“Best location, ambient and service!”

Hua Chang Heritage Hotel
Ranked #177 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was our first time traveling to Thailand so we had no expectations on what to see when we arrived... Most importantly we had no idea about the protests that we're happening in Bangkok throughout that week we visited....
Our taxi driver had to drop us off around the corner because the streets were closed due to this event happening in this area and it wasn't the most beautiful sight seeing I've experienced in any city. So we were a bit nervous on what to expect. When we finally entered the hotel we felt we were translated into another world; it didn't fit at all with what was outside and even the staffs uniforms were unique and fitted the concept of the hotel. Due to the time of arrival the hotel restaurant was already closed and we haven't had dinner yet so we stepped out in the unknown at 10:30pm to find a place to eat.

The staff was always there for us, worrying about where we were going, how we were feeling and if everything was going correctly. Once we arrived in the room we were impressed with the modern technology and design this hotel offered and there was nothing but comfortness in the room. Lighting, bed, bathroom, bathtub, air conditioning, television and pillows were amazing.... The only downfall was the wife internet, although the staff was always there if you needed any assistance.

For us the location was the best, away from the city center but close to all major shopping areas.... Siam paragon, Siam center, Siam square, MBK, and much much more.... Great places to eat nearby and the sky train only 5 minute walk From the front door of the hotel.....

Most importantly they are always there for anything you need, in fact they took care of us when we needed to book a quick taxi to the airport at 7am!

Don't hesitate to book here, you will love it! Thanks to all the staff!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UtahTravel24_7

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Upon stepping into the hotel and checking in, the hotel was beautiful inside and I was very impressed. The location was very central and was in between National Stadium station and Ratchathewi station (walk-able distance from both BTS stations).

Checking into this hotel took a bit of time as they seemed to be short-handed and could not process our check in quickly. Also, the staff looked grumpy and smiled little so they didn't leave us a good impression on their service.

My family and I have opted for 2 Premier Deluxe rooms for the first two nights and the subsequent 2 nights, we decided to reward ourselves by staying in their suite and booked a 2-bedroom suite from their website.

However, we discovered a day before our change of rooms that there was no 2-bedroom suite available in their hotel but instead, we were given their best room, a 1-bedroom suite with a Deluxe room next door. My sisters and I repeated read through their website and the descriptions was unclear. Instead of just one room given to us, we were given 2 in the end.

Another incident occurred during my stay was when I was washing my face at the bathroom, my sister turned on the lights next to the mirror in the bathroom and it short-circuited, there were sparks coming from the lamps and the light bulb flew right in front of me nearly hit my head. I was shocked and lost for words. Not even staying in a backpack hostel or a guesthouse has this ever happened to me. It was unbelievable that for this boutique hotel, presented so prettily on the outside has such poor maintenance of their rooms inside.

Good thing was that they seemed really apologetic about the incident and replaced the light bulb immediately. And the next few days, they seemed to be more smiley when they see us (probably after they seen my furious face when I passed the light bulb to them). However the damage was done, with this incident plus the dishonest description in their own hotel booking system, I believe with the room rate they charge us, I can do better with other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wendelane
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The train fare from the airport to the hotel (via airport city line to Phaya Thai station + sky train 1 stop to Patchathewi station) is 60 Baht per person (US $1.8). It's probably the most economical and efficient way to the hotel. There is however a 200m walk on the street once you're out of the skytrain station, which can be tricky if you have a lot of luggage and/or when it’s raining.
The location is very strong, it’s practically next to Siam Discovery (one of the main shopping centres). Check-in was quick. We were offered cranberry juice while checking in which was very lovely and refreshing after the walk. Although we asked for a deluxe non-smoking room, we were given a smoking room with strong smoke odour. Upon calling the receptionist, they immediately addressed this by given us a smoke free premium deluxe room. I was very impressed by their efficiency and appreciative of the room upgrade. The room itself was spacious and almost everything (air / fan / light) was controlled by a touch screen next to the bed. The downside was the noise. Traffic noise. The hotel is situated by the road side and it is right next to the sky train track. The sound proof is not the best but we learn to compromise because the pros outweigh the cons in this hotel.
Pos: location (next to canal, shopping centres and sky trains); customer service (prompt, efficient and courteous); breakfast (vast variety, tasty and fresh). Free internet.
Cons: Noise (traffic noise from bikes, cars and sky trains). S~low internet.
Overall this is a very decent hotel that offers the comfort and convenience that modern travellers would be happy with. Personally I would not hesitate to stay in Hua Chang Heritage Hotel if I visit Bangkok again.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify non smoking room if you're particular about it. There is a strong residual sm...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We are lost for words to describe perfectly this hotel. The rooms and every nook and corner are well thought off, I cannot see anything that i want them to improve on in fact after staying in this hotel i want to improve my own rooms in our house! We stayed in the suite, its enormous! The bathrooms, beds, toiletries and the colors are so just so beautiful!
The breakfast is also something we look forward too. The main courses are different everyday and they serve native Thai food!
The location is just walking distance to the malls so my sons are happy!
The staff are ready to answer any queries, any requests and willing to do an extra hand always.
Perhaps they can put their own SPA so that we don't have to go to other places at night when we want to have a massage.

Room Tip: Stay in the suite if you are a family. All the rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Lovely hotel in a great location. We took the train from Suvarnabhumi airport to Ratchathewi station then walked down to the hotel - took around 30/40 mins in all. The hotel is also around 10 mins walk from National Stadium station and MBK/Siam shopping centres.

Room was a great size and very modern - with everything controlled from a central screen. The bathroom was fantastic, with a lovely free-standing bath and excellent rainfall shower. Very strong wifi in the room also.

We only ate once in the hotel but the food was excellent, if over-priced. The 'pool' area is very pretty, with clever use of small waterfalls and bubbling fountains to drown out the sound of the road outside.

Staff were friendly and welcoming, sending up someone to fix our wifi very quickly when we accidentally turned it off! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have travelled extensively with our 2 kids - age 8 and 6 - and have never had a hotel stay where we were forced to pay for their breakfast, until this one. Every single hotel - kids under 12 eat for free - is the usual policy, but here we had to pay for both!! We also asked about extending our room for an extra day, since the flight was after midnight - they were very prompt in saying that they were sold out. Of course, I was able to make an additional booking through expedia, so their response was uncalled for.

Nonetheless, I must say that this is a nice place to stay near Siam Square, though the food is average and pricey.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sajid H
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Hua Chang is a small boutique hotel located within walking distance of Bangkok's prime shopping district (Siam Square). Hotel is also close to BTS for making trips in and around Bangkok. Rooms are spacious and modern with all the usual amenities of a 4 star hotel. Service was excellent and attentive. A daily breakfast buffet was included which featured some authentic Thai dishes and the typical Western items.

If I needed to suggest items to improve, they would be:
- shower area could be cleaner. For a hotel that is only1 yr old, there was a noticeable amount of mold.
- ants. Yes this is Asia but to see them crawl around your sink and bathroom everyday makes me wonder of the overall cleanliness of the room. However everything else in the room appears to be clean and well kept.
- Miss Siam restaurant was great for breakfast but unreasonably expensive for lunch and dinner. Portions were too small
- nice pool that looks more like a large pond. I never saw one single person use it for our entire stay. Area is also quite noisy as its right next to a major roadway and the BTS' elevated track.

Overall I would still consider this hotel if and when I'm back in Bangkok.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple