“Very poor experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 598 Bangkok B&B and Inns
London
“Very poor experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Where do I even start with this place? Positives clean room and good location, but everything else was a total shambles.

Although the staff were very smiley most of my really simple and clear requests were met with blank faces or ignored completely. For example after 2 nights (so 3 days) no one had come to make up our room so the bin (and thus dirty toilet tissue) were overflowing and we had no toilet paper. As I went out in the morning I asked the staff cleaning the room next door if it could be cleaned but when I returned in the early afternoon it hadn't been touched. So when I went out again I asked again, when I got back that night - still nothing! Other requests such as a map or if they knew where there was a gym nearby were just met with a "sorry". We asked a staff member to book a taxi to the airport for 6am, when we turned up at 6am he had no idea what we were talking about.

The bathroom looked nice but tap was broken, we never had any hot water and the drains smelt awful. Also, very weirdly, there was piped music played into the corridor constantly, but it was SO LOUD it could be heard very loudly in the room.

We asked to extend our stay by a night on the second day (trust me, not out of choice but we couldn't get transport to our next stop sooner) and were told no problem. Yet on our third day I was asked if I was checking out. After denying knowledge of our request, I was then told the only room they had had water leaking from the aircon, I said this wasn't acceptable and eventually they "found" the extension of my booking.

Breakfast was pretty dire too. The coffee was the worst I've ever had and the rest of it didn't taste fresh. The worst part was how slow it was though - we waited 45 minutes and all they had to do was fry 2 eggs! There wasn't even anyone else waiting!

And this is not a cheap hotel! I've had better service in places that were 20% of the price. Really avoid this place, it made what was meant to be nice time inBangkok incredibly stressful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Littleladylynch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I enjoyed a comfortable month at this clean modern B&B, being treated like royalty by the charming staff! You may pay a bit more here than you would at some of the places in nearby Khaosan Rd, but it's really in a different class.

My only gripe was that the internet was unreliable for two of the four weeks I was there. However, the ISP may have been somewhat to blame for this, and I understand it was sorted out eventually.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank PeteDude
edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

My wife and I stayed four nights at the beginning of May 2013. Hostel was wonderful, but somewhat difficult to get to from the airport except by taxi which costs about 450baht. We were able to walk to most of the temples and palaces and to Khao San road from the hostel. The staff were so friendly and the food was great and cheap. If we were going back to Bangkok we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Owen D
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

The service at the hostel or bed & breakfast as they call it is top class! Everyone, absolutely everyone is so polite and ready to help and they will go extra mile to make you feel cared about. Alought single rooms are tiny and not cheep, the location, cleanliness and contemporary furnishing make you feel good. This is not place to meet other travelers but if you need to recharge your batteries and have peace of mind nothing can beat it. Internet is fast and reliable everywhere...so skype calls are never interupted ;-). Also A/C is working great being very quiet and effective. The only thing I was missing was little fridge in the room.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MaRaS74
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed at the Baan Dinso Guest House for a week in April 2013 and loved it. The location is great (within walking distance of many attractions). the service was great, the rooms impeccable, breakfasts are really good and plentiful. I have nothing negative to say about this guest house other than if you are a light sleeper I recommend you bring a set of earplugs. The Guest House is located on a very busy intersection and there will be some noise. I had my plugs so I was ok...
Hope you enjoy as I did!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marc C
valderoure
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was surprised by this hostel.it is very clean,the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is very good.if i will come back in the future i will stay here again.Internet is free.Not fare away from Khao sun road.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thomas w
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Girls at the desk were very friendly and spoke good English. The boys who did the cleaning etc didn't speak any English, and although they were polite they were noisy all the time.

The room was pretty small but it was enough. Had aircon and was clean.
Shared bathrooms were always clean too.
The whole hostel looks pretty new and clean.

The downside was mainly the location. Had to catch a taxi or Tuk Tuk to get to the subway or sky train station. The ferry was about 10-15min walk and Koh San Road was also about 10-15min walk.
Nothing really around the hotel unless you eat Mcdonalds.

My guess is that there would be similar places, for the same price with more convenience.

Tip: If you are going to stay here, take a picture of the Democracy monument or get the address written for you in Thai, because no one I asked knew where it was and it was a mission to get there!

• Stayed March 2013