Mercure Bangkok Siam
  • Restaurant
Happy 3(Bangkok)
  • Pool
2,371 results
All reviewsnational stadium btsprivilege loungeopposite mbkbts stationthe ground floorwalking distance to mbkexcellent locationaccor hotelsrooftop pooljim thompson housegreat view of the cityconvenient locationconvenience storeexecutive roomstayed for nightsupon checkcentral world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Hotel was right next to the National Stadium BTS Station, within 8 minutes walking distance to MBK and 15 minutes walking distance to Siam Paragon (if you walk at a leisurely pace as I do :p) Very convenient location, with lots of eateries and street food stalls nearby (there is one whole row of yummy street food stalls situated right outside MBK just opposite the hotel)

Staff was friendly and gave us travelling advice in competent English. If your flight home is a late one, you can request to extend the check out time by an hour for free, which I did.

I brought my parents on a holiday vacation here and requested for an extra sofa bed in the room, which I loved for its design and comfort. Overall state of the room was new and well-furnished.

If you are an early sleeper and dislike noise, request for a room that does not face the MBK/National Stadium side as they might have pop/rock music concerts and performances there which might keep you up.

One last note, LOVED the shower here - the strength of the water was good and strong but due to the design of the shower head, the water comes out as a huge cloud of tiny water droplets in a vapour-like texture and lands on your skin gently. Have no idea what design this is but I certainly will be looking for such a design the next time I need one for my bathroom!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mei Hui T
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Mei Hui T,
Thank you for your 5 star review about your recent stay with us at the Mercure Bangkok Siam.
I was very happy to read that you and your parents had such an enjoyable stay and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Simone Hansen

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My hubby and I stayed at Mercure for 3 nights last month, to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary.

I hate taking Taxi in Bangkok due to very bad experiences, so I chose this hotel, which is next to BTS station and good access to the shopping centers nearby.

All the staffs were pleasant and helpful, they were usually young and energetic, even the waitresses of the cafe were willing to teach you the way to the scenery.

The room was clean and comfortable, though no view at all. I enjoyed the shower so much, the water power was big but the water was as soft as water vapour.

The breakfast was good. The swimming pool is on the top floor but don't expect too much since it is small.

Surely, I will choose this hotel or Ibis next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Good price and quality of rooms excellent. Food at great price for a big hotel. Across the road for very cheap meals at MBK and you are right opposite the elevated fast train. Of course one doesn't hear the commotion as the reception is on the 9th floor where the hotel starts. Swimming pool on the roof on 21st floor. Also next door to the Siam at Siam boutique hotel which has a rooftop bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sports stadium are good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This Hotel has one of the best beds around. It is located across the road from the MBK shopping centre, which is a must for anyone travelling to Bangkok, and down the road from Siam, and Central World Shopping Centres. The Mecure staff are friendly and helpful and the Hotel is very clean. If you can, upgrade to the Privilege floor which will also give you access to the Privilege Lounge. The lounge includes free light breakfast and snacks throughout out the day, and offers free beer and wine between the happy hours which is about 5-7pm. Ask for a room on the Eastern side, as there is a club next door, if you have a room on the southern side (facing MBK) you may be kept up at night with the bass of the music. The pool is refreshing for a morning swim.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoldCoastCold
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Prior to our stay on the 6th -10th December, had liaised with Ms Simone on my room requirement due to my health reason. As requested they did removed the live plants from the room and ensure it was in clean condition.
We stayed on the 22nd floor facing MBK, though not a great view but could see sunrise from the room.
The hotel gave us some chocolates and sweet treats for our honeymoon while we were out which was a nice surprise.
The gym on the upper floor was fantastic coz of the view and we used it whenever we can.
Room service is not bad, and good thing it's nett price.
Location being right in front of National Stadium BTS makes commuting so convenient.
Just to improve on is the air quality of the room as I have health conditions,realised that since the 1st nite I wakes up my throat hurts and nose stuffy. I think the air con is not properly maintained and the humidity level not controlled. After the 3rd nite, my husband had the same problem.
Other than that I will be glad to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Hidayah16,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am glad that our arrangement suited you as you mentioned your recent health problems.
We do regularly maintain and perform preventative maintenance including a cleaning program for our AC filters, however it is still difficult to purify the air 100% in Bangkok city.
Again, thank you for posting your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me again directly to arrange your next stay with us and we will coordinate with the Engineering team to make the best possible conditions for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,