“quiet and clean oasis in busy bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tara Place

Tara Place
Ranked #53 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“quiet and clean oasis in busy bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel was very new, rooms were clean and looked fresh.
It was very nice to relax in this quiet hotel after a long day in busy and chaotic bangkok.. Location was great. At walking distance of Khaosan road and the hotel offers a free shuttle tuktuk service to, for example, Grand Palace.
Breakfast was included in the rate and it was good.

Room Tip: we stayed in the back of the hotel and the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lot_Dub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in November, 2013 and the room in the new building were great, better than I expected, although noisy some nights. The location was about a 10 minute walk to the nearest water taxi stop and 15 minutes to the Khao San Road area. The restaurant in front of the hotel served a good breakfast. Although the travel agency staff associated with the hotel were great, they booked a less than acceptable trip to Cambodia with another agency. In fairness, this is a common problem and scam anytime you try to get overland to Siem Reap from Bangkok. I recommend flying.

Room Tip: Try to make sure you are not next to any noisy groups as the walls are thin.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have just been there for two nights and are really happy with the decission we take on choosing Tara place. It is very clean, big room, nice staff and close to the main touristic attractions.
If had to say somethng negative, maybe that you can hear almost everything, walls seem to be thin, but so they are in the hotel we're now in Chiang Mai so probably is something common.
We will go there again if we come back to bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ISABEL R
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here as I wanted to experience Banglamphu without ending up in some horrible backpacker fleapit. The hotel is about a five minute walk from Khao San Road with its bars and so on, and had I not already visited them (trekking over from Patpong) earlier in my holiday it would have been a good base for visiting the Grand Palace and Wat Pho.

I wouldn't say the hotel is amazing value for money, but I think by Bangkok standards the price is reasonable-verging-on-good for the quality of the accommodation.

I turned up about 7am rather dishevelled after an all-night bus trip from Chiang Mai. My room wasn't ready but I went out for breakfast and a wander and was allowed to check in just after 9am, which I thought was pretty good given the nominal check-in time is something like midday.

The room was clean and modern, the bathroom was one of the nicest I came across anywhere in Thailand.

The wifi worked OK, though since this is a "proper hotel" it would be too simple to just have one password for the wifi network which guests are given, you have to use your web browser to enter your own private username and password, and then repeat that if you haven't used it for a few hours.

The air-conditioning also worked fine.

The staff were very helpful and advised me how to get to Don Mueang airport for my flight out and how much time to allow for the journey, they got me a taxi off the street to take me there as well.

I would definitely consider staying here again. It's not the hotel's fault, but Banglamphu is not very well connected to the public transport in Bangkok (unless you feel comfortable using the buses). I had quite a bit of trouble trying to get taxi drivers to understand where I wanted to go, even after showing them a sheet of hotel notepaper (which didn't have the address in Thai script). Saying "Khao San Road" sometimes, but not always, got me at least that far so I could walk the rest of the way.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ZornsLemma
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were more than happy that of all the other hotels in Bangkok we chose Tara Place, because it has everything you would need for a stay in Bangkok. This place was clean, cozy and quiet. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was fantastic - just around the corner is a lovely cafe where they serve breakfast for hotel guests - you can choose from the traditional Thai porridge, pancakes to the European style cooked eggs. Tara Place is a 10-20 minutes walking distance from all main tourist attractions and also from Soi Rambuttri street and Khaosan Road.At the same time it is in a quiet street a little further away from all the noise. If you don't want to go deep to the city, you may find some street food, bars and massage parlors just a few steps away. If we ever go back to Bangkok, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zuikiai
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights total in Tara Place, and had a great time. Location is great, as you are in walking distance to the Palace, Wat, and Khao San Road, while being relatively quiet, which I think is probably hard to find if you want that area. The rooms are quite new looking, and very clean.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We actually booked 3 nights right away, and then realized that the third night we would actually end up taking a night bus to Krabi, so when we asked if we could cancel (it was through Booking, and technically we could not cancel it), they said no, however asked if we would be coming back through Bangkok (which we were), and if so, we could just move the one day to later on in our trip. We did that, and it was great, as we then could schedule out our trip a bit more.

Tara Place was a bit above our backpacker budget for accommodations, however it was worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Winnipeg1234
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

It's simply home away from home. Front desk, support staff n all in the hotel were extremely helpful. Kept us informed all the time. So we never felt alone in Bangkok. .. Thanks to O n her colleagues. ...

• Stayed November 2013