“Cheap, Clean and Convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Bangkok Siam

Ibis Bangkok Siam
Ranked #158 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Cheap, Clean and Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in Ibis Siam Bangkok for a total of 4 nights and 5 days.

Arrival in this hotel is pretty simple for many taxi drivers because you simply have to mention MBK and direct the driver from there, and you can get back to your hotel. ALL taxi drivers know MBK so its better to tell them you want to go to hotel near MBK than to mention IBIS siam. I took a cab with my gang from the airport to this hotel, and it cost us about $600 baht because there was abit of traffic jam. In fact, another alternative to get to IBIS from the airport is to take the airport express train and then take the BTS to national stadium stop. IBIS siam hotel is location at national stadium stop. The hotel is literally 1 min walk from the BTS station so no worries about not being able to see it from the train station.

Checking in at IBIS siam was smooth and quick. The front desk staff was able to speak fluent english and they are able to answer most questions that we have for them. I took the 16 floor and my sister lived in the 17 floor. The lower floors are Mercure rooms, and the upper floors are IBIS rooms. They are in the same building, but you have to pay more for the Mercure room. If you are looking for something with no frills, and you only need a clean and comfortable place to get back to for a good nights sleep, then choose IBIS. It is really cheap for the price we are paying we get a really good location in my opinion. Of course, it really boils down to what you are personally looking for in a hotel. On the other side near the platinum area, if you are looking to head to platinum every day, then go ahead and stay at amari watergate or baiyoke sky. If you are looking to be on the Siam area of Siam paragon, Siam Centre, Siam Discovery, Siam Square, then you should definitely choose IBIS or Mercure instead.

Moving on to the facilities of the room, my room on the 16 floor was a few doors down from the lift area. I would suggest not getting a room right beside the lift because the movement of the lift can be pretty loud at night. My room faces the MBK and Siam Paragon direction, and I can see the BTS tracks. The room floor is furnished with wood instead of carpet, and that is something i would very much prefer. It is sleek and clean. However, the TV channels are pretty limited, and we end of tuning in to Thai/english subbed football every night. The shower area of the toilet is really really squeezy. If you are plump, you will probably have a hard time taking a shower. There is a built in hair dryer and basic toileries available for your usage. The bed will give you a pretty good night sleep.

Right beside the hotel, on the left, there is a 7-11 just 30 seconds walk away from the front door of the hotel. However, this 7-11 is really small and crowded. Right outside our hotel there are already some street vendors selling street snacks. If you have a weak stomach, becareful what you are eating. IBIS is 5-10 minutes walk from Siam Paragon, 5 minutes walk from MBK. It is also right opposite the national stadium. If you are looking to head to the Jim Thompson Museum, it is 5 minutes walk away. You can ask the front desk staff for directions. Asking the front desk staff to help you get a taxi is a good idea because they can help you get a metered cab. I found out from my local thai friends that local taxi drivers refuse tourist metered cab because they simply earn 2 to 3 times the metered fare by quoting you. Whenever I go back to Bangkok, I will definitely choose IBIS again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the lift area, and ask for one on the higher floor with the MBK vi...
3 Thank Joanna T
SebastienSalmon, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Joanna T,

Thank you for taking the time to post this comprehensive review, on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at Ibis Siam.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and the services provided by our staff, especially our front desk and bellman teams.

It is true that our location is convenient if you want to do some shopping, visit local markets or discover culinary specialties, but the bts station right in front of our hotel is particularly appreciated by our guests to explore the city.

Thank you for sharing your experience, adding some great tips and recommending us to other travellers. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel (ibis standard), and good location, just across MBK&Siam Paragon! BTS national stadium is in front of the hotel! 711 is near, many foo stalls in front of hotel. Will definitly coming back!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SebastienHMI2, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Phyut,

Thank you for posting you review, on Tripadvisor website, about your previous stay with us at Ibis Siam.

Indeed, the hotel surroundings are quite convenient if you want to try local and international food, the itinerant merchants and restaurants will satisfy your culinary curiosity, and the 7/11 will be of a great help concerning the purchase of your daily life goods.

I am happy to read that our great location and hotel was suitable for your needs and I hope that we will welcome you back again soon.

Khon Kaen, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Upon arrival, I got a convenient check-in service. The room is quite small but suits for backpacker and young couples who look for a cheap and BTS-neared hotel. The check-out service do no take a time. I am going to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor choice in website.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Hasekawa L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us while on holiday in Thailand.

I am happy to see that you were satisfied with the check in and out process provided by our front office team and that you have no problem to recommend our hotel to others.

Thank you again for sharing your point of view, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The impression the hotel gave us was a very clean and fresh one. Like all Ibis, the hotel offers the basic need of a traveller, no frills.

Location is very convenient with the National Stadium Station just right at the doorstep, MBK opposite and the Siam Center, Paragon all within 10 minutes walk.

Staff were friendly and always ready to help.

The minus point is I can hear quite clearly when other guests returned to their rooms late at night.

1 Thank Angie O
Dear Angielmo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on trip advisor about your last stay with us at Ibis Siam.

I am glad to see that our location was convenient for your needs and that the freshness and cleanliness of our establishment could make you feel comfortable.

It is true that depending on the room that was given to you the external emitted sound can be more or less powerful, especially at night when some of your neighbour come back. However our employee on duty can always help and advise the guest next door to not turn on device too loud during night time, I hope that it was not to disturbing.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I have been in Bangkok many times and I have usually stayed on the river when traveling for leisure and mostly stayed "inland" only when traveling for business. This was the first time traveling for leisure that I stayed away from the river just for something different and because I had an early flight to Laos. The hotel is literally steps from the BTS station and there is even an escalator on one side for those with heavy luggage. Although I admit I am not a shopper this hotel is steps away from a bunch of shopping centres and just for browsing it was a fun experience. Tons of food outlets nearby. The hotel is immaculate and certainly the rooms are perfect for solo travellers and adequate for couples. No fuss, no frills, great price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear hotelmonster88,

Thank you for taking the time to add this kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Ibis Siam. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments about the cleanliness about the hotel and the rooms.

I am pleased to see that you decided to change your habits by choosing our hotel on your leisure trip instead of the riverside.

Even if you are not a shopping addict Siam area is full of restaurants and attractions to discover through the Siam square market and in the different malls.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for recommending us to solo and couple travelers, I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.