“Great burger & pie”

Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We Are Looking Forward Seeing You Again Recently Re-Furbished in a Major Way. I Promise You All Considerable Amount of Thought And Skill Was Initiated to Make Chef Bar an Even Better Experience ! Our Small Team Welcome You To Chef Bar to Experience International Comfort Cuisine Sourced and Prepared By Chef Roland who has Over 40years International Culinary Experience.Chef Roland's Concept is to Control The Transition from Ingredients to the Finished Dish By: Sourcing Only the Best Products Available.All Raw Meat is In House Ground or Cut. Blends His Own Concoctions of Sauces, Salt, Seasonings. Hand Cut Chips and Mashed Potatoes are prepared fresh Daily.Please Take a Look at Our Specials that are Always Imaginative with locally and Imported Quality Ingredients. Also Chef Roland Personally Has SelectedInteresting Craft Beers From All Over the World.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were lucky to be able to get a table just before the shop closes for the noon time. And one last burger bun left too!! We had the lamb shoulder burger and the chicken pie. The lamb was juicy and with the sauce that goes along with the burger, it was delicious, except a bit salty for my taste bud. Chicken pie was creamy and packed full of ingredients!

Worth coming for a good western food if wanna have a break from Thai food during a holiday trip. It's near the popular Health Land Massage place, so head down for a try and have a chat with the friendly chef who gives his 100% effort in preparing your meal :)

The only con is your clothes will stink from the cooking and the oil smell as it's open kitchen, thus ventilation isn't good.

3  Thank Joyce Y
There are newer reviews for Chef Bar

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had to make 2 trips to the place as if was closed for no apparent reason the first time. Very small and cramped with the kitchen pretty much on your table. Food average so surprised it's so high on TA ratings! No toilet facilities so overall, not much to get excited about.

4  Thank sapabkk
AusSamui, Owner at Chef Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear SapaBkk,
Firstly I'd Like to Thank-you for Visiting Chef Bar and am Disappointed your Experience Seemed to be Under Your Expectations.
Secondly I'd Like to Take the Opportunity in Responding to Your Review Point by Point:
1/ You - Had to make 2 trips to the place as if was closed for no apparent reason the first time.
"Our Operating Days and Hours are Clearly Posted on TA and Facebook plus on Our Shutter Doors."
2/ You - Very small and cramped with the kitchen pretty much on your table.
" The Small and Cosy Space of Chef Bar is Frequently Commented positively by Many Very Happy Customers, Also As you approach and open our Glass Door all is very Visible of What Seating/Kitchen Area is Available.....so What You see is What We Have .
3/You - Food average so surprised it's so high on TA ratings!
"So Your Saying 121 Excellent Reviewers are Over Rating Chef Bar's Cuisine ?
4/ You - No toilet facilities so overall, not much to get excited about.
"I Apologize that it's no Toilet Facilities in my actual Restaurant but its quite obvious I have no Space.But There are Toilet facilities within a few meters of Chef Bar that until now, Guests have No Issue with .
I know I can't Please Everyone..But I feel 95% are more than Pleased..Even Excited!..Sorry You Weren't.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A hamburger doesn't usually blow my mind. They can be absolutely delicious; succulent, juicy meat, an adequate dosing of spices, etc., but they are not the food I usually write home about. At chef bar, it's a totally different story. The wagyu burger I had was not only cooked perfectly, but tasted so delicious I feel it is a disservice to call it a hamburger. The beef was some of the highest quality I've had anywhere. The spices were unique, flavorful, yet not the least bit overpowering. The homemade chips are phenomenal(same for the homemade ketchup they are served with.) If I had the money, I would ship this chef off to NYC to open a chef bar in my apartment building.

5  Thank sottovoce201
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived there on my own at 8pm and had the best service and hospitality. The food was amazing!!!! And the burger (wagyu beef) with mushroom and goats cheese was delicious!!! The fries where homemade, salt plus tomato sauce delicious!!! Was a great experience and something you have to do when you are here! The owner even makes his own butter for the bun, and the bun is soft with a glossy shell. A great meal and best burger I have had yet. A must!

2  Thank Carla F
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Don't think about trying anything else - the burger, made to order, the fries, made to order coupled with the homemade ketchup is heads and shoulders above the rest of the crowd.
Cozy place, only a few tables, and always busy is a good sign.

Good service, great price equals great value.

In the mood for a burger - try it.
(I've seen some of the other menu items being served - they also look yummy)

1  Thank drinBKK