“‘W’ Experienced”

Ranked #42 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“‘W’ Experienced”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A warm welcome to a fond farewell from the leader of the hotel makes our reunion trip a memorable experienced. Room was clean and spacious with a nice welcome amenities. We like the ‘Bliss’ bathroom amenities and with a good water pressure gives you a relaxing shower. This is not my first stay in this hotel and the feel still remained the same as before. The associates makes the difference to the hotel. Breakfast food at the hotel may not be the best but the ambience is good enough to complement the restaurant.
’W’ we will visit you again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi MLMark,
Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome back to W Bangkok. I am glad you had such a great time during your second stay with us. Our talents work hard to provide all our guests with the best service quality with our WHATEVER/WHENEVER service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them. Thank you very much once again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to W Bangkok.
Nick Heath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for about 10-15 nights a month for the past two months, so I know it pretty well now. I've been a lurker on Tripadvisor for several years and have always thought about posting a review but just never got around to it. But now finally, the service at the W has been just so phenomenal and I couldn't be any happier... that lazy ol' me has finally gotten around to actually creating an account on here and posting a review!

Everything from the moment the car pulls up through the front gates to check out has been a wonderful experience. If you can spring for the airport pick up, do that too. You won't regret it (especially with the wifi in the luxury van).

I have to point out especially Arthur, Yusi, and Pim in the Whatever Whenever team, who have gone out of their way to accommodate my special requests. (Sorry if I'm misspelling any names.) At the front desk, Joje, Dream, Min, and Pon have been incredibly friendly and welcoming. The bellboy and valet team at the front of the hotel--I can't remember all their names right now, but they've been fantastic at holding packages I've had delivered to the hotel every day and with carting around all my heavy luggages (I store 4 luggages at the hotel on a regular basis)--Get, Kyo, Yab, Boy, Christ, and the other guys! And I have to thank Kay Jay at the concierge desk for helping me take care of some business documents and for just everyday assistance. Thanks also to Min and the wake up call team for the sweet wake up calls and sending up my coffee while I'm still in bed :) And to the room service team for all the comp'ed fresh cookies and sweet treats and for heating up my special meals. This feels like an Oscar speech or something, but hey, you guys totally rock and have helped to make my new life in Bangkok just awesome! The service here is better than any boutique hotel I've ever visited.

The facilities are of course hip and make you feel like you live in a cool club lounge, but not annoyingly so (other W properties I've stayed in have let their party vibe get way too intrusive), and there are plenty ways to enjoy a completely quiet, relaxing, and pampering stay.

Great location, too, with the BTS station right across the parking lot and the Starbucks, Dean and Deluca, 7-11 next door, plus a ton of banks. There's a Virgin Active and Fitness First right next door too, in case you want more than a good hotel gym.

All in all, this is the best hotel in the city for a perfect balance of relaxation, business, and fun!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Sathorn Road are nicer.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Traveled_Scholar
Hi Traveled_Scholar,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on us. Your comments put a large smile on my face as I can feel that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and everything satisfied you with our Whatever/Whenever service culture. Our talents work extremely hard to satisfy every guest from their first steps into the hotel and we try to provide the best service to all our guests. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the talents you have mentioned as they will be really appreciated. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same or better experience.
Postira, Croatia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I call it simply W Factor ;-) Not cheap but WOW. Should or stay or should i go is the question we asked ourself every day. It´s really hard to leave such a stylish and hip place. The breakfast buffest was adorable an so was the dinner. High End designed rooms. 150% Recommendation!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jelica K
Hi Jelica K,
Thank you very much for your great feedback and recommendation on us. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us especially the room design. The culinary team has worked really hard on the breakfast buffet to ensure a variety of choices.
We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you return to W Bangkok.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wow, what can i say? This is one of the best hotels i've stayed so far. Worth every $$$. Staffs are extremely helful & friendly. Very convenient, subway is about 5 min walk. Design is very funky & the room is spacious. Very clean. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 961Catherine182
Hi 961Catherine182,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on us. We are thrilled to know that we are one of the best hotels you’ve stayed so far and we would like to continuing being so. I am happy to know that our talents looked after you really well and provided you the best of our Whatever/Whenever service culture. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was top notch and certainly lived up to our previous stays in W hotels around the world. Staff could not be better and the rooms and decor were great. Close to a ton of amenities, great bar and restaurant. Can't say much more except we highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rik L
Hi Rik L,
Thank you very much for your great comments and recommendation of W Bangkok. We are glad you were satisfied by our Whatever/Whenever service culture, this is exactly what we try to do for our guests. We look forward to making sure you have the same experience the next time you stay with us at W Bangkok.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ummmmmmmmm, or should ii say muuuuuuuuuwaaaaaah!!!
Well that maybe be a very non-serious start to any review, but the W feels nice!! really nice!

Firstly away from the hustle bustle of sukhumvit and yet not so far away that if one want to be there one cant be.

W is a very young feel hotel and yet not going to the kiddish side where one starts feeling gimmicky. its out of the box hotel concept and breaking away from the mundane boring serious hotel feel, which in fact is a refreshing change. Entry reception lobby has it all the check in the concierge the little market feel and a hip looking lounge which is also a bar for relaxing evenings.

Rest room on lobby floor , impressive.
Elevator impressive (didn't care much for the light mural in the lift lobby on level one).
room levels impressive have a nice wide corridors and each floor has a differentiation still keeping the design same, it felt nice the room doors and the room number details are attractive and eye catching.

Rooms are nice spacious and different from the usual hotel room style.
the bathroom is impressive but can be a bit obtrusive on privacy if its a twin sharing room, multi reflection from the extensive use of glass , one doesn't know what seen from where at which angle. (suggestion: for those who may feel uncomfortable about that fact, some option of screening can be added in the twin rooms at least).

Room facilities are well thought of , room service is good too , housekeeping is impressive and over all comfort in the room is worth mentioning.

The kitchen table, is the restaurant on the 2nd floor, felt nice to have breakfast there each morning so well taken care of feeling in that place. it is wonderful. the array of buffet , the food quality and most importantly the service. Must mention Alex and Dominic, who took special care, not just of me , but each table each guest, very warm and impressive feeling.

Hotel setting and decor and feel is one part, but the heart and soul is the service and the staff interaction. My check in was past midnight and was handled with equal freshness and speed as it would be expected in the day time.
My check out was during morning hours and i was extremely late and was rushing, but again the customer interaction and handling by staff at reception was a breeze. Not only did the handle it super efficiently but also engaged so well that all the tension of the rush was eased out and every thing went on smooth and was comfortably walked to the car and seen off with so much warmth that one does feel to want to come back again, Special mention of the staff at check out reception Ms. Min and Mr. Chai. Thank you both for making the see of so affectionate.
Keep it up W, wish you well for the future.
Cheers!!!!

Room Tip: to my mind all rooms are nice , i have said what i wanted to about the sharing room in the review. b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Looknfeel
Hi Looknfeel,
Thank you for taking your time writing your wonderful feedback. I can feel that you left the hotel with a memorable stay and I can see that you enjoyed all the aspects of the hotel. Our Executive Chef and culinary team have worked really hard on the buffet setup and taste of breakfast where we pride ourselves in offering our guests with a wide variety of choice, served in the highest quality possible manner to ensure the best of flavours. I will be sure to pass on your comment to Alex, Dominique, Min, and Chai who looked after you during your stay and provide Whatever/Whenever service culture as they are definitely an asset for us and this is exactly what we try to do for our guests. Thank you very much for staying with us and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.
Japan
Reviewed 7 August 2014

the best hotel in singapore. trust me it worth every penny.Great hotel and super friendly staff. Like the stay and as hotel is pretty new, it will be 100% if they have pool, gym and room service. But overall, room is in super good condition, lighting and cleanliness of the room is perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi futasugiyas,
Thank you for your great review on us but I am not sure if this is for W Bangkok, nonetheless you can visit us on your next vacation.