“Very poor”

Neighbourhood: Siam
Melbourne, Australia
“Very poor”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Well we stayed at the asia hotel and were excited to try this place. We went here on a saturday night wasnt really busy we went ahead and had the buffet dinner for 790 per person. Only thing we enjoyed was the crepe desert and and the buffet salad. The meat was terrible hardly cooked and really chewy. We barely ate much because was so terrible couldnt wait to leave this place. Was a shame expected alot better.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Sisaket, Thailand
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Craving some GOOD steak, I set out to fill my needs in Bangkok. I found Rio Brazil which is located in the large outdated Asia Hotel. The atmosphere is nice but in need of some attention. That said, I really enjoyed my meal. It is all you can eat, with lots of variety.

The skewered grilled meats are carved table-side and include chicken wings, leg of lamb, beef tenderloin, pork, ostrich, sausages, salmon, ribs and grilled pineapple. 6 kinds of sauces are provided to accompany the grilled meat. I thought the Lemon Chili sauce was wonderful. Dessert was fried banana with ice-cream.

The marinades on the meats were very good. My favorite was the Ostrich, Beef, Pork and Pineapple.

Buffet lunch and dinner is available at a promo price.
Lunch buffet: Come 4 Pay 3
Dinner buffet: Come 5 Pay 4 (Go 6 Pay 5, Go 7 Pay 8, Go 10 Pay 8)
Price: 590 Baht/ person - A bargain for all this great food. This will be a regular stop for me on future trips to Bangkok.

Rio Grill Brazilian Restaurant
Address: 2/F, Asia Hotel, 296 Phayathai Road Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Reservation: 02-217-0808 ext 5357
Hours: 11:30 am to 14: 30pm (lunch); 18:00pm – 22:30pm (dinner)
Website: http://www.asiahotel.co.th/bangkok/bangkokrest.htm

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brian J
Fort Worth, Texas
“Average at best...”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Went for lunch with large group. Pace was slow. Meats were okay. Pricey for "average"! Salad bar was nice. Much like a fogo de chao back home. Great if you want quantity!

• Visited April 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You will not go home Hungry!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Stuck for ideas for dinner one night and over thai food we came across Rio Grill and thought why not! The meat was delicious and you get such a variety from pork to lamb to ostrich. The salad bar was fresh and tasty and so was the soup. Great 3 course dinner was had for only 590 baht per person

Los Angeles, California
“First time for my son and second for my wife and I.”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Food was great , they bring as much as you want . I was there when they had the anniversary of Elvis event going on and My family and i dinned so greaty.

• Visited September 2012