“29th Floor of Happiness”

Mercure Bangkok Siam
Ranked #92 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Been there last month to attend Study Trip from Asian Law Student's Association (came with delegates from Taiwan and Sri Lanka too). I paid for $500 for the whole trip (excl. flight tickets), I didn't really expect the committee booked such a great hotel for us. Since I have never been to Thailand before, I had no idea which area is the main attraction in Bangkok. When i arrived, there's liaison officer picked me and he told me the hotel is in the very heart of the city. Reaching the hotel, his word was true. Mercure Bangkok SIam literally surrounded with malls and very very very near with BTS. When i took a tour in the hotel, I stunned with the 29th floor. It's the swimming pool area with a view of Bangkok City! Took a bottle of beer with another Indonesian delegate and the wind was too strong (maybe it's near 'winter' season in Bangkok). Really want to stay there again next time I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,244)

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel has many plus points. It is a stone's throw away from the National Stadium Skytrain. It takes about 5 min to reach MBK shopping mall. The hotel is spacious & very clean. Staff are very friendly, helpful & courteous. I'm very touched by the kind gesture of one of the staff at the Front Desk. She made arrangement for me to print e-ticket for our flight home and when I wanted to make payment for the printed e-tickets, she said it was a complimentary from the hotel. Unfortunately, I did not note down her name.
The area & the nearby shopping malls offer a wide varieties of local as well as international foods. For Muslim travelers, MBK shopping mall offers halal eateries located on the 5th level.

Room Tip: Request for king-size bed and a room overlooking the MBK area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suhana1402
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear suhana1402,
Thank you for sharing your generous comments about your recent stay with us and I was happy to read about the additional service you were shown by the Front Desk staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bangkok Siam on your next visit to Thailand.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank EdwardSim

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We already booked the hotel room with an additional of breakfast buffet, but when we arrived at the hotel, the front desk staff told me that the price us exclude the breakfast rate, we're kinda dissapointed, but the service is actually quite good as the location is near siam district. Overall service could be more improve, and cleanliness is good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear robbysaputraa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us and I am happy that overall you had an enjoyable stay, however I apologise if there was some confusion about the breakfast.
We do have room only and breakfast included rates available on our website, and again I am sorry if this was not communicated correctly to you on check in.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bangkok Siam again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Hotel was right next to the National Stadium BTS Station, within 8 minutes walking distance to MBK and 15 minutes walking distance to Siam Paragon (if you walk at a leisurely pace as I do :p) Very convenient location, with lots of eateries and street food stalls nearby (there is one whole row of yummy street food stalls situated right outside MBK just opposite the hotel)

Staff was friendly and gave us travelling advice in competent English. If your flight home is a late one, you can request to extend the check out time by an hour for free, which I did.

I brought my parents on a holiday vacation here and requested for an extra sofa bed in the room, which I loved for its design and comfort. Overall state of the room was new and well-furnished.

If you are an early sleeper and dislike noise, request for a room that does not face the MBK/National Stadium side as they might have pop/rock music concerts and performances there which might keep you up.

One last note, LOVED the shower here - the strength of the water was good and strong but due to the design of the shower head, the water comes out as a huge cloud of tiny water droplets in a vapour-like texture and lands on your skin gently. Have no idea what design this is but I certainly will be looking for such a design the next time I need one for my bathroom!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mei Hui T

Dear Mei Hui T,
Thank you for your 5 star review about your recent stay with us at the Mercure Bangkok Siam.
I was very happy to read that you and your parents had such an enjoyable stay and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My hubby and I stayed at Mercure for 3 nights last month, to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary.

I hate taking Taxi in Bangkok due to very bad experiences, so I chose this hotel, which is next to BTS station and good access to the shopping centers nearby.

All the staffs were pleasant and helpful, they were usually young and energetic, even the waitresses of the cafe were willing to teach you the way to the scenery.

The room was clean and comfortable, though no view at all. I enjoyed the shower so much, the water power was big but the water was as soft as water vapour.

The breakfast was good. The swimming pool is on the top floor but don't expect too much since it is small.

Surely, I will choose this hotel or Ibis next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Good price and quality of rooms excellent. Food at great price for a big hotel. Across the road for very cheap meals at MBK and you are right opposite the elevated fast train. Of course one doesn't hear the commotion as the reception is on the 9th floor where the hotel starts. Swimming pool on the roof on 21st floor. Also next door to the Siam at Siam boutique hotel which has a rooftop bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sports stadium are good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple