“Standard Ibis comfort, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Bangkok Siam

Ibis Bangkok Siam
Ranked #160 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Lyon, France
“Standard Ibis comfort, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

This hotel is perfectly located, right in front of the staircase to the National Stadium BTS skytrain station. From there, you can then travel conveniently all around Bangkok. The MBK Center Mall is just 3 minutes away by walk and you've got a 7-11 convenience store opened 24/7 just 1 minute away. The comfort of the hotel is good, just as other Ibis worldwide, and rooms are perfectly clean. Many international TV channels are available and the wifi internet was reliable and fast. Breakfast was great with a nice buffet mixing local and western dishes. Large choice of food in the breakfast. Only downturn for me was that there was noise during the night as the rooms don't seem soundproof enough. I could hear people chatting in the corridor or the TV of the neighboring room. Overall, great value for this central location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SebastienSalmon, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Arvifr,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor website.

I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our hotel location and with our facilities. We are doing our best to provide you with the highest quality of service for a competitive price.
On the other hand, sorry to read that you felt a little disturbed by the noise during the night. Kindly note that we do have manager on duty 24h/day, do not hesitate to contact them at any time to assist you.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we will bring close attention to your concerns. I am looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

The location is perfect for shopping and catching the sky train. The staff are nice, helpful and informative. unfortunately for us there were people on our floor who have no idea how to keep quite - sound travels in this hotel, the walls seem quite thin between rooms, you can even hear when people slide items across shelves. There is no guest laundry but the laundry service is cheap and very efficient. I know you don't go to hotels for the TV but I must say that the reception was poor at times and the choice of English speaking channels was limited - no movie channel at all. The bed was a little uncomfortable for us, this along with the noisy people meant that we didn't get a great sleep most nights. When we used the laundry service I had ticked the box for a fast service on the check list, within minutes of the laundry being picked up the phone rang telling me that this would cost be double and was I sure? because the clothes would be back the next afternoon anyway. We thought that was great because they didn't have to tell us that, as it was the clothes were hanging in the wardrobe for us on our return the next day as promised.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SebastienSalmon, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Ian and Robyn,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback after your stay in our hotel Mercure Siam and also for finding the time to share it on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you were satisfied with our location, in front of the national stadium BTS station as well as with our professional and very helpful staff.

We are sorry to hear that you felt a little disturbed by the noise from next door and also limited of English TV channels. For your information and following our guests concerns we have already developed and increased the number of channels. Please accept my apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and I am happy to hear that we will have the pleasure of having you as a guest again at Mercure Siam.

Best regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is good location near to BTS Stadium National station by walk. Many shopping center easy to reach by walk. Eg MBK/Siam Paragon.The hotel is very clean. Believed that the hotel services check in is allow at anytime when you're arrived. because i saw many traveller is allow to check in when arrived.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SebastienSalmon, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Yllo,

Thank you for sharing your comprehensive review about your recent stay with us at ibis Siam.

Usually check in time start around 2 pm, but we know that your flight arrival time is not necessarily matching this timing, which is why we will try our best to arrange your room so you can rest after a tiring trip.

We are happy to read that you have appreciated the hotel services and cleanliness as well as our great location. Which was convenient for you; the BTS station situated in front of the hotel is reachable in less than a minute walking distance and it is as you have said very useful to explore the city.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife soon on another trip to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Dear ibis staff,

I visited ibis Bangkok Siam on 16-19 August 2014 and was very satisfied with the hospitality and arrangement. My first visit was in 20-25 June 2014, and was extremely satisfied which supported my decision (again) to book with ibis.

Although i met an unfortunate accident at the hotel on 18 Aug (Mon), the staff (one lady manager, and male concierge staff) were fast to bring out the first aid kit to wash my wound. Though they were not professional medics in addressing the wound, they drove me to a nearby hospital for immediate treatment. Due to the malfunction senor of the hotel sliding door, my toe nail was scrapped off and resulted in some bleeding. I was treated at the A&E clinic and had four stitches and toe nail (second toe of the left foot) removed.

The lady manager was kind enough to have exercised her judgment to have the hospital bill absorbed by the hotel. Although this is not entirely the fault of the hotel (since i was partially at fault to be standing in between the sliding door), this little gesture has made my entire experience very unique and comforting (especially to be injured in a foreign country). The lady manager even offered a meal at the hotel lobby, but i decided to decline as i was too traumatized and tired after the incident and surgery.

All in all, I would like to thank everyone for the hospitality and attentive care that you have rendered during my four-day stay.
Thank you once again, and i hope to visit ibis Bangkok Siam hotel again during my next visit to Bangkok.

Meanwhile, I am recovering fine, and will continue to have my dressing changed regularly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlvinSoh37
SebastienSalmon, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Alvinsoh,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Bangkok Siam. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. Your kind words have been passed on to our team and in particular Ms. Wachareewan (Assistant Front Office Manager) who had assist you during the incidences. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

On behalf of the hotel team, once again sorry for what has happened we wish you well in your recovery and hope that the unpleasant incident will not in any way prevent you from availing yourself of our services in the future and please give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Best Regards,