and bed linen used? Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi Aprillim28,
Thank you for your wonderful review on us. I can see that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling. I’m glad that our talent has done a great job in looking after you by our Whatever/Whenever service culture. W Signature beds are the custom designed bed exclusively crafted for W Hotels which you can find from W The Store from this website http://www.whotelsthestore.com/. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime, enjoy your new bed if you purchase it.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the W Bangkok. It is a lovely property with heaps of amenities. The pool was our favorite. We blew off a whole day of site seeing just so we could enjoy sunbathing and swimming. The only annoying thing is that my rewards program said we'd have a comped breakfast for three days, and the W wouldn't honor it, which we thought was ridiculous. Had we known it wouldn't be comped we'd have gone out and not spent $60.00 total for 2 people on one breakfast alone. It was a good breakfast, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy with a coffee and a dumpling, which could have been had anywhere for 20ThB. Also, everything in the room is "for sale" which is kind of annoying. I go to a hotel like that to relax, not to buy stuff.

Room Tip: The beds at the W are amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi Janine R,
Thank you for your great feedback and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stayed with us. I’m so happy to hear that our WET is your favorite place to hang out. Next time if you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.