“Superb food, at reasonable prices.”
Review of Mumbai Kitchen - CLOSED

Mumbai Kitchen
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Mumbai Kitchen is a terrific little neighborhood Indian restaurant near the Asoke BTS. Their kabobs, breads , and masala tea are simply superb. Even better than what you will get in Mumbai!

Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Food was tasty and reasonably priced.

The place was undergoing renovations but it was still impecably clean.

If anything, the service was perhaps a bit too attentive - as it is often the case with (i assume) a new owner - but it is a welcomed change in bangkok.

We had 1 starter, 3 mains and 5 beers for a total of 1350 bath.

We will definately go there again.

We had 3

Reviewed 3 December 2012

this is a must try for thrifty diners. the rogan josh is my favorite in the city and they make a pretty good mango lassi. my shahi paneer wasnt as good as the rogan josh but passable. great garlic naan lovely price. highly recommended. we will be back for the rogan josh and to try something new on the menu.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

As someone who enjoys and has eaten Indian food from India to the far reaches of the earth and having read some very positive reviews on Trip Advisor......against my natural instinct (when in Bangkok eat Thai etc) I decided to head along and try this establishment. Having been seated by the door...OK somebody has to be.... I was then dripped upon by a leak in the roof...... I was then hovered over by some fellow who looked like a 1980's Bollywood extra. Notwithstanding this interesting start to our evening we proceeded to order the starter (Salmon) recommended by our Bollywood host in addition to a Lamb main. The starter appeared and it was a white fish of some origin but wasn't Salmon. Our host tried to tell me that it was Salmon but had been filleted therefore it was white instead of the usual 'Salmon' colour. This caused much laughter on our table as this chap made a fool of himself and to make matters worse the waitress admitted it was Pomfret. In addition, the naan seemed stale and pedestrian, the Lamb was supposed to be spicy but was just a blob of nondescript mutton on a plate. I could go on but wont tire you with my discontent. When presented with the bill it was then pointed out to the Bollywood man that he has charged for a salmon starter that wasnt Salmon. He then asked what we wanted to pay........... I am sure this place could actually be good but why try and lie to people and then charge them premium prices for basic ingredients. Such poor behaviour which leaves a very sour taste.

4  Thank Phileas F
Reviewed 11 November 2012

had dinner there, took a chance ordered mutton roganjosh hoping its as i urged for it, YES! it was what i wanted, indian road side dhabha are well known for home cooking, they lived up to it.
then came along patty keema, aalloo chart, instead of butter chicken, the chef introduced us cheese chicken... thick and rich and wallah! happy hogger i was. food was great, the staff needs a little brushing seems to be a new restaurant. don't drop your standards and you will go a long way. cheers. will eat there again.

1  Thank Beebaji