“Good food, Bad management”
Review of Tandoor Restaurant - CLOSED

Tandoor Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had dinner on Monday night. It was very quiet due to probably being Monday.
This restaurant is located in Holiday Inn on SiLom Rd.
Good food, however, in the middle of the dinner, we were told that they were out of Steamed rice and therefore can not make the type of rice we wanted!
Shouldn't they tell us when we ordered ??
May be it was Monday....! Will give another try..

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was one of the best Indian restaurants in Bangkok. The best way to reach there is by BTS. use the BTS to go to Surasak station. Get down through Exit 1 and then walk few meters before turning right. Walk straight fir a few meters and then turn right again and you are in front of the Holiday Inn Silom. The restaurant is on the 6th floor of the hotel.

The setup inside the restaurant is good and the service is excellent. The portions are big and taste good

Reviewed 14 November 2013

TANDOOR Restaurant is an Indian restaurant housed on the sixth floor of the Holiday Inn at Silom Street in Bangkok of Thailand. The interior of the restaurant is very luxurious with a strong Indian accent in its decoration, exuding a unique ambience. The place is very clean and nicely lit. The staff are very pleasant and courteous and service is very efficient.

There is a nice selection of dips preceding the main dishes which is included in the price. We chose a number of different dishes from the menu, including Tikka Masala. They arrived in timely fashion and all scored excellent marks in terms of quantity, quality and presentation; besides, they were extremely tasty. Moreover, we felt that at all times we were under the attentive care of the staff.

Given that we were tourists in Bangkok coming from a country using the Euro currency, the favourable Euro-to-Baht exchange rate meant that this sumptuous meal came at a very competitive price too!

Should we ever find ourselves in Bangkok again, TANDOOR shall be the first restaurant we shall visit!

3  Thank Laurent J
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Go to Holiday Inn Hotel on Silom Road in Bangkok. Take the elevator up to 6th floor. Here is hiding a fantastic INDIAN RESTAURANT called TANDOOR. And they have original Indian live music too.

I came here countless times over the years (I have been more than 200 times in Bangkok during the last 35 years, in profession of music, during concerts and meeting Thai friends. When I lived in Tokyo, Japan I was in Thailand almost every second month, on my own concert tours all over, so.... do I know the best from Thailand???? ho-ho-ho”! YES I DO!

In TANDOOR RESTAURANT you can find everything you want from Indian cuisine. And the staff are wonderful people too (don’t eat them, just smile). I always loved Indian food, cook it myself too (and good) and I know the best restaurant in the world.

I met many friends here too over the years, on one photo is the “by all Indian well known most famous Indian pop singer, my friend “Abhijeet Bhattacharya” from Bolywood (Bombay). On this photos I was invited for a dinner party with his wife and friends.

I love this restaurant and my old friend: the Indian general manager Mr. Rakesch Sharma, has been here for some 200 years to make sure the best and highest standard for food and service is provided every day.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I rarely enjoy eating Indian food outside as that is all that i eat at home.
But, at Tandoor, i loved every meal i ate there.
The food tasted great. The ambience was wonderful. For the first time in Thailand, i felt the people were happy to see me. The staff was very polite and friendly. They always had a smile on their face. There was live music playing and they sounded very good too. Made the mood very relaxing after a long tiring day.