“Perfect for Solo Traveller”

Baan Dinso @ Ratchadamnoen
Ranked #61 of 632 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Perfect for Solo Traveller”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Perfect little place to stay if you want to be away from Khao San Road but within walking distance. Central to most temples, the river and close to Siam - MBK etc.

Room was great, enough room for belongings, air conditioning which was much needed and dont be put off my the shared bathroom, its so quiet that it feels like its your own anyway and you never have to wait for anybody else.
Breakfast was brilliant, 3 choices to satisfy everybody and the staff were really helpful in any respect.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brad M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had booked at the hotel starting for three nights (last night). This was the night of the large rally which was RIGHT in front of the hotel. There was a risk of violence and the rally/demonstration was VERY loud. I was told by a local shopkeeper that there was a real risk for violence...(the opposing group was coming in that night) . He highly suggested I get as far away as possible. Well......... With the risk of violence and the VERY loud speakers... And thousands of people....... The hotel is not willing to give me a credit. I will have to dispute this through my credit card. NOTTTTTTTTTT impressed!!!!! In addition, one of the people talked about the internet being down in October. It still is!

Room Tip: I don't know much in terms of ratings..... Other than the service is horrendous
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rita T
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

There is currently no wifi in the rooms (or reception which makes things challenging for staff. Common room has wifi). Staff said it is being fixed. The street is really noisy as its directly on a busy roundabout (traffic not partygoers)... However right now (Oct 30th evening) the front pavement is being jackhammered up. There is no part of the hostel that could avoid this really loud noise. If you're looking at checking in now I would avoid it and perhaps stay at the other Baan Dinso? That said, I have a single private room and it is comfortable and clean, air conditioner is extremely effective and I have a flat screen TV. Staff are very friendly (language barrier is a big challenge but I expect that when I don't speak the local language) and breakfast is great. If I had been told about temporary issues of noise and wifi connectivity I would not have booked here.

• Stayed October 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For those who are traveling through and want to get the Khao San Road experience, Baan Dinso 2 is a good, safe place to call home for a couple nights. I stayed here both at the beginning and end of my trip as it was a nice way to slowly ease into being in Thailand. It's a very, very touristy area so don't think you'll see the real culture of Bangkok but alas, it is a spectacle for travelers when coming through SE Asia.

The hotel itself is comfortable and very clean, the breakfast is nice, and I feel secure about keeping my bags there. A bit pricier than the surrounding hotels / hostels but it's a good spot and you'll be safe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you look for a place that is not expensive but is willing to pay a bit more than a dodgy and doubtful hostel in Khao San Road, this is place is a good option. I had a good stay as the place is very clean and the staff is helpful. Good proce considering the location and single room conditions (that were great). I point two negative issues: 1) breakfast with limited options; 2) Only 1 PC available for guests in the common area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dublin
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in September 2013.

Positives- the place is clean, staff are friendly.

Negatives- the rooms are tiny with nowhere to hang clothes. The shared bathrooms were confusing. On our floor there was only a mens room, so you have to travel floors to have a shower. The complimentary breakfast is TINY, I was still starving after it. The WiFi is an absolute joke - says its included in the price so you would think it would work, did not work at all. Even the hotel receptions computer didnt work which was really irritating as firstly we emailed in advance to request an early check in - they never got the email. Then when I needed to print boarding passes it didnt work again. Had to go a random travel agents and beg them to let me use thier computer. Last negative, we asked them to order a taxi for the airport which they never did.

You can get a much better hotel that has rooms with bathrooms for the price we paid.

• Stayed September 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I can't write enough positive things about Baan Dinso Hotel. I believe I am a discerning traveller--15 years law enforcement experience. I could not be happy with my choice of Hotel selection. I have lodged with Baan Dinso for almost 10 days now, and will be booking long-term month lodging.

First, I did a Google Search to "Top 10 Hotels in Bangkok." Baan Dinso @ Ratchadamnoen was named. From here, I read reviews, and booked reservations on-line. I am a traveller from Hawai'i, USA--arriving to Bangkok to teach. Timely response from Baan Dinso staff to reservations, special request for "quiet room," and courtesy map of directions from Bangkok Airport to Hotel, and to provide for the taxi driver from Airport.

Baan Dinso @ Ratchadamnoen provides excellent rates, simple appointed decorum. Hotel is aesthetic, perfectly tidy, clean, and well maintenance. Lovely restaurant in hotel which is open 24 hours a day. Location is quite local, a historic district, and sits just in front of Baan Dinso 2, is Democracy Monument--beautiful, austere.

The staff members of Baan Dinso 2 are the ribbon on the package! All will go out of their way to help any guest. I had problems with my phone trying to make international phone. The staff went to great length to assist. Any foreign traveller will be looked after carefully.

With great confidence, I recommend Baan Dinso @ Ratchadamnoen for any travellers--couple, singles, family. It has been a lovely experience. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business