O'Nidra House
Priceline
US$179
US$160
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I agree with the previous reviewers that this is a nice place. The staff is very friendly, probably the most friendly I have encountered during my one month trip in Thailand.

The hostel is also very clean and nicely decorated.

What I enjoyed less is that my room had no windows at all. Next to that there were cold showers only. I did not find the location very convenient (15 min walk to bts). Finally there was a weird smell in the hostel, especially in the showers.

All together a good budget friendly options with a few minor negative things!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The only problem that I encountered is that the taxis had some trouble finding it because it was new when I arrived, but Joy, the proprietor, was so kind and helpful upon my arrival in Bangkok. She helped me along in my travels in addition to maintaining a clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay- very safe too. I would not hesitate to go back and I look forward to the opportunity!

Room Tip: There is a coed dorm, where I stayed, which was a great way to meet fellow travelers. There is also a female dorm and a few single rooms, Shared baths are clean and modern.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My second stay was as good as my first back in april (see previous glowing review) . I decided to stay again based on the fantastic service and great clean new rooms. Like last time I stayed in a private single room for the first night then changed to the shared male/female dorm. From the minute you arrive you have no worries, nothing is too much trouble. The single room is good value at 650bt, which includes a good new and quiet aircon unit and comfortable single bed. A bottle of water and two towels are also included in the private rooms.
The dorm is spacious, looks brand new and also has good aircon. The hotel has a spa theme which looks fresh, clean and high standard. The building is narrow and tall at the quiet end of a busy street where might markets are held. There is a clean bathroom on each floor and a cafe in reception with lots of guide books to look at and free wifi throughout the hotel. The iced cappuccinos are amazing!! And just 40bt. I was thinking of going on two day trips I had noticed in a brochure in reception however wasn't keen on the early start so the very kind owner Joy showed me how to see what I wanted independently. I cannot give Joy enough praise, she really cares and will help you with anything you want, you couldn't get better service! she even gave me a ride to the BTS on her way home.
The hotel is a good 15 min walk from the subway which at night is a bit off putting but you can easily jump into a tuk tuk/taxi for under 40bath/80pence. The benefit of being further down the road from the busy areas is that it's nice and quiet at night so you can get a good nights sleep.
Overall I would again recommend this hotel to a friend :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I came across O’Nidra on trip advisor and cross referenced with other review websites and I am not surprised it has such amazing reviews! I initially decided to stay in a single room for 2 nights upon arriving in Thailand. From the very start I was impressed and believe me I am a very harsh critic! The room was a great size, working good quality air con, comfortable bed and smelt lovely. There was a shared bathroom (shared between three rooms) but if it was occupied, you can easily use a bathroom on another floor. It’s a tall building with just a few rooms on each floor, so if you are disabled it may a bit of a problem. That is the only tiny negative though! I was so happy with the accommodation I decided to stay and extra night, but in the shared room because the single rooms were understandably full. I was a bit hesitant about hostel accommodation in Thailand but there was no need to be at all. The shared room had about 6 bunk beds in it, but had lots of space, windows, fantastic aircon and looked brand new. The room had about 4 other people stay in it the night I stayed, who were all lovely and not the usual teen backpacker! Location was good and I felt it was a safe area (I’m a 24yr old, female solo traveller.)
The staff could not have been more helpful, professional and kind and happily let me check out late from the hostel room on my final night no problems at all. Couldn’t recommend this hostel/hotel highly enough  I will be back!

Room Tip: Have an iced cappuccino in reception and ask for the hotel directions in Thai as a few seasonal taxi drivers got lost. Reception has a little map of directions already printed to help with this.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The staff was very helpful, the bed was very comfortable, the shared bathroom was very clean. I only missed a window in my room. The Guesthouse is close to a the trainstation and in the middle of Bangkok.
I'll stay here again.