“Truly a "no frills" hotel.”

ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel
Ranked #152 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The location is fantastic; the skytrain station is right in front of the hotel.
Plenty of shopping malls within walking distance, and a 7-11 next door.

I stayed a total of 14 nights in October by myself and travelled frequently from the hotel to Bumrungrad Hospital. Getting a taxi wasn't a problem, but being stuck in traffic was. I later found out from the receptionist that it was much faster to travel by skytrain (to Nana skytrain station, then by taxi to the hospital).

I patronized the hotel's only restaurant on level 8 almost daily. The buffet lunch was value for money - nothing fancy but it saved me time from searching around.

My room was small but clean, well maintained. The pillows and bed were very comfortable.

The only criticism I have is that the (very) thin walls. In many occassions, I could hear my "neighbours" sneezing, talking and taking a shower. If you're a light-sleeper, you may have a problem there.

Last but not least, the housekeeping staff that did my room, Sunanta. In several occassions, I asked for iron and ironing board, she always delivered them promptly, and her smile was contagious !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear terrash,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do have an Outstanding Employee Award program and I will be sure to reward Khun Sunanta for her efficient service and positive attitude.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we can welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very nice. Clean the location just step away from BTS. excellent no need walk very long from or to BTS. Reception very quick and nice speak english no problem.
Next time when I visit Bangkok no need to search other hotel. I will come back to stay

Dear Steven K,
Thank you for your 5 star review and I was happy to read that you enjoyed our great location and the efficient staff service.
I am happy that you will return to the ibis Bangkok Siam on your next visit to Bangkok and I look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Ibis is a tall hotel right outside the National station skytrain stop. From here you can access anywhere on the skytrain or MRT system. Siam the next stop is the interchange. 3 of the best malls in Bangkok are within easy walking distance. MBK, Central world, and Siam Paragon. The check in was ok but I wasn't offered a choice of rooms as a walk in, I would have taken a suite if offered. The room was modern if a little worn and basic. Included fridge, safety deposit, ac and TV. The view from the room was great.

Room Tip: The rooms near the lifts could be noisy and the walls are thin.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear sixstarsnz,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am happy that you found the location so convenient for your shopping needs, however I am sorry if there was any confusion about the rooms, as we only have 1 standard of room in the ibis Siam and it is either a double or twin.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the ibis or the Mercure Siam located in the same building if you would like to choose a different room category.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good service from hotel frontdesk to housekeeping, especially a female frontdesk staff named Peeraya, if i didn't get her name wrongly. Room and service is above my expectations as for those who hv stayed at ibis in Europe, you will understand what i meant if you'hv stayed at ibis Siam Bangkok. Location is excellent as National Stadium BTS station. Walking distance to major shopping malls like MBK, Siam Discovery, Siam Centre and Siam Paragon. Highly recommended to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear hchirlyn,
Thank you for your high praise that you share about the staff service and we will be sure to include Khun Peeraya in our next Staff Recognition Rewards.
I am very happy that you are recommending our hotel to your family and friends and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you all back the ibis Siam when you come to Bangkok.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we can see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 2 nights at ibis siam. Superb location just outside national stadium station. Walking distance to tesco lotus too. Rooms are clean n bed is comfortable. Efficient n friendly staff. Free wifi n complimentary bottled water. Will go back next time.

Dear Jacktwins,
Thank you for your 5 star review about your recent stay with us at the ibis Bangkok Siam.
I am very glad to read that you were very satisfied with the hotel, location and the complimentary services that we offer.
I look forward to the next time that we can welcome you back to the ibis Siam.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

A great no frills hotel for reasonable cost. The staff here are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are very modern and newly decorated. The hotel in general is very clean and bright. Comfy beds, clean bathroom, room cleaned daily. The national stadium sky train station is right outside the hotel and the mbk mall is across the road. The ibis shares it's location with the mercure so for really nice this food go to 9th floor bar in mercure. There is an outside seating area overlooking the city and again the staff are lovely. I would not hesitate to stay here again should I come back to Bangkok. Watch the tuk tuk drivers outside as they will try and charge you inflated prices ie 250 baht for a 100 baht journey. Luckily we had asked the hotel how much we should pay and when the tuk tuk driver refused to lower the price we got the hotel to arrange a taxi! Again beware and always get a metered taxi as otherwise they will try and rip you off.
If you are happy to forego room service and gym etc in your hotel then this is a great place to stay.

Dear cattarzipan,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments and tips regarding your recent stay with us.
I was very happy to read that you were able to enjoy not just the ibis facilities but also try some parts of the Mercure Food and Beverage outlets - certainly a plus for being a combo hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the ibis Siam on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel had lovely clean rooms and spacious, close to MBK, Tesco and BTS. Buffet breakfast was good. There is a nice little restaurant down a side alley going towards MBK, Reno cafe. Staff are all friendly and welcome you with a smile. The only problem we had at the Ibis was the woman at the tour desk, she was unfriendly and unhelpful, we tried to book a tour and get advice on tours, but I was handed the phone to talk to her boyfriend, we ended up going down the street to book our tours at another hotel where we recieved great customer service and with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Debbie1825,
Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us.
I am very sorry that you did not get the same service from the Tour Desk that we expect and I have passed on your feedback to the operator that provides the desk for us.
Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam on your next visit to Bangkok.