“My favorite hotel in Bangkok”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #42 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“My favorite hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

I go to Bangkok quite often on work and have found this to be one of the best hotels in town. Barring W Taipei, it's probably my favorite W in Asia. Right from the lobby bar to the decor and service, the place exceeds expectations on almost every front.

The only negative point is that it's not close to the city center so requires some travel if you plan to visit sukhumvit often.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Hi Nogoodsnleft,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are thrilled hear that you consider us to be one of the best hotels in town. I can see that you enjoyed the ambiance and hotel design. We try to ensure that all our guests have a WOW experience thanks to our Whatever/Whenever service culture. Our location is in the CBD but it is only 3 stations away to the biggest shopping center area by sky train; and the bar, restaurants, and bistros that have recently opened in Soi 10-12, just a block away, are making this the most happening area in town.
Thank you again for giving us your feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you here at W Bangkok in the near future.

Nick Heath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

It was our 7th anniversary and I decided to take a weekend trip to Bangkok. I booked a spectacular room with breakfast. I arrived late due to flight delay. When I arrived, the receptionist welcomed me by saying We have upgraded you to spectacular room. I then said, but I paid for spectacular room. So, although I was SPG Gold member, I was not offered an upgrade because ALL SUITES are full!

The room was nicely decorated with balloons, cupcakes and a personal message from the GM. That was very sweet. The spectacular room is spacious. Decor was nice. View was OK. BED is great! Pillow is great.

Next morning, we had buffet breakfast. However, it was overwhelming busy! The waiters and waitresses were dashing around the shop floor - with a smile though. The food quality was OK only. Not a great breakfast. Food were cold and dried as it was left hanging for quite some time.

Swimming pool was nice. I did my ICE bucket challenge in the swimming area. But the Pool manager told me FIRMLY that I can only do it in the showering area. Without Please or Thank you.

I have to say, W hotel is always my choice. However, Whatever Whenever service is not really up to its standard. I have to say its Mother Hotel Westin does provide a better personal service and provide a real whatever whenever service. E.G Singapore Westin is far better than W in Bangkok. W Miami is slightly better than W Bangkok but still, Singapore Westin is the best SPG I have stayed in so far.

I don't mind I am not being provided extra stuff by being a loyal SPG member. BUT, may I remind SPG that we do have lots of choices in this world. I have to say HHonors, Intercontinental and Le Club (Pullman) do give a better rewards / upgrades to their loyal customers than SPG. I think we should rethink next time when we book a hotel room!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DrSYu
Hi DrSYu,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and happy anniversary to both of you. I’m glad that you liked the room amenities that we set up in your room and the W signature bed. We try to ensure on a daily basis that our respective talents work together and professionally for our guests to enjoy a wonderful and unforgettable stay. I would like to apologize for the experience that was not up to your expectation. . I will definitely send this comment to our respective talents to ensure that it does not happen again. We hope that you will reconsider W Bangkok and give it a try in the future as we will ensure that your stay will be a positive and memorable one.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very flashy and chick. We enjoyed this place a lot. Shimmery feel everywhere in room was just too delightful. Bathrooms can be bit more brighter in my view. Hotel location is bit far but yet malls are accessible through train so no complain as such

• Stayed October 2013
Hi hemalien,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed most of the aspects at the hotel. I have taken of your comment about lighting in the bathroom and will discuss with my team about it. As you mentioned, we are located in the heart CBD, so you don’t have hawkers on the streets as soon as you leave the hotel and it is in a quieter area but we are only 1 station away from Patpong night market and night clubs, 2 stops to the river where you can visit Asiatique or 3 stops to Siam where all the major shopping malls are.

We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you return to W Bangkok.

Hongkong
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we booked the hotel at a last minutes - for our 4 day BKK leisure trip, and we decided at last to give a try of the W @bkk, prior to heading back st regis BKK for the rest of our stay.

Previously, we read lots of mix review, somewhat hesitate about what to expect - arrived the hotel past mid night, warmly greeted by night duty manager Khun Tan and Khun Phon - we quickly checked into a lovely marvelous suite, followed by a courteous a call from front deck to make sure we got all the assistance we needed... at that point- we know we will be back.

the room was nicely decorated, filled with "W' "Chi", modern, funny yet no shortage of class. well done! tho we were somewhat let down by recent stay at W san diego and W san francisco, this property swiftly put W back to our map!

we did not wake up early enough to catch the breakfast, but ordered club sandwich and drinks by the pool, it was tasty and fairly priced. Though we noticed the property yet to have many restaurant options comparing to its peer W HK or W guangzhou,

All in all, it's a nice alternative choice for BKK, location can be a bit out of the way, yet close to highway (via taxi) and within walks to BTS. a sleek cool hotel with constantly improving services.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MXHK
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi MXHK,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay and liked many aspects at W Bangkok, especially our decoration in Marvelous Suite and service. Next time if you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. Thank you very much for staying with us and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I usually stay at this hotel for my business trip which by far is one of the best hotels. The location is truely amazing and very convenient to move around especially the hectic town such as Bangkok. To have BTS station nearby, is already a blessing to provide in terms of transportation. The room set up is very effecient and fulfilling all my needs as always with my busy schedule. Staffs are very friendly and know me as soon as I step into their doors. Their attention to detail for Housekeeping team is great to observe what I want and place thing where I want. It is definitely a plus when I like particular thing placed. Breakfast options are great which accommodated both world of Eastern and Western world perfectly combined. Thank you again for looking after me. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: This room is hip and trendy. Family might not be the most suitable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Challenger302014
Hi Challenger302014,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. So happy to know that you enjoyed all the aspect at the hotel. It is good to hear that our talents look after you so well and provided you with our Whatever/Whenever service culture and were able to meet your expectation. Our culinary team work hard to provide the best quality of food possible for all our guests, I’m glad you liked it.
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Chongqing, Chongqing, China
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our room was spacious and comfortable.
Great for young people - older people and business customers would find the hotel too noisy.
Wood bar- very popular has great drink specials- and good DJ
Breakfast was good- .
Enjoyed the gym - great equipment- and friendly staff.
Pool a little too small with so many people staying at the hotel.
Was a great location for my husband work- other wise for a holiday would stay closer to the city centre.

Room Tip: Higher rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wendy C
Hi Wendy C,
Thank you very much for your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room, vibe at WOOBAR, and hotel facilities. Although our hotels’ swimming pool is quite limited in terms of size at 23m in length, the thing that stands out is that it is accessible 24 hours a day. It is good to see that the team has done a great job in looking after you. They are definitely an asset for us, I will be sure to pass on your comment to them.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at W Bangkok for 2 nights last week. The service I received was great and the room condition was always perfect. The room and beddings are so comfortable and I really didn't want to leave the room. Also 24 hours pool and gym is one of the merits of staying and all facilities are well maintained. The buffet at breakfast has good range, not too much but all has high quality. They delivered wrong omelet, but I didn't care as the rest of them were so good. I was so pleased with W Bangkok and would stay again in the near future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hi Yoo jung L,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m happy to hear that everything was up to your expectation provided by our Whatever/Whenever service culture. I can see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us especially W signature bed, hotel facilities, breakfast and our WET pool. Next time you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.