The Continent Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #116 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Islamabad, Islamabad, Pakistan
“fantastic”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

when i was enter to reception i was confused about property standard but after meeting with Duty Manager Miss Joy and she went with us to show us room on 28th Floor then i changed my mind and we done check inn. i will must say my stay was very fantastic and i was quite comfortable with this property and attitude of staff. love it and recommend for nice stay. Regards, SAMI TURK.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This isn't a 5 star hotel and the walls are very thin. On the first night my sleep was slightly disturbed by a noisy group in the room next door, but on the second night it was much worse - I fell asleep several times, only to be awoken by people shouting, and this went on until very late.

The room itself is fine (they told me they had upgraded me, but I don't know what type of room I was given). The only annoyance is that there is no access to plug anything into the TV. Some hotels have a set of sockets by the desk, in others you can get direct access to the TV, but here there is nothing. The bathroom is small but the shower is a reasonable size.

Breakfast is OK but nothing special, and I didn't get a chance to try the pool.

It is close to the BTS and MRT stations, but you have to walk up some stairs (or take a detour).

Room Tip: Ask them for a quiet room (if they have any).
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I don't use to write a bad review but this time i have to. I booked 4 night at this hotel. The room was a "sky room!". If I can say it wasn't he best. The price included some complimentary services such a free daily drinks at the bar on the top floor. After 4 night i decided to stay 4 nights more and I booked a more expensive room with a better view. So i needed to check out and then check in again. The staff told me the complimentary services were the same. The room room was more expensive then the first one. When I check out they charged me 2400 thb (+ tax) for the "complimentary" drink on the bar of the top floor.They told me that the second reservation didn't included complimentary drinks. I complained about that but they did not care.The only answer was "yes Sir". It is not for the money they charged but for their unacceptable behaviour. I have been in this hotel more time because the location is not too bad. From now i will not come back more. There are a lot of hotels in Bkk with a better relationship between price and quality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank marcello764
Quebec
Reviewed 16 August 2014

ALWAYS MY FIRST CHOICE IN BANGKOK. For 3000 baht (+-$95.00 US) it worth the price. It's our 4th visit at this hotel in the last 2 years. Location is simply great. Skytrain and MRT just 2 minutes away. Close from everything. Great welcome from the staff. Especially Big Thank You to the receptionnist FAIRY, managers JOY and KUNG. We've paid for the classic room and we were upgrade.They were so GREAT. I miss them already. Yes, this is not the biggest rooms but there are so comfortable, quiet and clean. Bed and linens are one of the best i've got in Bangkok. Nice swimming pool on the top floor, very good breakfast with a stunning view from Bangkok. We will be back there for sure again and again.
Michel and Napatsawan from Canada

Room Tip: Call direct the hotel to reserve and ask Fairy or Joy. Tell them Michel and Napatsawan from Canada r...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Arrived in Bangkok after 24 hours travelling feeling tired and weary. After the usual mad taxi ride from the airport I arrived at The Continent to find a peaceful haven away from the chaos of Bangkok. I was offered a drink from the bar as I checked in with the very helpful reception staff before being shown up to my room by another member of staff who was also very cheery. The room was exceptional with a stunning view over BKK. Was very clean and had an air of modern luxury about it. Everything I needed was there including fast Wi-Fi and an extremely comfy bed. The roof top pool with bar was something else! If you're in Bangkok you won't be disappointed. And to top it all off I got this 5 star treatment for less than a price of a budget travel inn back in England. Unbelievable. Thankyou!

Room Tip: Book early for a good price and choose a room on the higher floors for the amazing view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChefG93
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I must say that whenever I head to Bangkok, I would choose a hotel close to BTS or MRT, close-by amenities/food and cost around SGD$50 per person per night.

Decided to stay at The Continent due to high recommendations from my colleagues and I was glad I did. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at out of my 5-time trips to Bangkok.

Queries were answered promptly via email prior to my check-in and check-in was pretty smooth. It's interesting for me to view first-hand a photoshoot at the lobby on the day of my arrival. In order to ensure our check-in process was consistently smooth while the shoot was going on, we were ushered to the sofa seats at the lounge area and offered drinks while the reception officer prepared our papers. We asked for an upgrade via email but did not remind them upon check-in. Instead, we were given a bottle of wine in our room. Would still prefer an upgrade though.

Room was comfortable, clean and had a very modern feel. Love the quirky bathroom design with adjustable peek-a-boo shutters.

Hotel is just steps away from Sukumhvit MRT and Asok BTS. As for Terminal 21, is just right across the road from the hotel.

The only con that I found was that there were only two lifts and over 37 floors, it took quite a while for the lifts to arrive.

Have recommended this hotel to my other colleagues and they have booked an upcoming stay in Oct.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is trying hard to be a 5 stars hotel - but with no success (looks like even the name is trying to let you think that this is a luxury hotel....)
I stayed in their continent room, their highest level, and what a disappointment it was:
Room is small and if you open your suitcase you don't have space to move.
Lighting is bad and you have to shave in the morning otherwise the bathroom light is not enough.
The free juices that they are offering in the lobby as part of their SKY privileges are not fresh and already have this rotten taste.
The amenities in the bathroom are same quality as a caravan park.
Towels are not thick or soft.
The variety at breakfast suits 4 stars hotels and the refill of the consumed items is too slow.
The daily fruit platter is just one small joke.
The free wi-fi in the room is slower than dial up.
The variety of the free canapés at the bar is another joke.
You really can't compare this hotel to other 5 stars in Bangkok as they all in a different league.
I can continue on counting the faults but I have to finish as I have to pack my bags and move to
a better hotel (Yes, I'm checking out before my original check out date and no one cares here...)

Room Tip: High floor is a must.
4 Thank Oron R