The Continent Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
  • Restaurant
Fortuna Hotel(Bangkok)
  • Pool
1,766 results
All reviewssky roomsky benefitssky baraxis spinmedinii restaurantsoi cowboyterminal shopping mallasok btstop floorrooftop poolexecutive roomsukhumvit roadexcellent locationrooms are smallboutique hotelcorner roomnight life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Disappointed is how I leave. The hotel itself is lovely. Great location and I loved the room. Too few and too slow elevators but no big deal. Friendly staff. The door man is really funny. I might go back.

However, I'm really unhappy with the room service. I was given the worst pad Thai I've ever had in Thailand. I can make a much better pad Thai myself, as can every single Thai restaurant in the country. It was bland and orange with severely overlooked shrimp. I mentioned this to the front desk but all I got was laughs and a 400+ baht bill. Shameful.

AVOID THE FOOD.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank global_teach
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I booked a Sky room for 2 nights which included Sky Benefits: http://www.thecontinenthotel.com/sky-benefits.html

The free 2 piece laundry per day, late check-out (4pm) and free drinks and snacks from 4-6pm at Axis and Spin were really awesome however the room itself was quite small and I'm not entirely sure if there would be a huge difference between the Sky and a cheaper room (other than the benefits).

Cons:
- The breakfast spread was limited and very average but the service was great as well as the time period breakfast was served (6am-10:30am)
- It would've been nice to have a kettle in the room with tea/coffee facilities
- Although the lifts are quite fast, there are only two and you do need to wait a while sometimes - keep that in mind especially if you are running late!

A cute little boutique hotel which provided the basics but it wasn't necessarily the most luxurious.

You're paying for the location really...would I stay here again? Possibly but I'd probably just stay in a Deluxe room and have breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We never thought that a such big hotel and a big town will surprise us so much. We booked one night we extend a second night and we come back the last night of our stay in Thailand before to fly back.
The room large with a terrific view and a very tasty breakfast and the lovely staff make the difference in our choise! We thank specially Joy and Jwe

Room Tip: Spend a little more for have a top floor room (we hadd a deluxe room and was amazing with a buth tub with a view)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 April 2014

An interesting hotel sqeezed like a needle between other high buildings. The staff is helpful, smiling and professional. We had two connecting rooms, which were small according to Bangkok standard, but clean and modern. Cleaning could have been a little bit better and thick carpets always feel a bit strange when thinking of everything one carries under the shoes from outside. Breakfast is ok and the pool is small with a good view. Location is perfect. Overall a positive expierence and we can recommend the hotel. The staff loves small children!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a good central hotel, close to the subway and sky train which will take you everywhere.
Cleaning the rooms each day seemed to be a be a bit hit or miss and several times we had to remind them.
The restaurant and axis bar are strict about men's dress code which can be a nuisance when you are on holiday.
The laundry prices are extremely steep and we used Hiclean which was near by and a 10% of the price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple