“Excellent food, service, ambiance”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #118 of 11,742 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Retro and modern in a mix of intricate detail and sophisticated simplicity. - Food is our passion and it is our aim to establish the benchmark in Southeast Asia for a contemporary, specialised steakhouse concept. We opened our first restaurant in 2011 and went our way from Saigon to Hanoi, Bangkok to Koh Samui, eight restaurants, and it is still the same joy. We are proud to serve you the finest steakhouse-style food, using only the best available meat products sourced from selected farms in Victoria, New South Wales and individual farmers and ranchers in the United States. This is all about the original flavour of the naturally raised meat, paired with the offer of our own steakhouse classics, as well as a modern approach on ingredients, preparation and combinations. Let your sense of taste be awoken with an aperitif, let the juicy meat melt in your mouth, dive into the latest wine treasures and find in a selection of cigars a peaceful retreat from the bustling world around.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Close friend invited me for my birthday gift to El Gaucho, and the evening was lovely all around. Very crowded dining room, reservations mandatory. Expensive cuts of steak, but my rib eye was grilled to perfection. Pepper sauce on side was superb, and the creamed spinach was heavenly. Wait staff were attentive, and one of assistant managers was kind enough to treat our trio of diners to several complimentary after-dinner shots of divine Polish vodka. Would happily return any time in near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

My son and I had a dinner here just few minutes ago. It's really great steakhouse in BKK.

We had two kind of 230g steak with mushroom and pepper sauce. Both are really delicious.

Don't forget that if you wanna have a dinner here, you'd better reserve the seat. It's really crowded.

Simply the best.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Good location across from the Westin and next to Terminal 21. We had seen many people in the outdoor seating area on several proceeding evenings. We went inside on a Sunday night and it was crowded. Staff was friendly and spoke good English. Food and wine was very good, but expensive. Place had a nice vibe to it due to the music, decor, and parade of customers coming and going. Felt like the staff was committed, and proactive. The manager came over and gave us some vodka shots, and chatted for awhile. Plenty of smiles and thanks when we left. Best for a special occasion. Don't go if you resent having to pay for an upscale evening.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Read the reviews and it appears one either loved it or hated it. It's just next to my hotel and I was bored with thai food after 3 days so I decided to try it . It seemed crowded, and I sat outside. It was nice until an annoying smoker sat at a table close by. Service was mainly Filipinos and Vietnamese who spoke decent English. The bread was either freshly baked or heated in the oven, either way, it was nice and warm. The steaks are expensive, either USDA prime, or Australian. The sides were also extra charge. I ordered mine medium and it came medium well. They kindly offered to replace it. The second one was also overcooked , I decided to forge through it and realise the problem - they probably don't cook it evenly. My steak went from medium well to medium to medium rare with each bite. The owner was nice enough to waive my glass of wine and apologized. The waitresses were also apologetic. At least my sautéed mushrooms were delicious. All in all, it's all good. The steak wasn't perfect but the service made up for it

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I had a wonderful dinner here during this trip and was really spoilt by great and attentive service, warm ambience and a wonderful meal. Inspite of it being peak hour on a Friday night the staff was relaxed, efficient, friendly and smiling, and one could feel that they are passionate about what they do! Thanks for taking a solo travellor in and not making him feel less welcome than groups!

Been to El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!