“Comfortable, Clean and Value for money !!”

3Howw Hostel Khaosan
Ranked #104 of 1,194 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
“Comfortable, Clean and Value for money !!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at the hostel for 5 nights and it was really good. The hostel was clean. The entertainment area is a good addition and the hotel staff is really friendly and sweet. Khaon san road is at a walking distance. I would certainly recommend it to solo travellers as well as group travellers.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Chintan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Rotterdam
Reviewed 20 March 2013

When l got to Bangkok l was a bit lost and overwhelmed by the madness going on, but when l got to 3 Howw l felt at home right away. Its located in a quite street just 10 min from Koh San Road, the rooms are clean, beds are big, you have your own locker and they have airco everywhere. The nicest thing about this place is the staff, they are so friendly and they will help you with anything! I ended up staying a week cause its just such a nice place to stay, meet people and chill! If you are in Bangkok, go to 3 Howw!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Anna2606
Mendoza, Argentina
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

To date I have stayed in four different hostels/guesthouses in Bangkok and this is the one I'd go back to. I stayed in the dorm, which was clean, with fresh sheets and nice towels, and each person has thei own electric outlet, reading light, and medium sized locker. Oh, and very important- there is a/c. The place seems secure with locks on the dorm doors and the main door as well. internet worked pretty fast and I even got a good signal in the bedroom. There's a TV room where there are usually a few people lounging around, plus a computer and table space near the lobby where it's essy to meet people. My favorite part was it was only a 10 min walk to Khoa San Road, which is awesome because you can easily come and go from there, but you're not in the midst of the madness. Breakfast is available for extra, but I also found a cute restaurant just on the next block which had good, cheap breakfast.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1ERomi
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hostel. It is located 10-15 minutes from the Khao San Road (weather seriously affects the speed of walking! Very hot so walking slowly takes 15 mins) As a result it is incredibly quiet at night. The taxi found it very difficult to locate the hostel and the locals also weren't much help when we got lost one even. Make sure you bring a Thai translation or map when you leave. The hostel accommodated us for a late night arrival without notifying them we were going to be late and even took the time to give us a tour when we arrived. They arranged a last minute floating market tour for 3 and even put out breakfast 30 mins earlier than normal when we needed to be picked up early (breakfast not incl in room rate). The room was clean and air con was quiet. The beds were a little on the hard side, but not the worst I've slept on! On the negative side, we stayed on 4th floor and the steps are very steep. The female showers ran cold if 3 showered at the same time and the toiletries were not refilled in all cubicals. There was also no shower curtain in one stall, but that was replaced during our stay. Overall, a nice hostel, especially for Bangkok

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank meeziemoo
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We received the best service ever at this hostel! The staff were so friendly and so helpful. This was the last place we stayed in after 6 weeks of backpacking Asia, and was probably our favourite place of our entire trip.

The room was so clean and quiet. The air con worked famously, and the beds were clean and comfortable. The hostel provided us with clean towels and slippers. They also included the key (so you dont need a lock) to a large safe, which was big enough to fit a backpack. The bathrooms were clean, and shower areas were divided between women and men which was nice. Free shampoo, soap, q tips, and more; it was awesome!

Theres a nice little nook where you can choose from a variety of DVDs and watch them on the big screen!

Location was perfect. It's maybe an 8 minute walk to Khao San road, but honestly you don't want to be too much closer because that road never sleeps!

The staff helped us print travel documents, carried our heavy luggage up and down stairs for us, they mailed postcards for us, and gave us advice on what to do in Bangkok for the day. Really really friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for a good priced hostel near Khao San PLEASE STAY HERE! It was the greatest place and we would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank KatieBiddie
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in a double room with shared bathrooms. The room was very clean, bed was comfy, the aircon worked fine and we had a small TV.

Showers and Toiletts were always available, The staff were very friendly and helpfull.

Actually we stayed pretty often the last month in Bangkok and were always looking for an area we like. No we have found it. The area were 3 Howw is located is so lovely. It´s a quiet, green, friendly neibourhood close to khaosanroad. Very nice restaurants and cafes in this area.

We would always stay again at 3 Howw.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fabi E
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The hostel looked really modern and new but location and staying facilities was average. The breakfast only starts at 7 and for most of the mornings my tour picked me up at 7 so I couldn't eat any breakfast while I was staying there. They have a nice kitchen and living area with a tv and movies to watch. There is cutlery and a fridge where you can store your things in the kitchen and they also have a microwave. They don't have a kettle though so it was hard if you wanted to make your own coffee in the morning (as I couldn't drink the coffee they provided because I wasn't paying for breakfast.) The sleeping was okay. I had a bunker bed that made a very big noise every time I turned around and if I woke up early to get ready for a tour I felt like I woke up the whole room. The nice thing was that where I slept was fairly private and that people couldn't really see me. They also had little lights at your bed so you can just turn them on when you have to get up in the morning so you don't have to put on the main light which was nice.

The bathroom situation was also not too great because the bathrooms is on the one floor and the dorms on another and the living area on another. The bathrooms also didn't really provide anywhere where I could put my clothing while I was showering so it was difficult showering without your clothes getting wet. The one door of the bathroom didn't close properly either. So I felt a bit nervous every time I went in there because I was scared that someone will open it by accident.

The hostel was not easy to find but after staying there for a few days I got the hang of it. All in all it was not bad but not the best either. If you are just looking for a place to crash at an affordable price looking fairly modern and not to far from the main area this is your best bet.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo