“Not what I asked for - lost in transalation?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lynla Spa
Manchester, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Not what I asked for - lost in transalation?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

This review isn't about the hotel but the spa attached to and part of the same building. I am presuming it is also under the same management.
Whilst staying at a nearby 5* hotel my wife and I happened to walk past the Bossotel one evening and saw the spa. The following night together with our son we visited the spa. I requested a 1 hour oil massage and my wife and son 1 hour foot reflexology.
I was whisked away upstairs, having been asked my preference for a masseur for which I wasn't bothered either way male or female. Anyway, having been requested to shower I prepared myself in a manner I am accustomed to when attending a spa i.e. wear the unfetching undergarments provided.
The female masseur requested I remove them, this was a suprise having never had such a request before. I did oblige with the masseur gently saying "I not looking" or words similar.
The oil massage then began, which I must say didn't over enthrawl me.
Having comlpeted my back massage I was asked to turn over for the frontal massage. Having then completed most of my body the masseur in a very gently spoken voice and with hands moving closer and closer to where very few people have ever, ever been invited asked, "would you like massage here!!" - No thank you.
It seems a shame that I am scoring such a low mark because my wife and son thoroughly enjoyed their reflexology, so much so they returned 2 days later for another session.
I myself had better things to do.
So if you thought the redlight district was the only place to offer 'intimate' massages, think again.

3 Thank LANCON13