“Great hostel!”

3Howw Hostel Khaosan
Ranked #115 of 1,304 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

It was a bit of a walk from Khao San Rd (around 5-10mins) which is good because it's located is in the quieter part of town. The hostel is kept clean. Necessary toiletries are provided in the shower area. My only problem was the shower area is located in the ground floor but my bunk was in the 3rd floor. They serve basic breakfast with good coffee. I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Raffy C

Reviewed 16 May 2014

After spending 2 nights in hotels in Bangkok we (my friend and I) thought we'd try a hostel for the first time and we're not disappointed.
Stayed in a 10 bed dorm with only us and two other in. Rooms were big and every resident has their own lock box in the dorm.
Beds and comfy and shower are okay.
Location is alright being about a 20 minute walk from ko sam road but you work around that for the price which was about 350B per night pp which is very cheap for Bangkok.

Would definitely recommend the 3Howw hostel for backpackers on a budget looking for a clean place to stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Connor H
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for couple of days and chose to stay here due to its location and price. We actually stayed before at Sabye Bangkok which is just adjacent but decided to transfer here. We had the private room at the 4th level.

Pros:
- 10-15 minutes walk to Kaoshan Rd.
- Food stalls nearby
- Very friendly staff. Mindy is the best so far, comparable to other hostels in the area.
- Nice common area.
- Best for short stay in Bangkok and for backpackers.

Cons:

- no cable channel. There is a DVD player provided but it's not working (grounded).
- wi-fi is too weak at the 4th level
- no exhaust fan in the toilet. The toilet and room is only seperated by a shower curtain. Not too hygenic.
- Breakfast is very limited to bread and oatmeal. Nothing fancy.
- Not child friendly.

If I will be travelling again for a couple of days, I will have this on top of my list.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Val Anthony S
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Actually I stayed here for 3 nites at April 2013 when Sonkran festival was held last year. I chose this hostel because the location on Khaosan road, and most of hostel already fully booked. but surprisingly we really enjoyed our stay here. the bed room is roomy with comfy bed, we can put our baggage on the locker and they gave the key. the shower room is really clean with complete toiletries. there's also dining and living room to interact with other guests.
but the location is a lil bit far from the central khaosan road. there's plus and minus value. plus value, because it has quite neighborhood and not that noisy like central khaosan. minus value, because it took long time to reach central khaosan, beside the dark street on the nite maybe isn't that safe for woman to walk alone. even in our first time when reach the hostel, we took a taxi and decided to get off at central khaosan rosa because desperately can't found the hostel. after walking for more than 30 minutes (also asked locals and got lost), finally we can found the hostel. but if you want to stay at khaosan with cheap price and quite neighborhood, you will enjoy your stay here ;)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank meladewinta
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Asked a girl to turn the air conditioning on. She had it at 23 degrees, I asked if it could be turned to 20 degrees, and told her the guy the night before did this no problems. It was about 9:30pm and she claimed that other people might be woken up as we had this conversation. I told her there was no-one else in the room, there was only a few other people actually staying there, and they were outside doing stuff. Anyways, I didn't think there was anything too personal, just a debate about where the temperature should be. I didn't even realize that this girl was really that offended. Anyways, she told me she was calling management, I thought to discuss if it was possible to turn the air conditioning on properly, as I was requesting it to be turned on to standard office temperatures which is about 20 degrees. I waited patiently thinking that management was going to help resolve the issue, but meanwhile thinking that getting management to the hostel was way over the top. In fact when management arrived they blew me out of the water. Having listened to this prescous girl's side of the story, they stormed in with a baton four of them all together screaming for me to get out of the hostel immediately. I was blown away, and whilst I had had a disagreement with this very young and inexperienced girl I had no idea that she had taken it all so personally. I was given five minutes to get my bags and leave, one of the staff who had steam coming out of her ears abused me and claimed that the girl was a human being and that I wasn't. I was only given my deposit back and not the money for that night. I was booted out of the hostel in a hostile manner and kicked onto the streets at about 11:30PM. Having said that, the staff seem fair and civilized apart from what appeared to be the ringleader, the female who decided to only listen to what seemed like the side of the story of an 18yo girl as gospel, this was the 'manager' who insulted me. Mind you, she knows nothing about me or my side of the story; until now. :) She was an absolute embarrassment and should be ashamed of how she approached this situation, sure I might have been a little too pushy with this air conditioning, but her approach wasn't over the top, it was out of this world. So I'm not even rating this hostel as poor, but as an absolute disgrace!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Patrick B
3howwHostel, Manager at 3Howw Hostel Khaosan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Mr. Patrick,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience of your experience. Please allow me to answer according to you issues.
First of all, you have been stayed at 3Howw Hostel Sukhumvit21 not at the 3Howw Hostel Khaosan. You have been stayed in the dormitory with 15 - 32 persons size. In this room we provide 2 big air-condition and we adjusted the temperature at 23 Celsius for all of the customer by basically.
However, the main reason that we asked you to leave is not about the temperature but it is because you threatened our staff at that night. We did not listen to one-side only, when we inquire into the case of this situation from our staff and our customer from another room, you did insulted, impolite and detained our female staff critically. Because of this situation we have to ask you to leave from our hostel immediately.
According to the principle of our hostel, we order the staff to take care our customer with the warm welcome, sincere and the best service mind. On the other hand by the certain situation, we have to protect our staff and our another customer. The customer cannot do insult or offend our staff or another customer. In the same way, if our staff do insult or offend the customer, we will dismiss them as well.
I understand the issues that you mentioned and I am sorry that the parts of your experience was less than perfect. Once again, thank you for your time to sharing your thoughts.

Best regards,

Kanpanat Kerd-Arun Bellettre

3Howw Hostel Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a great little hostel for backpackers. Its clean and tidy - the beds in the dorm rooms are great and lockers are provided as is your own shelf, reading light and plug socket. There's a great little TV room too with bean bags and lots of movies to watch to relax and chat after a long day site seeing. The staff are really friendly and always happy to point you in the right direction for must see places and the best food and markets. Its quite near khao san road too so you can have the night life without actually having to stay there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FullTimeTraveller409
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

So far 3howw was good hostel to stay, clean, friendly staff, nice location and recommend for you to stay for awhile if you travel in Bangkok.

The lack was only, because there was direct bus to this hostel from DMK airport , I was trying by bus but it was failed I don't know where I arrived, therefore I decided to continue with taxi to this hostel and it was around 150 bath.
And also the stuff has less information about public transportation in bangkok, they just only suggested to me to take taxi if I wanted go to somewhere.

But so far, it is nice place to take a rest :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo