“Absolute Stereotypical Bangkok Scam”
Review of Ram Fashion International - CLOSED

Ram Fashion International
Reviewed 17 June 2014

You are walking around Samsen on one of your last days in Bangkok, some "very friendly" lady approaches to you and tells you its Buddha day so tuktuks will charge you less. She gives you a tour plan and of course a fashion house is included. You go, see what they made before look okay, the fabrics look okay then you select something from their catalouge.

I told the guy who helped me (Arjun) that I am leaving in two days so he said he would come for the fitting the next day anytime I tell him to. You of course have to pay a deposit.

The next day I call the guy, not only the delivery was an hour late on my last Saturday night in Bangkok, it also was brought by some delivery guys and not Arjun himself. I looked at the skirt I ordered and it was absolutely nothing like the one I saw in the catalogue. It was a sloppy piece of fabric attached in an unprofessional way. I asked for my money back and these delivery guys caused a very unpleasant scene in the hotel lobby. Then they told me to get a tuktuk to the shop so I might get my money back. I refused knowing two girls going to some scammers shop alone in the evening was not such a good idea.

15 minutes after when we are about to leave the hotel to go out and try to have fun in this so-called city of smiles, Arjun guy knocks on my door and asks me to get the skirt and pay and maybe he might change it and deliver it the next morning. I of course did not believe him. After a long, heated conversation he leaves the hotel promising to bring my money back.

I have never heared about my deposit again, and like I mentioned before, I would not go back to this scam shop alone to deal with bunch of greedy guys.

In Thailand, locals see you as an ATM. Every "good" advice always has a catch. This shop is a perfect example of this stereotype. DO NOT GO THERE.

6  Thank asrky

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were also bought here by our tuk Tuk driver who pretty much begged us to go, saying we would get out Tuk Tuk ride for free if we stayed in the shop for 10 minutes (baring in mind it was only 20 baht anyway). We agreed to help him out but when we went into the shop a staff member was on us straight away asking if we want to buy. We said we wanted to get an idea of price and quality and he said we could get a shirt for 500 baht. This was actually a great price so we started to think actually we might purchase one. But then the guy started saying his time is money so we need to tell him if we definitely want to buy so not to waste his time. I asked if I could have a look at the brochures first and he said "if you look you have to buy, if you don't buy you get out", and he pointed at the door. I can understand he doesn't want to waste his time with customers just helping out their Tuk Tuk drivers, but the fact is we were actually thinking of buying a shirt and then he was beyond rude to us. Don't go here as they clearly don't want your custom anyway, plus then our Tuk Tuk driver just looked annoyed as we didn't manage to stay in for 10 minutes.

2  Thank jessicamariebaker
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I also Fell for the tuktuk scam and the thing with gasoline voucher: 'just stay in there for a couple of minutes, you don't have to buy'.
But anyway I bought a Shirt. They asked me if I want a suit or shoes also, but I told them that it is to expensive for me and then it was ok...
I came back in the evening of the same day and tried the Shirt. It was perfect fitting. Again they asked if I want a suit - no I don't, I don't have money. So i could leave the Store fast.
After wearing the Shirt i am still satisfied, the cotton feels good and the Design is great.

3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Before our holiday i read about the scam tricks if you buy a suite by the tailor. The place looks great not a small shop at all lots of people are working there and there where many tourists inside. So we thought this must be ok. The owner ram gives you attention and helps you to pick out from a catalogues. Cleverly he makes you buy more than you intend to. We came by tuk tuk our driver told us go inside stay 15 minutes look and if you don’t want you’re not obligated to buy. This was true but i needed a suite. I bought 2 suites and a jacket my wife one coat. At the end of our stay in Thailand we picked up our order, they made a few adjustments and on the last all was delivered to our hotel. The total order was around 800 euro. Only after a few weeks on arrival the coat of my wife began to fluff badly the coats looks ridicules. The buttons of my jacket began to hang loose. From the 2 suites i had made it was the same story only one is of reasonable quality.
I would never go back here even if he gave me it for free!!!

1  Thank John_Beton