“Tiny but Comfortable”

ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel
Ranked #153 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was in Thailand to visit my son. At the end of our visit we spent four nights here. The room is tiny, and just large enough to hold the 2 twin beds that we required. I assume that the same size room would seem more spacious with one double bed. The room was immaculate, the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was modern with a small but excellent shower, and it had all the storage and work surface we required. My son paid for access to the gym and said that the city views were incredible.

We chose the hotel in large part because of the price relative to the location. A few steps away from the hotel are stairs that take you to the BTS as well as elevated walkways to a variety of major shopping centers such as MBK and Siam Paragon. Once you're at Siam Paragon you can easily connect to a string of other shopping centers. If you're intimidated by the stairs, since there was no escalator on our corner, you can duck into the Bangkok Cultural Center when its open and use their elevator to go to the floor that connects directly to the walkway.

There are computers and a printer in the lobby for guest use. We had our iPads for email, web surfing, etc. but when I needed to check in for my return flight and print out the paperwork this service came in very handy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear J S,
Thank you for your 5 star review after you recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to read when our guests enjoy their experience while staying in Bangkok and the ibis Siam.
Great useful tips as well, as I did not even think to use the Bangkok Arts and Cultural Centre for an easy escalator ride up to the skywalk.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam on your next visit to Bangkok.

There are newer reviews for ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had a very good experience during my recent stay at the Ibis Bangkok Siam. My room was always promptly cleaned and the front desk was always ready to help with accommodations, directions etc. The restaurants are also very good. This is a great place to stay and I recommend it for business, family and individuals.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Feda O,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us at the ibis Bangkok Siam and I am very happy to read that you had such a great time.
I will most definitely pass on your positive feedback about the team from the Front Desk to the Room Attendant.
Again, thank you for sharing and also recommending our hotel and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The location is fantastic; the skytrain station is right in front of the hotel.
Plenty of shopping malls within walking distance, and a 7-11 next door.

I stayed a total of 14 nights in October by myself and travelled frequently from the hotel to Bumrungrad Hospital. Getting a taxi wasn't a problem, but being stuck in traffic was. I later found out from the receptionist that it was much faster to travel by skytrain (to Nana skytrain station, then by taxi to the hospital).

I patronized the hotel's only restaurant on level 8 almost daily. The buffet lunch was value for money - nothing fancy but it saved me time from searching around.

My room was small but clean, well maintained. The pillows and bed were very comfortable.

The only criticism I have is that the (very) thin walls. In many occassions, I could hear my "neighbours" sneezing, talking and taking a shower. If you're a light-sleeper, you may have a problem there.

Last but not least, the housekeeping staff that did my room, Sunanta. In several occassions, I asked for iron and ironing board, she always delivered them promptly, and her smile was contagious !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear terrash,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do have an Outstanding Employee Award program and I will be sure to reward Khun Sunanta for her efficient service and positive attitude.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we can welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very nice. Clean the location just step away from BTS. excellent no need walk very long from or to BTS. Reception very quick and nice speak english no problem.
Next time when I visit Bangkok no need to search other hotel. I will come back to stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Steven K,
Thank you for your 5 star review and I was happy to read that you enjoyed our great location and the efficient staff service.
I am happy that you will return to the ibis Bangkok Siam on your next visit to Bangkok and I look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Ibis is a tall hotel right outside the National station skytrain stop. From here you can access anywhere on the skytrain or MRT system. Siam the next stop is the interchange. 3 of the best malls in Bangkok are within easy walking distance. MBK, Central world, and Siam Paragon. The check in was ok but I wasn't offered a choice of rooms as a walk in, I would have taken a suite if offered. The room was modern if a little worn and basic. Included fridge, safety deposit, ac and TV. The view from the room was great.

Room Tip: The rooms near the lifts could be noisy and the walls are thin.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear sixstarsnz,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am happy that you found the location so convenient for your shopping needs, however I am sorry if there was any confusion about the rooms, as we only have 1 standard of room in the ibis Siam and it is either a double or twin.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the ibis or the Mercure Siam located in the same building if you would like to choose a different room category.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good service from hotel frontdesk to housekeeping, especially a female frontdesk staff named Peeraya, if i didn't get her name wrongly. Room and service is above my expectations as for those who hv stayed at ibis in Europe, you will understand what i meant if you'hv stayed at ibis Siam Bangkok. Location is excellent as National Stadium BTS station. Walking distance to major shopping malls like MBK, Siam Discovery, Siam Centre and Siam Paragon. Highly recommended to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear hchirlyn,
Thank you for your high praise that you share about the staff service and we will be sure to include Khun Peeraya in our next Staff Recognition Rewards.
I am very happy that you are recommending our hotel to your family and friends and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you all back the ibis Siam when you come to Bangkok.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we can see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 2 nights at ibis siam. Superb location just outside national stadium station. Walking distance to tesco lotus too. Rooms are clean n bed is comfortable. Efficient n friendly staff. Free wifi n complimentary bottled water. Will go back next time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacktwins,
Thank you for your 5 star review about your recent stay with us at the ibis Bangkok Siam.
I am very glad to read that you were very satisfied with the hotel, location and the complimentary services that we offer.
I look forward to the next time that we can welcome you back to the ibis Siam.