“Perfect stay at the W Bangkok”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #30 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the W Bangkok on the 11 June 2014 for 2 nights with my father. Our flight arrived in the morning and we were allowed to check in at 11am. We arrived by taxi but the hotel is conveniently located next to the metro. Being a huge fan of W hotels, I was very excited to experience the W Bangkok.

Welcome Desk:
All the staff at the reception were very polite and helpful. Upon check in, we were approached by the W Insider who gave us a map of Bangkok and gave us a few tips.

Whatever/Whenever:
We used this service to figure out what to do during the day around Bangkok. The Whatever/Whenever agent who helped us was very knowledgeable and gave us a detailed itinerary of what we could do. I also called them because I needed to scan some documents. They took the documents and within 10 minutes I received them by email.

Room:
We had a Cool Corner Room on the 16th floor. The room was very clean and was about the right size for 2 people. I found that the bathroom layout (all glass doors) gave a very cool feeling to the room but I see why some people might hate it.

Wet Deck/Spa:
I went to the Wet Deck everyday to enjoy the free wifi. I didn't use the swimming pool because the weather wasn't that great. I found the Wet Deck staff to be extremely pleasant, always smiling and giving me bottles of water. I went to the Away Spa to take advantage of a promotion that was going on. It was the best spa experience I had. They let you choose the colour of the lights in your treatment room and the whole feeling of the Spa is very relaxing.

F&B outlets:
Overall great service in the Woobar and the Kitchen Table (the set lunch is great value). However, I did encounter a small issue whilst having lunch at the Woobar. I ordered a club sandwich and it took nearly 30 minutes to arrive even though the bar was empty. I wasn't in a hurry so I wasn't bothered too much by this.

I must say that I was so impressed by this hotel and so was my dad (who is in his 60s and isn't the usual W hotel guest). Being a hotel management student in Switzerland and having worked for several international luxury chains, I can say that the W Bangkok is a great hotel. Apart from the small issue I had at the Woobar, our stay was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's visiting Bangkok and who's looking for a cool/fun luxury hotel.

D. Twinn

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank David T
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi david_twinn,
Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback with on us. I can see that you love all the aspects of the hotel and feel that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling. I’m happy to hear that our talent looked after you very well, this is exactly what we try to do for all guests with our Whatever/Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the team. I have noted about the issue you had experienced with and we will improve that to make it better. Thank you again for giving us your feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you here at W Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My Friend and I stayed at the W for three nights. i enjoyed this more than i did other 5 star hotels i have stayed in. the rooms and facilities were state of the art ( although the carpet was a little bit stained which you wouldnt expect from a 5 star property) I enjoyed the tablet next to my bed that controled all the lighting and various other features like the do not disturb light. The bar downstairs had ladies night on fridays with free bubbles for a few hours. The food in the resturant was very average, i would recommend crossing over the train station and finding a little resturant which will also cost 1/4 of the price. the pool and gym facilties were very good. Staff were very helpful and the whole process was very easy. overall it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Hi samalam25,
Thank you very much for your great feedback. It is good to hear that you enjoyed most of the aspects at the hotel especially hotel design and facilities. Yes agreed with you that tablet is very useful when you can do everything all in one. Thank you once again for a very positive review on us and we look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Can't fault this hotel. Very clean, very good service, good location, very helpful staff who will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Very modern and everything works well. Because its fairly new some cab drivers do not know of it. Make sure to get an address card, in Thai, to show the driver. I will be coming back here

Room Tip: For a great view of Bangkok ask for a room on a floor as high as you can get. Its amazing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chisanga C
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi KingChi,
Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback on us. It is good to hear that you enjoyed most of the aspects in the hotel. It is great to see that the team has done a great job in looking after you. It is our pleasure to provide you the friendly and attentive service which made your trip even more wonderful which exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the Talent. We looking forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This W hotel is amazing - I have stayed in a few around the world and this one is the best in terms of value for money. W hotels are usually very pricey but not this one. The pool is quite small but this is a city hotel so I'm not sure it needs to be any bigger. The restaurant is great and the rooms are spacious - definitely recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank polinapetrova

Hi polinapetrova,
Thank you for sharing your great feedback and recommending our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially room and The Kitchen Table restaurant. The swimming pool is 22m in length but because of the oval shape it does make it seem smaller. The WET pool is open and available for use 24/7. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was the first time we stayed in a W. At first glance the design and the general atmosphere may seem a bit too much but it is a part of the fantastic expérience. Just immerse yourself. We enjoyed the quality of the facilities offered by the hotel such as WooBar, restaurant, gym and the fabulous pool on the 6th floor. I particularly want to thank the concierge, she helped us tremendously when we had a problem with my passport requiring several changes of flights. She handled everything with professionalism and rigor. This allowed us to enjoy the stay despite our troubles.The location is excellent, just next to the BTS station, so you can go everywhere very easily. Our stay was unforgettable, we hope to go back there very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi SuperPSpeculoos,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. It is good to hear that you enjoyed all the aspects at the hotel especially our facilities. I’m glad that you got to experience our Whatever/Whenever service culture from our Talent. They are definitely an asset for us and this is exactly what we try to do for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to spend a night there when my girlfriends invited me to have free sparkling wine 'Girls Bubbles' at Woobar. I cant believe they give away free drinks for girls. (Great to be a woman, eh?) We were took care by khun Bank and Mr. Mohawk

The room we got is so modern, clean and how to describe 'sparkling'. Everything controls by tablet - light, ac and wake up call. What I love most is the bed and the gloves. Love it!
Moreover, my fav necklace was torn.I called Whatever whenever for help. Not long, khun tum engineer came to fix it. Thank you..
The last but not least, breakfast.. We were blown away by choices. Food served in cute package. Yummy!
I will definitely come back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Technaja

Hi Technaja,
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. We are thrilled to know that you like our room design and the ambiance of the hotel. To have the tablet in our room is definitely a great feature and glad you enjoyed it. Our talents work hard to provide all our guests with the best service quality with our WHATEVER/WHENEVER service culture and also with our beverage and food team, they work hard to provide you with the best breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your personal thanks to the talent you mentioned. We are looking forward to welcoming you in thenear future for you wonderful second stay with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is absolutely spectacular! I’ve stayed at plenty of W hotels, but this one is the best one I’ve ever stayed in! The décor inside the lobby and our room was amazing. The attention to detail is amazing. My wife and I truly enjoyed the style, the furniture, and the ambiance of the hotel. We ate in the restaurant (The Kitchen Table) and their burger was spectacular! I didn’t expect it to be that great, but it was a very nice surprise! The temp intern/employee at the restaurant was super friendly and came to talk to us after the meal. She gave us an amazing recommendation to see the sunset down by the river to catch an amazing view of Wat Arun. She went downstairs, got the name of the place and directions, and gave them to us. That was a truly spectacular show of service! I cannot remember her name, but thank you! We went to the place you told us, and we absolutely LOVED it!

As I mentioned, we loved the décor in our room. I loved how everything was controlled by the tablet, I’ve never seen that in a hotel before. That was definitely very cool and shows the hotel is ahead of the game. While I liked how the bathroom was decorated, I had one big issue. The faucet was very stylish and had a long neck. I immediately knew by looking in the sink and seeing the silver “stopper” (not movable either) that this would splash water everywhere, no matter how little you turned the water on. And it did exactly that. Water was splashing everywhere in and out of the sink, I mean EVERYWHERE. Somebody thought that form was more important than function here. As a person who suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), this was a big issue for me. For me, water going the sink needs to stay there; otherwise it’s very upsetting. While this created a huge problem for me, I was able to creatively get around it because we only stayed there for one day. Last, there was no hair dryer in the room. We had to call to get one sent up.

We visited the pool for a few hours and loved the unique pool setup. The pool has amazing tiles and colors and was very relaxing. There were very few people up there, and that made it even better. It was great enjoying the pool with skyscrapers all around you.

I really want to give this hotel 5 stars because of how trendy and the super service from the lady in the restaurant, but I cannot. I’m going to give it 4 stars b/c of the faucet issue. Whoever designed it should have thought about how much it would splash everywhere. It’s probably not a issue for most people, but it is for people who are germophobes. I hope they can find a fix for this issue.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi a300zx4pax,
Your comment has put a large smile on my face as we are thrilled to know that you consider us one of the best W hotels you have stayed in. I’m happy to hear that our talent looked after you very well, this is exactly what we try to do for all guests with our Whatever/Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the team. We’re sorry about the faucet and I have noted your point and will discuss with the team. Next time if you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.